1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
WolfV11 wrote:
Looks like Halo 5 meets Doom. Which, honestly, I don't care about--but this F2P thing really turns me off.
Free to play and expansive campaign seems to be the most "disruptive" or creative thing we've seen so far in Infinite. I can't say yet if this is good or bad, but F2P will likely have a significant impact on the Halo moving forward that we can only evaluate when the game releases.
Honestly I like it so far. The armor looks good, and we have a few different styles. With different underskin styles too which is very nice. As far as the map it looks like a close to med map, probably a hexagon shape. Maybe a wizard revamp? The light with the god rays looks damn good. I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. Also don't know if anyone has noticed, but the back ground of the armor selection and weapon "modification" room looks like you are in an Outpost or in a ship going through your supplies. I love it, if this is the UI for the whole game I am down. Like someone posted in a youtube video, "It would be cool if Armor customization was in one of the armor pods like you see in spartan ops and halo 4 ending cutscene." I agree, having a somewhat interactive background/ menu system would be off the chain. And it looks like these screen shots are tell us this.
looks like a symmetrical map where both teams get a grappleshot each and the invis is in the center. edit- doesnt look symetrical on second look
For the vertical look of the map I suppose the grappleshot will affect the gameplay a lot in this map, since you could use it to travel up and down. Even grab an enemy in a lower level and quickly get closer for a melee attack or a shotgun burst. Honestly it would kinda function similarly to the ground pound.
Okay no one has said it, but there is invis on the bottom level of the map in the first screenshot.
Hard to say from 2 screenshots how the map will play. Visuals look amazing though
It definitly looks better than the plastic smeared look everything was in Halo 5. Hopefully the map design will accomodate classic-style gameplay first.
Still cautiously optimistic but leaning a bit more towards the optimistic side now.
There's sprinting. Sprinting means the maps are going to have to be built around it which means they're going to be disappointing.
If you consider that a first look at the multiplayer, then you must think a piece of bread is a pb&j. Because those were just screens and work in progress renders. I'll wait for more solid info to come out before making a full opinion personally.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Here’s my take since the first gameplay reveal in July and those screenshots.

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P. They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
You sound like someone who wouldn't be pleased by anything. You're talking about parts of the game like you've already played it, but then say you'll wait to see actual gameplay. Contradict yourself much? You also give us classic fans a bad name, with the childlike tantrum attitude you have just shown. You won't be missed. Bye bye!
I do really like the art in the pictures I wish they confirm if warzone is returning or not I wanted to see a picture of big team battle but the pictures look great I’m excited!!
Halo is needs BR to stay relevant.
Very underwhelmed. The map looks like Halo 5, the spartan is sprinting(terrible choice again), and the pickup looks dull like Halo 5. My hype has definitely dropped a notch.
Looks like Halo 5 with surface scratches to me and completely designed around sprint. I don't like it but my opinion doesn't count these days. If you like it, be happy! Looking forward to Battlefield 6 now. Hopefully MCC H2C/3 population will stay high enough. I'm out sulking like a child.
Now that looks far more in line with the more 'grounded' look we got for Infinite in the first two trailers. Loved it to be honest. It feel like a mix between Reach and H5 and that's good if you ask me. A good blend of continuation and back to familiar. The thing made me think of that Reach map, Countdown mixed with CE's Prisoner.

Things I noticed:
- Top down the ground spaces look big. So no more getting stuck in small spaces or behind tiny notches anymore! YAY!
- Power ups are pick ups = good.
- Several vertical lines of sight (similar to more classic CE maps)
- Easy call signs implemented in the map.
- Bright environment, recognizable areas, not a lot of visual distraction without looking empty.
Halo is needs BR to stay relevant.
Yeah, Reach was great but the DMR alone didn't cut it.

One thing I am very curious about, is that in this image, there is an Assault Rifle floating on a weapon pad at the top-center of the screen. Think weapons will be displayed as floating weapons, like old school arena shooters such as Quake; as opposed to being lain across the map like in traditional Halo?
In the same image you can see the grapple hook pickup inside the "Whirlpool Dam" on the right. Nothing there we didnt already know, just thought it was neat to have it visualized.
It definitly looks better than the plastic smeared look everything was in Halo 5. Hopefully the map design will accomodate classic-style gameplay first.
it won't, they even choose a screenshot of a spartan sprinting to represent the game... there is just no reason to believe they care about classic gameply....
There's sprinting. Sprinting means the maps are going to have to be built around it which means they're going to be disappointing.
We see Chief sprinting briefly in the demo, and it looks like it's been toned down a LOT, as in you barely move any faster. Now that could change when the game releases, but It doesn't look like sprinting is going to be as predominant as in 4 and 5 (even Reach).
Not sure about map yet but armour and screenshots look awesome.
We see Chief sprinting briefly in the demo, and it looks like it's been toned down a LOT, as in you barely move any faster. Now that could change when the game releases, but It doesn't look like sprinting is going to be as predominant as in 4 and 5 (even Reach).
the map looks small too. the 2 screenshots are actually looking at the same spot but from different angles. i like small maps when they have a big line of sight blocker in the middle. half the map seems to be open exterior and the other half is closed interior. the roof will make it easy to use grappleshot
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7