OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
Doesn't look bad, but I really need to see actual multiplayer gameplay before really saying anything.
You guys seriously thought they were going to Ace sprint, how many games has it been and you all are still here moaning about it? Being here this long complaining about something that isn’t going anywhere, couldn’t be me. You’re going to get s reskin of the Trilogy, you’re actually wasting your time.

Now on to the map, it looks ok, nothing to be amazed about. Verticality is nice and all, but I hope there are other options to reach certain spots without requiring a Grapple Shot. I also would prefer if the powers-up looked much more interesting. I’d like a map like this to be asymmetrical as well. Detail wise, it looks better than H5 for sure.
It looks like I won't be blinded by light which is good.
You guys seriously thought they were going to Ace sprint, how many games has it been and you all are still here moaning about it? Being here this long complaining about something that isn’t going anywhere, couldn’t be me. You’re going to get s reskin of the Trilogy, you’re actually wasting your time.

Now on to the map, it looks ok, nothing to be amazed about. Verticality is nice and all, but I hope there are other options to reach certain spots without requiring a Grapple Shot. I also would prefer if the powers-up looked much more interesting. I’d like a map like this to be asymmetrical as well. Detail wise, it looks better than H5 for sure.
Well to be honest complaining about sorint from every aspect including forging maps for multiplayer has gotten them to change it to where it is reduced and bass movment speed increased much like original Halos. New age map designers think asymmetrical maps are unskillful. But generally there are actually the most fub to play. I just hope their spawn system is tweaked because in MCC it is the most terrible I've ever seen. Spawn right beside three players.

i hope all i have to do is walk over the powerup to equip and no more dumb animation.
Tetrafy wrote:

Well to be honest complaining about sorint from every aspect including forging maps for multiplayer has gotten them to change it to where it is reduced and bass movment speed increased much like original Halos.
i dont think bms ever really changed that much. reach and 4 just had high sprint speeds

i hope all i have to do is walk over the powerup to equip and no more dumb animation.
I agree, but I have a strong feeling it will have an activation animation before it is applied. Not sure why we needed that in the first place, but whatever lol.
Tetrafy wrote:

Well to be honest complaining about sorint from every aspect including forging maps for multiplayer has gotten them to change it to where it is reduced and bass movment speed increased much like original Halos.
i dont think bms ever really changed that much. reach and 4 just had high sprint speeds
They actually did increase the base movement speed in Halo 5 by about 15% from the classic value.
Tetrafy wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

Which begs the question, what’s the point in complaining about it. If you’re going to do that, then offer some constructive ideas about how to make it better. A lot of people just say, “yep sprint is here, OMG,” and then they just leave. The biggest change in sprint over the years is that they took infinite sprint out that was in H4. Other than that, they all feel similar to me regardless of speed changes to bms or sprint. People will still be mad regardless of speed changes and it’s not going anywhere, so I’m not sure why people still expect it to just be scrapped
tsassi wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

They actually did increase the base movement speed in Halo 5 by about 15% from the classic value.
15% sounds like a lot but the change is barely noticed in gameplay which is why i said it didnt change that much.
Tetrafy wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

Which begs the question, what’s the point in complaining about it. If you’re going to do that, then offer some constructive ideas about how to make it better. A lot of people just say, “yep sprint is here, OMG,” and then they just leave. The biggest change in sprint over the years is that they took infinite sprint out that was in H4. Other than that, they all feel similar to me regardless of speed changes to bms or sprint. People will still be mad regardless of speed changes and it’s not going anywhere, so I’m not sure why people still expect it to just be scrapped
a lot more has been done to balance sprint. speed of sprint makes a big difference in team play. not being able to activate sprint when taking damage makes a big difference in team play. sprint in 4 and 5 are night and day, not the same.
tsassi wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

15% sounds like a lot but the change is barely noticed in gameplay which is why i said it didnt change that much.
That's not surprising. People aren't very perceptive of absolute movement speed differences. I was just confirming the fact that the difference between base and sprint speed has decreased from both directions.
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

That's not surprising. People aren't very perceptive of absolute movement speed differences. I was just confirming the fact that the difference between base and sprint speed has decreased from both directions.
yes, the biggest difference is 5 takes time to hit top speed.
Tetrafy wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

a lot more has been done to balance sprint. speed of sprint makes a big difference in team play. not being able to activate sprint when taking damage makes a big difference in team play. sprint in 4 and 5 are night and day, not the same.
And at the end of the day, the same people still go out of there way to hate it. I was talking more in terms of speed, not in totality , the changes in speed still don’t matter in the grand scheme, and infinite sprint is still the biggest change period imo.

I’m saying you can change it as much as you want, people will still act like it’s the end all be all. The biggest nope for anti sprint users is the change in base speed period, and if you make it so that it’s closer bms, what was the point in adding it in the first place lol? There’s compromising then there’s doing it just for the sake of it and the feature not really being what it should actually be.
Tetrafy wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:

And at the end of the day, the same people still go out of there way to hate it. I was talking more in terms of speed, not in totality , the changes in speed still don’t matter in the grand scheme, and infinite sprint is still the biggest change period imo.

I’m saying you can change it as much as you want, people will still act like it’s the end all be all. The biggest nope for anti sprint users is the change in base speed period, and if you make it so that it’s closer bms, what was the point in adding it in the first place lol? There’s compromising then there’s doing it just for the sake of it and the feature not really being what it should actually be.
people have brainwashed themselves that sprint is the most important reason halo has fell of a cliff. it doesnt matter if it becomes balanced, it will always be the enemy until people play a fun halo game that has sprint.. i think halo infinite will finally silence most of the anti sprinters.

i disagree about the infinite sprint in 4. no one really sprints that long anyway, atleast not in 4v4. there is more to sprint than just speed. its how it can be used in combat that people ultimately have a problem with. halo 5 solved a lot of those issues.
People wish for sprint to be removed because that would allow them to enjoy the game more, and isn't that what we all want, to enjoy the game? Isn't it obvious that people love Halo, and they want it to be the best it can be? You don't have to agree with their idea of "best", but can't you understand the love for Halo?

Regarding feedback, people have given concrete constructive feedback on how to deal with the removal of sprint in a way that tries to be sensitive to the desires of sprint fans. That is as much as you should expect, because there is no "making it better"; the fundamental concept of sprint—restricting the player's actions at maximum speed—is the issue here. You can blame the opponents of sprint for being unwilling to compromise. But if you only accept "compromises" where sprint stays, you shouldn't feel any moral superiority over it.
tsassi wrote:
People wish for sprint to be removed because that would allow them to enjoy the game more, and isn't that what we all want, to enjoy the game? Isn't it obvious that people love Halo, and they want it to be the best it can be? You don't have to agree with their idea of "best", but can't you understand the love for Halo?

Regarding feedback, people have given concrete constructive feedback on how to deal with the removal of sprint in a way that tries to be sensitive to the desires of sprint fans. That is as much as you should expect, because there is no "making it better"; the fundamental concept of sprint—restricting the player's actions at maximum speed—is the issue here. You can blame the opponents of sprint for being unwilling to compromise. But if you only accept "compromises" where sprint stays, you shouldn't feel any moral superiority over it.
"restricting the player's actions at maximum speed" is not necessarily good or bad game design. as long as we have full control when we fire and we are not stuck in an animation, thats what matters most to halo. a balanced sprint allows you to get into action quicker (providing maps have not been stretched due to sprint). sprint also intuitively adds a new mechanic like the quick slide which inherits sprints balance,(RIP, the unbalanced mess that was thruster).

i'll make a prediction and say that the new slide will be the most fun thing to do in halo infinite and sprint will be part of that fun.
"restricting the player's actions at maximum speed" is not necessarily good or bad game design. as long as we have full control when we fire and we are not stuck in an animation, thats what matters most to halo. a balanced sprint allows you to get into action quicker (providing maps have not been stretched due to sprint). sprint also intuitively adds a new mechanic like the quick slide which inherits sprints balance,(RIP, the unbalanced mess that was thruster).

i'll make a prediction and say that the new slide will be the most fun thing to do in halo infinite and sprint will be part of that fun.
Not interested in debating sprint in this thread.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Here’s my take since the first gameplay reveal in July and those screenshots.

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P. They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
Cool. That’s why MCC is there. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Fans of Halo games without sprint want a new Halo game without sprint, but keep wasting time with this useless argument.
tsassi wrote:

Not interested in debating sprint in this thread.
It's too late to say that, don't you think? XD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7