Opinions on the first look at multiplayer

OP RedMangabey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
The truth is that the fact that each topic that is opened in this forum always ends in a discussion about the Sprint is quite tiring. And if it's not about the Sprint, it's a discussion between Halo fans and ""true Halo fans.""

Totally exhausting.
The Spartans look incredible, Sniper and Rockets as well! If their goal is to make this game last 10 years like has been mentioned multiplayer has to have a more classic feel. That is just the cold hard truth. There is a reason why MCC has the largest population.. Multiplayer is the most important aspect of this game they have to get right.
The population of MCC has been lagging behind halo 5 for 5 years, only just recently being given a bump due to the high profile relaunching of the games on PC, and all the updates. At one point in late 2018, MCC was as high as 15 spots behind halo 5 (which is one of those useless facts that my brain just decided to cline on too after I looked it up once). Halo 5 meanwhile hasn’t been given much of any new support in awhile. People follow trends first, game mechanics second.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
Here’s my take since the first gameplay reveal in July and those screenshots.

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P. They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
Cool. That’s why MCC is there. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Fans of Halo games without sprint want a new Halo game without sprint, but keep wasting time with this useless argument.
And fans of Halo games with sprint want a new Halo game with sprint, but keep wasting your time with this useless argument.

See how that works?
C0RRuPTT wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

this game will not feel classic at all. It’s likely going to be a weird hybrid of halo reach/5.

Sprint will likely ALWAYS be a base mechanic At least as the maps will yet again be designed for it. There may be a legacy mode of sorts without but it will probably suck because the maps won’t be designed for not having sprint.

Both armor abilities and deployable equipment will spawn on map. Wouldn’t be surprised if all armor abilities are specifically for enhancing mobility. They may have limited number of uses but i think they will have unlimited use (with cool downs) until player death, where they either drop or despawn. equipment will be similar to what was in halo 3 and already shown.

This is what I believe the core fundamentals will be for the entire multiplayer sandbox. I can’t really speculate on hit reg, bullet magnetism, vehicle balance and physics without more gameplay.

This is kinda what I expected well before the gameplay reveal. I did not believe 343 had the guts to actually make a game with classic mechanics. Because of what we’ve seen plus the F2P live service model they’ve definitely lost me as customer and player. I won’t even play it with gamepass and it being F2P. They are smashing a lot of the most controversial elements of halos gameplay past and present into a single game and giving it a “classic” esque art style to sell to us an evolution of the classic gameplay. reach’s armor abilities, halo 5s base movement and gunplay and.... halo 3’s equipment? Seriously? I’m not an equipment hater in halo 3 but it was clearly a major aspect of the game and the opinion of them in H3 is quite varied. It’s not a universally loved addition at all.

I’d might of been insulted if I was actually surprised by this move. I’ve faced the fact that they simply do not care about what the classic fans want because I can’t think of anything redeemable with what I’m predicting for the multiplayer.

if halo reach merged with 5 is acceptable to you, along with what will likely be a pretty bad live service model for the next decade I hope you have fun. Cause I will be playing MCC or something else entirely if it’s dead by then.
Fans of Halo games without sprint want a new Halo game without sprint, but keep wasting time with this useless argument.
And fans of Halo games with sprint want a new Halo game with sprint, but keep wasting your time with this useless argument.

See how that works?
You said
C0RRuPTT wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

See how that works?
You said “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”. MCC is great, but no one wants to play it forever.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

See how that works?
You said
C0RRuPTT wrote:
SENCHIEF10 wrote:

See how that works?
You said “don’t let the door hit you on the way out”. MCC is great, but no one wants to play it forever.
That's highly subjective, mate.
I can see myself returning to it with my friend on the PC even years from now on, since the implementation of crossplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7