Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Option to turn off outlines next flight

OP Raw Geansai

Flight 1.0 outlines
Flight 2.0 outlines + names/icons.
Flight 2.1 names/icons

This is just a thought nothing too serious.
If we are testing the game i think we should have a flight with an option to turn off outlines to see how it plays out and to truly test out everything. A reminder that there was a bug in the first flight that disabled players names/icons above peoples heads and with the second flight we got to see both outlines and names/icons. So how about we have the option to turn off outlines to see whats it like in the next flight on October 1st. I for one can play fine with just names/icons above players heads and can tell easily who is my teammate and who is the enemy. I think it would be good for the game if we got to experience whats it like. You never know you could want to turn outlines back on! I also think it would be cool to see players shields that are not blended in with outlines.
Yes I agree about the outlines. I made a thread about this earlier if you feel like checking it out and leaving a comment so this request of ours can get more exposure.

🙉 Features Fans Kindly Request a Toggle For 🙈
They already confirmed they are looking into this after launch and nothing will be done before launch. I was once wanting to toggle them off too but in the flight I didn’t notice it much I noticed the most important issue is the aim right now it’s make or break for this game…
Red vs. Blue option. I DO NOT CARE WHAT COATINGS PEOPLE HAVE ON. I'M TIERED OF DOING DOUBLE TAKES TO SEE IF SOMEONE'S AN ENEMY OR NOT.
IBiZaR wrote:
They already confirmed they are looking into this after launch and nothing will be done before launch.
Would you tell me how you learned about that confirmation please?
IBiZaR wrote:
They already confirmed they are looking into this after launch and nothing will be done before launch.
Think this was in one of the latest updates. There was alot of feedback about the outlines from the first flight.

EDIT - I have not read the updates, but i believe Hiddenxepria covered it on his channel.
IBiZaR wrote:
It’s in the last blog post under I think friend vs for system
Red vs. Blue option. I DO NOT CARE WHAT COATINGS PEOPLE HAVE ON. I'M TIERED OF DOING DOUBLE TAKES TO SEE IF SOMEONE'S AN ENEMY OR NOT.
Would love to see this but it's not going to happen. With the move to F2P the coatings are something they can sell.

What I would just prefer to see if team color stripes or lights that turn on in team games. I still don't understand why they refuse to just have Warm vs Cools in team games.

Halo has primarily been 2 teams (fingers crossed for the return of Multi team). Having one team get warm colors Red, Yellow, Orange and the other getting Blue, Green, Purple seems like it would leave enough customization imo.
Such a weird change. Considering I can’t see the armor color most the time when I’m showing them anyway
Bring RvB back
I dont mind having our own colours, but this outline trash needs to be a toggle. As a day one veteran of the series, I consider this to be a terrible change in art direction and gameplay. Energry shields taking the colour of the outline is trash aswell. Please allow this outline nonsense to be a toggle. The rest of the game so far is great.
Yes I agree about the outlines. I made a thread about this earlier if you feel like checking it out and leaving a comment so this request of ours can get more exposure.

🙉 Features Fans Kindly Request a Toggle For 🙈
Oh wow cheers. Ill have a look at you post too didnt get a chance to see it
Definitely keen to have the ability to not have the outlines. (Love seeing the team mate outlines through the walls though).

But would like to have the option to play real RvB again.
Definitely keen to have the ability to not have the outlines. (Love seeing the team mate outlines through the walls though).

But would like to have the option to play real RvB again.
Oh yea me too. I had this idea a while back. In infinite you pledge your allegiance to Red or Blue. You play this gametype and you will awlays be the colour you chosen, and every month or so 343 would release stats on which team RVB who had the most wins, kills, flags captured etc and the one colour that done the overall best they would receive a rewards including XP so maybe like a weapon skin, or piece of armour, or armour attachment etc