Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Over or under 50%: Cortana defeated by the end?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think she will be "repaired". They will somehow merge her with another brain scan of Halsey and she will revert to herself somewhere along the lines of CE. It will work as a relationship story arc if MC remembering how they used to be, but her only having bits and pieces of memories while learning all over who MC is.
100% defeated by Chief, don’t know if she’ll die or not. I hope she somehow redeems herself.
Over or under 50%? I think there's an over 50% chance from a dev standpoint because the reception to Cortana being a villain was ... meh. Or among the majority of players I've met at least. But it would probably be in their best benefit to wrap this Cortana story arc up, and I think they will with this sort of "Finish the fight" momentum they've brought back with Infinite and Halo as a whole again. From a personal standpoint I also want it to be an over 50% chance for similar reasons. I just think Cortana as a villain was an odd move (at best), and it'd be really hard to take her seriously. Even if they could get one good game out of her as villain, that's probably pushing the limit for her capabilities as a character, and so looking forward to the future I'd have her defeated in Infinite to prevent problems down the line.

I hope they don't do this sort of repair type thing where they have her repaired back to a functional state. That's goofy that everything would just work out 100%. And even if she was repaired the UNSC would most certainly not have her back; I've even come as far to think that once this storyline is over the UNSC may no longer include smart A.I. constructs, possibly not even simple dumb ones.
I think she is not getting defeated, mid-escalation there is a turn by her and she is aiding with Master Chief
Shadowrend wrote:
Personally I don’t even see them continuing that story arc at all. I suspect they’ll retcon the entire mess and start fresh.
Oh wow, so you think they're gonna sweep it under the rug right from the beginning?
I can it going this way as well. Because they have stated they want a new Halo player to pick up the game and not feel lost in what’s going on.
Over, especially if we include defeated to also encompass stopping her plan and having her ally with Chief again.
Maybe twist the whole Cortan being a villan thing. Introduce a new threat and reveal that Cortana knew something humanity didnt, and her actions were actually for good and just misunderstood. I was honestly hoping it was a composed Didact taking Cortanas form for the purpose of manipulation, but the expanded media makes it clear its actually Cortana.
Halo Infinite's plot is completely based around her. Killing her within 1 hour would just end the campaign, nothing more.
However, given that I believe Infinite will not the last title (since this is no longer a trilogy), I'm fairly sure Infinite will serve to weaken her, some sort of mortal blow that shakes her as much as we did to the Covenant in CE and 2 before finishing them off in 3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2