Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

PC GPU recommend?

OP Christian476

Hello guys
what are for you the recommended gpu for Halo Infinite?
Hello guys
There's nothing announced so far, we will probably hear at E3.

Based on what the Series X is running though, if you want high graphics and ray tracing you will need at least a 2080 TI. A 30 series card will definitely be the way to go if you can find stock of them anywhere. Bang-for-buck the 3070 will probably be a good target.
I recommend the best GPU you can get. It is barebones out there right now however getting an AMD GPU might be your best bet.
Hello guys

Based on what the Series X is running though, if you want high graphics and ray tracing you will need at least a 2080 TI. A 30 series card will definitely be the way to go if you can find stock of them anywhere. Bang-for-buck the 3070 will probably be a good target.
I have rtx 2060 laptop can I run at 60fps hight?
I7 9750H
RAM 16 GB
1920*1080
Hello guys

Remember, this game is going to be playable on an Xbox One. You will most certainly be able to get 60fps on most semi-modern builds, but it may come with some sacrifices.

I don't think your graphics card will be an issue, but you may have to dial back some settings to get consistent performance. It is all just speculation until they make a real announcement.
Hello guys

Until 343 give out the min PC specs I'm completely guessing but you'll probably manage 60 fps if you run at 1080p and have the graphics turned down. Remember the 2060 is the entry level card from the last gen RTX lineup so you'll definitely be making sacrifices.

Obviously when you're talking FPS you also need to consider your RAM and processor. You'll need at least 8GB and probably the equivalent of a Core I7 or that gaming optimised Core I5.
Mongerty wrote:
Hello guys

Remember, this game is going to be playable on an Xbox One. You will most certainly be able to get 60fps on most semi-modern builds, but it may come with some sacrifices.

I don't think your graphics card will be an issue, but you may have to dial back some settings to get consistent performance. It is all just speculation until they make a real announcement.
And by dial back these guys are meaning “not having your settings set to ultra and still having a really good looking game”. You can play any game with a 2060. Play with your settings until you get stable 60fps. Start at medium settings and work up from there until the game starts getting laggy, regardless of what game you’re playing.
Turn on DLSS (in games that have it) and you’ll have even better frames.
If you care about ray-tracing, turn it on. If not then get even more frames.

There’s nothing to worry about with a 2060. You’re not going to be playing at ultra-super-max-particle-mode but you’re still going to have a fantastic looking game.
Mongerty wrote:
Hello guys

And by dial back these guys are meaning “not having your settings set to ultra and still having a really good looking game”. You can play any game with a 2060. Play with your settings until you get stable 60fps. Start at medium settings and work up from there until the game starts getting laggy, regardless of what game you’re playing.

There’s nothing to worry about with a 2060. You’re not going to be playing at ultra-super-max-particle-mode but you’re still going to have a fantastic looking game.
Oh yeah, it will definitely be playable at a high level. I was also more concerned with not knowing the rest of the specs of the laptop before I say 100% something will run flawlessly.
Mongerty wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
Hello guys

Oh yeah, it will definitely be playable at a high level. I was also more concerned with not knowing the rest of the specs of the laptop before I say 100% something will run flawlessly.
Fair enough, GPU is useless if it’s the only good part.

I think my comment came out as criticism as opposed to enthusiasm, my bad if it did.
First, official specs aren't out so nobody in the communtiy knows for sure.

Second, it doesn't matter. GPU prices are so insanely high now that you're not gonna afford one, and availability is so ridiculously low that you're not gonna snatch one even if you have the money.

All we PC players can do for now is just be patient about official reveals and wait for the shortage to end.
Well I have a 3090 so I'm positive I'll be fine. If I was a guessing man I'd probably recommend at least a 3060.
no idea I said to hell with waiting and got a MSI RTX 3070 this is probably overkill for Halo infinite though.