people still mad at armor design?

OP Warmaster987609

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
after all the positive feedback I was seeing from people about the new armor, as soon as I go onto halowaypoint forums, there are people having problems with the 117 on the chest and lighting. c'mon seriously this is one of(if not the coolest) armors ever, heck even hiddenxperia liked it! what do you guys think of the new armor design and the negativity its getting?
I think 343 gave us exactly what most of us were asking for. At least what I was asking for lol. It's got some of the new with a lot of the old. The 117 on the front of his armor was my favorite part actually.
I think 343 gave us exactly what most of us were asking for. At least what I was asking for lol. It's got some of the new with a lot of the old. The 117 on the front of his armor was my favorite part actually.
I agree with you, I feel bad for them still getting negativity after they tried to give us the best design
Honestly, I liked it. I don’t mind the 117 and can live with or without it. I think my biggest (and only) problem was the shade of green. It’s just a little too bright. Luckily, that can be easily changed, and I love everything else about it.
People are always going to find something to complain about. I really like the armor design! It reminds me of the Halo Legends Master Chief design.
Remember they said they want this to also introduce new fans into the franchise, so the 117 on his armor makes sense.
I personally like it.
I was sorta shocked there were as many complaints as I saw cause like you I think this is easily the best looking armor he's ever had!
And the numbers aren't an eyesore whatsoever for me!
Honestly, the armor design looks beautiful. Only concern is that the setting graphics looked too cartoonish
I want a dollar for every person that complains the armor looks cartoonish cartoonish with a Halo 4 or 5 profile picture.
I want a dollar for every person that complains the armor looks cartoonish cartoonish with a Halo 4 or 5 profile picture.
count me in on that one lol
People are always going to find something to complain about. I really like the armor design! It reminds me of the Halo Legends Master Chief design.
It is the halo legends armor but it's really beefy and it has a few aspects of 2 and 3
Sure the complaints will disappear after a while. I don't think it's as bad as some are claiming it to be. I didn't see anything bad about it so was confused when I saw some complaining about it.
I absolutely adore the new design. I think it's perfect.
Halo fan since CE debuted, and I've played every game religiously, and I could not be happier with this armor design and the entire aesthetic/tonal shift 343 has taken. Halo looks and sounds like Halo again (at least according to Infinite's two trailers), and that's exactly what diehard fans have been clamoring for. Remains to be seen how this "spiritual reboot" perspective will inform gameplay (i.e. will they actually remove sprint, clamber, charge, etc?), but, ultimately, that's less important to me than nailing the tone and soul of Halo. Gameplay has always changed game-to-game and I'm happy to adjust - but messing with the soul of Halo isn't something you can adjust to easily.

It feels like a resurrection that has, for the most part, given the majority of fans the boost they need. There's a real chance for Halo to return to form, carve out a unique space in the gaming landscape and even bring in new players who will never know all the weird and frustrating transformations the series has undergone since the end of Halo 3. In a way I envy them! But yea, armor looks great - it's unfortunate for some that they're let down by it, but longtime fans like myself have been let down by the direction of 4/5 so it feels like our time to be happy. So let's enjoy!
i've heard that this design is heavily based of the halo legends design
That doesn't shock me.
The armor looks great and almost everyone I've talked to outside of this place agrees, but there will always be people who disagree with the majority.

If small gripes about the armor are the biggest talking points after that trailer, then I think 343 did a good job with it.
I think the armour is a massive upgrade and a great blend of halo legends and halo 3s armour, my only gripe is something being off to me with how the arms are scaled with the back plate of the armour. The arms seem too small compared to the torso piece. See this image:
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_medium/1593/15930215/3544989-haloinfinite_01.jpg

Really love the style though, he looks like he could punch through a wall.
I actually really like it and this is coming from someone who prefers The Halo 4/5 Chief to the Halo 2/3 chief.
Different people like different things. Better get used to it if you're planning to spend more time on the internet. Personally, it doesn't evoke any strong emotional response in me one way or the other. It's adequate, which is a welcome change.
It looks great in my opinion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7