OP Warmaster987609

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
I would’ve liked to see more of his H4/H5 armor in the new one. It’s good, but it is also by the looks of it an amalgamation of armor that came before...but not enough from H4/H5.
his visor broke in h5, so I knew it was gonna change. He looks better in his old armor than h4/5
I would’ve liked to see more of his H4/H5 armor in the new one. It’s good, but it is also by the looks of it an amalgamation of armor that came before...but not enough from H4/H5.
Out of curiosity, what from the Halo4/5 armor did you want to see carry over into this design?
Oh my lord, the armor is beyond beautiful and perfect. Typically there are few things I would change but for this armor and what Sparth and his team have done? There isn't a single thing I would change about this armor. Not the color, not the design, and especially not the beautiful 117 on his chest. It's an amazing call back to the Mark IV armor in Halo Legends.
IDC what anyone says the new design just made Halo 2 Aniversary design look like a good old YOINK if you no what im saying, and bonus he looks buffer in my opinion, anyway those where my opinions and at the end of the day everyone has there own opinion. (BONUS) 343 are heading to the correct direction. Thanks 343 for the new Hope.
AMA4N wrote:
Honestly, the armor design looks beautiful. Only concern is that the setting graphics looked too cartoonish
Can you explain what looks cartoon to you? It's the best looking Halo game I've ever seen considering it's all rendered in-engine.
Oh my lord, the armor is beyond beautiful and perfect. Typically there are few things I would change but for this armor and what Sparth and his team have done? There isn't a single thing I would change about this armor. Not the color, not the design, and especially not the beautiful 117 on his chest. It's an amazing call back to the Mark IV armor in Halo Legends.
I agree bro, i understand why people dont like it but my opinion is that the Halo Legends design is my favourite and no one can change that.
AMA4N wrote:
Honestly, the armor design looks beautiful. Only concern is that the setting graphics looked too cartoonish
Can you explain what looks cartoon to you? It's the best looking Halo game I've ever seen considering it's all rendered in-engine.
I mean its a mix of H5 and H2A, by that i mean its not to worn and not to polished
i realy like the new design, but i think the chest/backplate is a little to wide and the thigh armor reaches to far up. i think the undersuit could take some more halo 4/5 inspirations, but this is not pressing in any way. the color could use a little less blue in its mixture and the shield emitter lights are missing. Everything else is top notch.
I think the armour is awesome but it's not surprising seeing negativity. You can't please everyone. Halo has two very distinct groups, classic fans and modern fans and then there's some in between. No matter what they do, they're gonna piss off one group, Chief's glorious armour is no exception.
AMA4N wrote:
well, chief looks aweomse, when we see chief renegating his health where that sound was awesome, the objects and the setting looked a bit cartoon and plastic, but it was an engine so I think it'll be fine
Out of curiosity, what from the Halo4/5 armor did you want to see carry over into this design?
I think the etchings on the visor would be nice. Maybe the shoulders.
I dont think he's ever looked better. I think its a call back to Halo CE. Cheif had a more bulky silhouette in that game which i think fits him perfectly. It gives him a very commanding and intimidating presence, which is how Spartan IIs should be portrayed in my humble opinion.
I think the new armor kinda shows off how much of a "Tank" Master Chief really is. When the pelican pilot releases him off of the lift and it makes the whole ship shake, just from dropping 2 inches from the ground, it really sends the message to the people that this is not just any ordinary guy in a suit of armor. It shows that this man is a legend. Plus I love how they decided to lean towards the "Forward Unto Dawn" armor style.
I'm only really bothered by the shoulder pads because they stick out too far. They look like foam blocks strapped to his shoulders. Like cosplay that screwed up the proportions on accident, but decided to go with it anyway. The armor could be a slightly darker shade of green, and could be ever so slightly more reflective. (But the idea is that it's matte paint designed to not be reflective). I'm maybe 5% bothered by the "117" on his chest, but only because it's never been done in one of the games before.

I think everything else is pretty much perfect, and it might be my favorite after the Spartan armor in Halo Wars, and ODST's in ODST.
I'd prefer Chief's new armor to look more "metallic", like the H2A and Wars 2 armors, but it's still far better than the H4/H5 look. The new armor looks like a combination of the mark VI and anime mark IV armors and strikes just the right balance between simple and complex. Personally, I think nothing beats mark V, but Infinite's armor is very well done.
Let me preface this and say, before people start ragging on for my opinion, I've been along time Halo fan!! It was the first game I purchased on the original Xbox. Hell, I still have my original copy!! I even have an original copy of The Fall of Reach novel!!! I've loved Halo since the beginning! Kinda changed my life in a way.
With that said, I absolutely love the Halo 4-5 art design. I love that the Chief felt like he had a weighted, tanky feel about him-But at the same time, agile and functional. His armor allowed for full range of motion, but still had its distinctive Chief look. I loved that the armor plates resembled a tank, and that they attached to the under suit, rather than being apart of it- or seeming to be apart of it.
The older armor, while fine for the times, seems to encumber the wearer to much. It looks more restrictive than it does flexible. The older designs looked to boxy, to much like the Zords from Power Rangers; the arms came out of holes in the torso portion for christ's sake!
This newer, redesigned art direction and armor has its call backs to "ye olden tymes". Bulky, yes. Tanky, yes. But still somewhat restrictive-at least what's been shown in the trailer. It does resemble the H2-3 armor quite a bit. However, that damn space diaper had to make a return. That hideous cod-piece that resembles those toddler swing-set chairs, than it does functional, high tech powered armor.

I liked the H2A Mk VI armor; still very much H4 looking, but also highly resembling the armor of yesteryear. Form and function all in one package. I just hope they donr totally revert back to "original armor" and art direction. To me, it feels too much like fan service, for the sake of a very vocal audience. I would rather see a blend of H2A, and Halo 5. Slick and streamlined, yet chunky and bulky when needed.
Im indifferent to the new look as a whole. It's not offensive, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get it. I just worry that a return to originality will dull the expirience, and hope and pray it doesn't.
On the plus side, I did enjoy seeing a return of the MA37! And the unnamed pilot's flight suit was pretty badass looking!
Please, oh please just dont touch my GEN 2 Hunter armor!!! Leave it alone!! I love that fighter-jet on legs look it had. Very sleek, and smooth! I wanna be able to rock that suit in MP!!! I'd settle for the current H5 model, but I'd love to even have the same prototype tech suit Locke used in the campaign. I loved glowing lines, and the semi- shiny armor look! Leave it, in its entirety, and let me have it in multiplayer.
after all the positive feedback I was seeing from people about the new armor, as soon as I go onto halowaypoint forums, there are people having problems with the 117 on the chest and lighting. c'mon seriously this is one of(if not the coolest) armors ever, heck even hiddenxperia liked it! what do you guys think of the new armor design and the negativity its getting?
The New armor is similar to Halo 3 but is Better!
Let me preface this and say, before people start ragging on for my opinion, I've been along time Halo fan!! It was the first game I purchased on the original Xbox. Hell, I still have my original copy!! I even have an original copy of The Fall of Reach novel!!! I've loved Halo since the beginning! Kinda changed my life in a way.
With that said, I absolutely love the Halo 4-5 art design. I love that the Chief felt like he had a weighted, tanky feel about him-But at the same time, agile and functional. His armor allowed for full range of motion, but still had its distinctive Chief look. I loved that the armor plates resembled a tank, and that they attached to the under suit, rather than being apart of it- or seeming to be apart of it.
The older armor, while fine for the times, seems to encumber the wearer to much. It looks more restrictive than it does flexible. The older designs looked to boxy, to much like the Zords from Power Rangers; the arms came out of holes in the torso portion for christ's sake!
This newer, redesigned art direction and armor has its call backs to "ye olden tymes". Bulky, yes. Tanky, yes. But still somewhat restrictive-at least what's been shown in the trailer. It does resemble the H2-3 armor quite a bit. However, that damn space diaper had to make a return. That hideous cod-piece that resembles those toddler swing-set chairs, than it does functional, high tech powered armor.

I liked the H2A Mk VI armor; still very much H4 looking, but also highly resembling the armor of yesteryear. Form and function all in one package. I just hope they donr totally revert back to "original armor" and art direction. To me, it feels too much like fan service, for the sake of a very vocal audience. I would rather see a blend of H2A, and Halo 5. Slick and streamlined, yet chunky and bulky when needed.
Im indifferent to the new look as a whole. It's not offensive, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get it. I just worry that a return to originality will dull the expirience, and hope and pray it doesn't.
On the plus side, I did enjoy seeing a return of the MA37! And the unnamed pilot's flight suit was pretty badass looking!
Please, oh please just dont touch my GEN 2 Hunter armor!!! Leave it alone!! I love that fighter-jet on legs look it had. Very sleek, and smooth! I wanna be able to rock that suit in MP!!! I'd settle for the current H5 model, but I'd love to even have the same prototype tech suit Locke used in the campaign. I loved glowing lines, and the semi- shiny armor look! Leave it, in its entirety, and let me have it in multiplayer.
Though I respect your opinion and feel you're entitled to it, It is indeed a fan-service. And I'm well aware of the two fan-bases who adore each style; classic and H4/5. But us fans of the series (some of us who like the old style), have hoped and prayed for a classic looking Chief, a chief we an relate to from our childhood. I think this new armor is a perfect mixture of the old and new. Bulky, very high technical like the old CE armor; yet very tank looking like the new generation armor. I feel people will get used to this armor though, because unlike the old armors this one has receive a mere percentage a small percentage at that of the hate that the MK2 armors did. But do understand there was a big community who begged for this art-style change, and I feel 343i has quenched our thirst for this. But we're subject to change, we are more then a year away from launch! Let's pray we all can find some happiness about Infinite because it is a game made for all of us; the fans. It should be the prime Halo game!
Invy Clapz wrote:

Though I respect your opinion and feel you're entitled to it, It is indeed a fan-service. And I'm well aware of the two fan-bases who adore each style; classic and H4/5. But us fans of the series (some of us who like the old style), have hoped and prayed for a classic looking Chief, a chief we an relate to from our childhood. I think this new armor is a perfect mixture of the old and new. Bulky, very high technical like the old CE armor; yet very tank looking like the new generation armor. I feel people will get used to this armor though, because unlike the old armors this one has receive a mere percentage a small percentage at that of the hate that the MK2 armors did. But do understand there was a big community who begged for this art-style change, and I feel 343i has quenched our thirst for this. But we're subject to change, we are more then a year away from launch! Let's pray we all can find some happiness about Infinite because it is a game made for all of us; the fans. It should be the prime Halo game!
Yeah, I agree, we're still well over a year away, and yes the new look might grow on me , and those who have similar opinions.
I just dont want it to be fan service, for the sake of fan service, with little to no substance. I hope that the new look, doesn't bring with it a lazy approach to the game's development. Like, "they're gonna like this cuz it's just like Halo 3!"
I have faith that it wont, but its just a small amount worry. I totally get where you're coming from. Halo 4 and 5 were departures from what many expected from Halo, in regards to style. But expectations are a double edged sword. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the respectful reply and addition
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7