1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
Fantastic look...bit of a tip of the hat to the armor color from Halo CE.

And realistically, if we are playing as Chief, then we won't see the armor all that regularly? The HUD will be important though, surely!
i made a few color changes,increased the space between the plates for mobility and elongated the arms.
people were unsure because of this uncanny valley of near perfection.

i also made a version (bad phone edit) with the h4 undersuit, to create a bigger continuity between gen2 and gen3.

with undersuit:
https://ibb.co/B6B5F4L

without undersuit (and fewer color changes):
https://ibb.co/pjYPMkG
Echo p q wrote:
i made a few color changes,increased the space between the plates for mobility and elongated the arms.
people were unsure because of this uncanny valley of near perfection.

i also made a version (bad phone edit) with the h4 undersuit, to create a bigger continuity between gen2 and gen3.

with undersuit:
https://ibb.co/B6B5F4Lwithout undersuit (and fewer color changes):
https://ibb.co/pjYPMkG
fixed proportions:
https://ibb.co/ygB3F0T
I actually really like it. I think it will be awesome especially in gameplay.

I just wonder about the shield emitters...
343 is a really supportive step mom and the fan base is their angsty son. They cry about everything and hate you even though you're trying your hardest. 343 really dosen't deserve any of this abuse the new armour looks leagues above any armour ever seen before
I just want it to be a darker shade of green.
343 is a really supportive step mom and the fan base is their angsty son. They cry about everything and hate you even though you're trying your hardest. 343 really dosen't deserve any of this abuse the new armour looks leagues above any armour ever seen before
After Halo 5 they deserved everything they got. It ultimately ruined the sales of Xbox One.
I loved the new armor. Personally I liked when we got a whole new armor in H4 & H5, made Halo a little fresh. Lorewise I didn’t like it but the nanobot cortana custom building theory thing kinda went on me.
Personally I love the HCE armor and second is H3. This new armor looks really good in my opinion and I’m really happy we are getting closer to the real halo experience.
And they said lime green was too much....

I dont understand those who have a go at the color itself, because its pretty much the same shade as the Halo 2 versions color.
The armor design itself, i think it is amazing to see the perfect culmination between 2,3, forward unto dawn, legends and what they learned from 4 and 5.
IGX05 wrote:
After Halo 5 they deserved everything they got. It ultimately ruined the sales of Xbox One.
Halo 5 is defiantly something they messed up on. I'm more talking about halo infinite, some people really aren't giving them a chance and it's really childish.
sniper945 wrote:

shield emitters?
Yeah, you fewer retro guys asking for, just watch Halo dying in all these classic/retro bullish!t requests. Do you 343 want to attract new audiences for the future, or keep those Halo 1/2 players that don’t play halo anymore?
Let me preface this and say, before people start ragging on for my opinion, I've been along time Halo fan!! It was the first game I purchased on the original Xbox. Hell, I still have my original copy!! I even have an original copy of The Fall of Reach novel!!! I've loved Halo since the beginning! Kinda changed my life in a way.
With that said, I absolutely love the Halo 4-5 art design. I love that the Chief felt like he had a weighted, tanky feel about him-But at the same time, agile and functional. His armor allowed for full range of motion, but still had its distinctive Chief look. I loved that the armor plates resembled a tank, and that they attached to the under suit, rather than being apart of it- or seeming to be apart of it.
The older armor, while fine for the times, seems to encumber the wearer to much. It looks more restrictive than it does flexible. The older designs looked to boxy, to much like the Zords from Power Rangers; the arms came out of holes in the torso portion for christ's sake!
This newer, redesigned art direction and armor has its call backs to "ye olden tymes". Bulky, yes. Tanky, yes. But still somewhat restrictive-at least what's been shown in the trailer. It does resemble the H2-3 armor quite a bit. However, that damn space diaper had to make a return. That hideous cod-piece that resembles those toddler swing-set chairs, than it does functional, high tech powered armor.

I liked the H2A Mk VI armor; still very much H4 looking, but also highly resembling the armor of yesteryear. Form and function all in one package. I just hope they donr totally revert back to "original armor" and art direction. To me, it feels too much like fan service, for the sake of a very vocal audience. I would rather see a blend of H2A, and Halo 5. Slick and streamlined, yet chunky and bulky when needed.
Im indifferent to the new look as a whole. It's not offensive, but I wouldnt go out of my way to get it. I just worry that a return to originality will dull the expirience, and hope and pray it doesn't.
On the plus side, I did enjoy seeing a return of the MA37! And the unnamed pilot's flight suit was pretty badass looking!
Please, oh please just dont touch my GEN 2 Hunter armor!!! Leave it alone!! I love that fighter-jet on legs look it had. Very sleek, and smooth! I wanna be able to rock that suit in MP!!! I'd settle for the current H5 model, but I'd love to even have the same prototype tech suit Locke used in the campaign. I loved glowing lines, and the semi- shiny armor look! Leave it, in its entirety, and let me have it in multiplayer.
Nobody is going to agree with you on this one
jemscarter wrote:
Honestly, I liked it. I don’t mind the 117 and can live with or without it. I think my biggest (and only) problem was the shade of green. It’s just a little too bright. Luckily, that can be easily changed, and I love everything else about it.
This exactly. I would go with the same green used in halo 3
sniper945 wrote:

shield emitters?
On every armour spartans have worn there are always little lights lining parts of it. Those are the things that emit the energy shielding.

This armour dosen't have any on it as far as we could see.
Who’s -Yoinking!-? It looks like the Halo Legends Chief which I personally liked. This should have been the armor for Halo 4 & 5.
I'm surprised that I actually like that they modelled it after the Halo Legends armor 👀 I'm happy they ain't give us something else.
They said it was gonna be a mix of both. Sadly it wasn't. Imo they should've kept the halo 4/5 butt plate over the "diaper". Ya know where the butt plate doesn't connect around the hips to the groin plate. Right now just not liking it. Basically they should've done

Helmet: halo 3 or halo 5 (both look good)
Torso: halo 3 (halo5 had too many parts exposed)
Legs: either or
Butt and Groin: halo 5 (better than the diaper look)
Arms and shoulders: mix of both
The 117 is cheesy get rid of it or make it cooler looking.
I think that the vast majority of people are very happy with the change, myself included. The classic Halo art style has stood the test of time for a reason, and the newer elements work very well when they are used appropriately.
IGX05 wrote:
No it did not. Halo 5 is not to blame for the poor sales of Xbox One. It was a weaker console than PS4, it forced Kinect on you as there was no version without it, PS4 was cheaper and had a ton more exclusives, I could go on. I'm not mad at the armour design though, I do question the E3 trailer, and I never believe what I see at E3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7