3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
IGX05 wrote:
343 is a really supportive step mom and the fan base is their angsty son. They cry about everything and hate you even though you're trying your hardest. 343 really dosen't deserve any of this abuse the new armour looks leagues above any armour ever seen before
After Halo 5 they deserved everything they got. It ultimately ruined the sales of Xbox One.
Halo 5 is defiantly something they messed up on. I'm more talking about halo infinite, some people really aren't giving them a chance and it's really childish.
No it's not childish, it's caution. Halo 4 had a good enough story and poor multiplayer imo. Halo 5 was ruined with it's bare bones launch and invasive rng reqs, Halo MCC was unplayable out of the box. It's a lack of trust, not being childish, some of us are ok with changes, others are not. As things stand, I'm not buying Halo Infinite for many reasons, including the fact that E3 did not appeal to me, the armour design is not an issue but the colour is terrible imo. I'm being cautious.

Edit, quotes messed up, sorry mods🤷‍♂️
eviltedi wrote:
IGX05 wrote:
343 is a really supportive step mom and the fan base is their angsty son. They cry about everything and hate you even though you're trying your hardest. 343 really dosen't deserve any of this abuse the new armour looks leagues above any armour ever seen before
After Halo 5 they deserved everything they got. It ultimately ruined the sales of Xbox One.
No it did not. Halo 5 is not to blame for the poor sales of Xbox One. It was a weaker console than PS4, it forced Kinect on you as there was no version without it, PS4 was cheaper and had a ton more exclusives, I could go on. I'm not mad at the armour design though, I do question the E3 trailer, and I never believe what I see at E3.
Like it or not its a system seller. Many people would have brought both consoles. The original Xbox One could have been more powerful (its Microsoft, come on) but they restrict technology to mass market the consoles at a lower price before releasing a better version to make more money. But without Halo and most third party titles also on PlayStation its obvious why it didn't sell as well as it should have done.
His arms are short and stubby.Plus that shade of green is terrible.
It's not too shabby,but Chief's 4/5 armors are still the best imo.
People may not like it, but for one thing it looks miles better then 4/5's armor design, IMO atleast :P
"Even HiddenXperia like it," may not be the ironclad argument in favor of the design being universally awesome. He's great, but he's not been overly critical of 343i ever since they've been so much more tied in with the Halo YT community. I don't intend that as an outright criticism of him or 343i, but I hope you'll concede the possibility that he and other Halo YouTubers are a bit more inclined to give 343i's designs and decisions a bit more of a benefit of the doubt than are common Halo fans.

I think the thing that's got a lot of fans frustrated with the armor is that last year's Infinite reveal showed us a much more directly reminiscent MkVI design. Admittedly, it didn't show us much of the armor- but, what it did show was extremely similar to the MkVI seen in Halo 2 and 3 in particular.

This year, the armor demonstrates more visual influences than simply Hal 2 and 3. As everyone has pointed out, it's a lot more of a modge-podge of the MkVI, "The Package," and a bit of the FUD style. I think that it's very fair to say that none of the latter influences are as universally beloved and well regarded as is the Halo 2-3 homage. That's not to say that the design is bad- it still caries a strong resemblance to the MkVI. That resemblence is diluted from what was on display last year, is all.

With everyone having heaped so much praise on what was evidently so directly a visual callback to the Halo 2/3 MkVI as the glorious return to the prime Halo art style, it's understandable why taking a step away from that may draw some criticism.
after all the positive feedback I was seeing from people about the new armor, as soon as I go onto halowaypoint forums, there are people having problems with the 117 on the chest and lighting. c'mon seriously this is one of(if not the coolest) armors ever, heck even hiddenxperia liked it! what do you guys think of the new armor design and the negativity its getting?
I like how it all looks like tough armour, like Mjolnir does in Halo Wars, as opposed to some tight fitting body suit like H4/5. I think he could be a smidge larger, didn't look overly impressive compared to the Human. Hate the ''117'', looks corny and feels like 343 aren't crediting people with intelligence enough to know/remember who he is 'I KANT WEMEMBA DA DUDE I PLAYZING NAME AGIN, OH WAID A MINID, HE WUN-WUN-SEBEN, I SEE IZ ON BREZT PLATE, HURR-DURR'.
Hopefully that ''117'' is just for the trailer.

I enjoyed it in the books when nobody bar people like Halsey could accurately tell Spartans apart on sight, it also helped with the 'Spartans never die' thing - not so easy to do when you can clearly tell Spartans apart (I get we are past that in the timeline; but I can still imagine that mystique and mythology still holds sway in the back of peoples minds).
IGX05 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
IGX05 wrote:
No it did not. Halo 5 is not to blame for the poor sales of Xbox One. It was a weaker console than PS4, it forced Kinect on you as there was no version without it, PS4 was cheaper and had a ton more exclusives, I could go on. I'm not mad at the armour design though, I do question the E3 trailer, and I never believe what I see at E3.
Like it or not its a system seller. Many people would have brought both consoles. The original Xbox One could have been more powerful (its Microsoft, come on) but they restrict technology to mass market the consoles at a lower price before releasing a better version to make more money. But without Halo and most third party titles also on PlayStation its obvious why it didn't sell as well as it should have done.
Halo used to be a console seller, and I doubt it would have helped at launch of the Xbox One, I already said why Xbox One bombed. Microsoft didn't restrict technology on the Original Xbox One, they didn't know their demographic, they thought their gamers wanted an entertainment system to stream tv, they put everything into Kinect, tv, drm and always online.

It backfired big time. Maybe Halo Infinite will be that console seller again, time will tell, but Halo 5 and 343i are not to blame for the poor launch of Xbox One. On topic, I'm not mad at the armour design, but I do question the E3 trailer, I never believe what we see at E3, there are countless times we've been misled. I simply don't trust many developers anymore, maybe 343i can change that.
after all the positive feedback I was seeing from people about the new armor, as soon as I go onto halowaypoint forums, there are people having problems with the 117 on the chest and lighting. c'mon seriously this is one of(if not the coolest) armors ever, heck even hiddenxperia liked it! what do you guys think of the new armor design and the negativity its getting?
I like how it all looks like tough armour, like Mjolnir does in Halo Wars, as opposed to some tight fitting body suit like H4/5. I think he could be a smidge larger, didn't look overly impressive compared to the Human.
What? He looked like a giant compared to the pilot, how huge do you want him? It sent the message across, he's physically bigger and taller than ordinary humans.

Quote:
Hate the ''117'', looks corny and feels like 343 aren't crediting people with intelligence enough to know/remember who he is 'I KANT WEMEMBA DA DUDE I PLAYZING NAME AGIN, OH WAID A MINID, HE WUN-WUN-SEBEN, I SEE IZ ON BREZT PLATE, HURR-DURR'.
Obviously thats not why they put it there, because you can easily tell which character you're playing, considering every other character in the game is bound to say his name at least two hundred times. The "117" is purely stylistic and has been there before, namely in Halo Legends and Forward Unto Dawn. Let them have their fun. Not every single difference they've made has to be ironed out or squashed.
343i did a fan service. I personally have no strong opinion on the design of the armor, I like the old armors as much as the newer armors. I'm glad people are happy with the Halo Infinite design, but I do have a strong opinion on the fact that mixing diferent designs is generally a bad artistic choiche, which often results in unoriginal and confusing design. It's also bad that they listen to fans that much, because fans don't always know what they want and they usually are not expert designers nor artists by profession.
I want a dollar for every person that complains the armor looks cartoonish cartoonish with a Halo 4 or 5 profile picture.
Halo Infinite's armor looks more carttony than H4 and H5's armor. Halo 3, 2, 1, Wars and Halo Legends' armors, all look more cartoony than H4 and H5's armor. Case in point, Halo Legends has a cartoon version of Chief armor, it looks straight from H2/H3. H4/5's armors are the farthest away from the Halo Legends' cartoon armor.
I like how it all looks like tough armour, like Mjolnir does in Halo Wars, as opposed to some tight fitting body suit like H4/5. I think he could be a smidge larger, didn't look overly impressive compared to the Human.
What? He looked like a giant compared to the pilot, how huge do you want him? It sent the message across, he's physically bigger and taller than ordinary humans.

Quote:
Hate the ''117'', looks corny and feels like 343 aren't crediting people with intelligence enough to know/remember who he is 'I KANT WEMEMBA DA DUDE I PLAYZING NAME AGIN, OH WAID A MINID, HE WUN-WUN-SEBEN, I SEE IZ ON BREZT PLATE, HURR-DURR'.
Obviously thats not why they put it there, because you can easily tell which character you're playing, considering every other character in the game is bound to say his name at least two hundred times. The "117" is purely stylistic and has been there before, namely in Halo Legends and Forward Unto Dawn. Let them have their fun. Not every single difference they've made has to be ironed out or squashed.
He looked large yeah but coulda been bigger; maybe it was the CGI - maybe he didn't feel so 'solid' like a Halo Wars spartan due to the lighter colours and animation style, still has a slightly plastic 'feel' to the super light green parts.

It makes little sense for 117 to be there in universe, it was in those Legend's cartoons and FoD for the exact reason I outlined, they think people are stupid and have to make things blatant. Having the Spartans be somewhat uniform makes more sense, it can confuse the enemy on your exact numbers- ninja's practiced that in history. What if the MC and some Spartans got captured, a la Ghosts of Onyx: 'which one of you is Spartan one-one - oh it's you, the one with 117 emblazoned on his breast, we have no reason to keep the other alive now. [all dead before rescue]' 343 had their fun with Halo 5; and that turned out to be a piece of trash, I would much prefer 343 take this seriously and give the game; and true fans, the respect it deserves.
Pretty sure soldiers usually have a name tag with their name on it in both the real world and in Halo, so I don't see why Spartans would be any different in having their "Name" on the breastplate of their armour.

Personally, I'd prefer the smaller and more subtle version Noble Team had.
It makes little sense for 117 to be there in universe, it was in those Legend's cartoons and FoD for the exact reason I outlined, they think people are stupid and have to make things blatant. Having the Spartans be somewhat uniform makes more sense, it can confuse the enemy on your exact numbers- ninja's practiced that in history. What if the MC and some Spartans got captured, a la Ghosts of Onyx: 'which one of you is Spartan one-one - oh it's you, the one with 117 emblazoned on his breast, we have no reason to keep the other alive now. [all dead before rescue]'
Your capture example is a bit confusing. Why would the enemy care about singling out a single Spartan? Apart from Master Chief being a well known Spartan, there's nothing really separating the Spartans in terms of what valuable information they might hold. There's no obvious value the enemy gains from being able to distinguish the Spartans from each other.

The only issue I might see with numbering the Spartans is the German tank problem. Based on Spartans seen in combat, the enemy would be able to estimate the total number of Spartans there are. However, since Spartans are a small infantry special force in a war mostly dependent on naval power, how many of them there are might not actually be all that relevant to the enemy. In turn, hiding the number of Spartans might not be a relevant concern to the UNSC.

343 had their fun with Halo 5; and that turned out to be a piece of trash, I would much prefer 343 take this seriously and give the game; and true fans, the respect it deserves.
You mean give you what you demand? Because last I checked, the game is just an inanimate object, we're all fans here, and 117 is just a number. This has hardly anything to do with respect, and all to do with arbitrary personal preferences.
Hidden Xperia is not a guru that we say amem to everything he says.
I prefer the Halo 4 armor, for me it looks cooler and less cartoony than the new one, which is fine I just think the color is too bright and make it look cartoony and plastic just like the Halo 5 armor, nothing major here.
This community is too big and it is normal to have people with different opinions on every aspect of the game.
This days at least, it's impossible to please everyone. Also the AR. I constantly see people saying that Reach has the best art style, and when they bring the AR from that exact game, everyone gets mad...? I loved how everything looked in the trailer, it's impressive and 343 should carry on
tsassi wrote:
The only issue I might see with numbering the Spartans is the German tank problem. Based on Spartans seen in combat, the enemy would be able to estimate the total number of Spartans there are. However, since Spartans are a small infantry special force in a war mostly dependent on naval power, how many of them there are might not actually be all that relevant to the enemy. In turn, hiding the number of Spartans might not be a relevant concern to the UNSC.
I'm not sure if numbering them would be a problem in regards to figuring out how many there are, only a Spartan-2 or 3 would have those numbers and they're a minority. If anything, most Spartans would have their family name on the armour.

Post Human-Covenant War, at least. In the war, the Covenant probably didn't care; a Demon is a Demon.
A bit darker green and it’s perfect
The people who dislike the new armor are most likely kids who started out on Halo 4 or Halo 5. The armor looks great!
The people who dislike the new armor are most likely kids who started out on Halo 4 or Halo 5. The armor looks great!
It's different opinions that cannot be generalised by age alone, I know adults that started Halo with Halo 4. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm in my fifties and I'm not exactly keen on the armour and I really don't like the shade of green, it's not a game breaking issue to me though.
I see a lot of people complaining about the space diaper but:

A: I feel its much better than the completely unarmored void on a lot of Halo 5 armors.
B: Maybe not thinking of it as a diaper will help perception, its a codpiece.
C: There's been cutscenes of Spartans doing full summersaults in very bulky armor. (Heh, one of the shoulderpads is clipping a bit even in promotional material). The new armor isn't quite as intrusive and requires a bit less suspension of disbelief imo.

Now, the lime-green color I do wish was a bit darker and more worn out. But looking at Chief's armor, I'm actually excited to play as and customize my Spartan again for the first time in 9 years! Last time I enjoyed the aesthetics of my spartan was Reach (can't wait to see it on the MCC).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7