1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I think its a great addition. :)
I think it kinda signifies the relationship between Cortona and John.
To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if they opted a different approach as well.
AMA4N wrote:
Honestly, the armor design looks beautiful. Only concern is that the setting graphics looked too cartoonish
Yeah it felt just a tad too clean and new, other than that, I really liked the armour design
AMA4N wrote:
Honestly, the armor design looks beautiful. Only concern is that the setting graphics looked too cartoonish
Yeah it felt just a tad too clean and new, other than that, I really liked the armour design
But if they want to put more effort into the game than graphics, then that's good. H5 did graphics too much that we had no split screen.
People are always going to find something to complain about. I really like the armor design! It reminds me of the Halo Legends Master Chief design.
It doesn't just remind of the Legends armor it basically IS the Legends armor (with the exception of a few details ofc) which is awesome lol
AMA4N wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
But if they want to put more effort into the game than graphics, then that's good. H5 did graphics too much that we had no split screen.
Good point, but games like reach had a less clean armour design and still ran well in splitscreen, and that was on 360.
People are always going to find something to complain about. I really like the armor design! It reminds me of the Halo Legends Master Chief design.
This there will will always be some who do not like it. As for myself the armor looks cool, much better than 4 and 5 imo.
Love the armour but the 117 just looks so out of place
My only nitpick with the armor is the shade of green- but that's just a personal preference because my favorite version of John's armor is Halo 3. I love the sage shade from it, but it seems like they're going for more of a Halo 1-2 green, which I'm fine with.

The 117 on his chest is awesome, and I'm surprised people have an issue with it.

Also, people calling the graphics cartoony- wasn't CE, 2, and 3 looking "cartoony" part of Halo's charm? I love the vibrant colors from the first 3, and the simplicity of a lot of the designs. Sometimes simple is better.

For now, Halo 3 is still my favorite version of the Master Chief's armor, but this new armor looks like a contender for my new favorite, just gotta wait for the game to release to truly decide. Props to 343.
"Mad" is a little over-the-top...There's nothing wrong with fans not liking it, just as there isn't a problem with them loving it, hating it, or being indifferent about it.

Personally, I still don't like it, even after the amount of exposure I've had to it. It doesn't look right to me. Too bulky, too green, too...whatever. Too simple, maybe. I just don't seem to like it.
Terg500 wrote:
It doesn't just remind of the Legends armor it basically IS the Legends armor (with the exception of a few details ofc) which is awesome lol
Agreed! I really like the armor design. I can't help but wonder if that will be something that we will be able to customize in multiplayer?
tsassi wrote:
Level of quality can be objective when dealing with the same subject. If you get Mona Lisa quality pictures from an artist for years then all of a sudden you get stick figures, I think you can objectively say it isn't up to the same quality
That's your subjective view of quality speaking. I, for instance, don't regard realism as the ultimate measure of artistic quality. The truth is that stick figures are so orthogonal to the renessance style of Mona Lisa I don't even find it meaningful to compare their quality. You are, of course, free to compare them.

Old games ship with tons of content out the bat, H5 releases standard features over a period of months to try and cover up the fact they couldn't finish the game in time - that's fact, comparing apples to apples, not some strange subjective feeling I have, you can side by side compare.
Here you are comparing something concrete. But what you fail to realize is that how much getting a complete game at release affects ones judgement of the game's quality is solely a personal matter. Therein lies the subjectiveness.

Linking with my previous what advantage does it serve? I can point to flaws, I can't think of an advantage, the MC and SII's in general are practical, why is it there? We had no need before. It smacks of Spiderman 3, where they didn't think people would get when Peter Parker was being a naughty boy unless he had a fringe.

When I say true fans, [blah blah blah]
What you don't understand is that a fan is simply a person who likes something a lot. There are no other prerequisites.

I don't think asking for consistency and respect from a decade+ sci-fi property is unreasonable.
It's not, the problem is the way you choose to express yourself.
No, i wasn't making a sweeping statement about art, I was being specific to show objectiveness, if you have been getting a standard that runs across a genre for a decade and then you get something that doesn't fit that - in 343's case releasing a game with less content for what we paid for and adding grubby money leeching tactics that mean they don't add things like BTB without duress (I mean we can't have you playing with all our fun new weapons and vehicles for free can we?) then you can objectively look at what you had before and say it was better as a purchase/product. Change the scenario then, you buy a car from a company every few years and they always come with wheels, the company changes hands and they want you to enter a tombola to see if you win wheels for your car; but you have to keep entering because they clogged the system up with foul smelling air fresheners and fluffy dice - I think objectively one is worse than the other - again someone could love that and find it fun - that wouldn't invalidate a side by side comparison of bang for buck.

Granted a person can be satisfied with a slap in the face, however something can be objective and subjective at the same time. I will say genocide is objectively wrong, some would say it is subjectively fine, some sickos subjective like does not invalidate the objective view. As above it is a simple comparison, I paid X amount for game A and B within the same series, from the same publisher - game A has 20 features and everything in the game is open to me without another tariff, Game B has 7 features and it wants to charge me more money to unlock features or grind like I'm making coffee granules with two pebbles.

There are levels. I did some Kung-Fu back in the day, I wouldn't say me and Bruce Lee are the same; sure we are both, technically, martial artists; but there is a world of difference. Just because you say you are something doesn't mean you are it, or the purist version - a Vegan that has never tasted animal products can judge a Vegan that eats backyard eggs and honey. If you (royal you - not you) actively want or are okay with radically game changing (I think that's important) features like RNG and Microtransactions in something that has never had this in it for the decade+ time its been around, I think I can separate you as not a true fan, if you wish the actual downfall of the thing you say you are a fan of.

Well thank, what's the problem with how I have been expressing myself? I don't recall swearing/insulting anyone here (you intimated I was a jerk), is this not a forum for us to comment on? Should we only comment if we are willing to roll over and just take everything 343 does as Gospel? Genuinely if I have been disrespectful to someone specifically please let me know.
Funny thing but the armor design was not my biggest concern I had in the trailer. The things I didn't like about the trailer was everything before the MC and his armor was revealed.

But yeah this forum loves to dogpile on you if they think you are praising anything that seems to violate their definition of classic.
I want a dollar for every person that complains the armor looks cartoonish cartoonish with a Halo 4 or 5 profile picture.
If that´s the case you will be as rich as Bill Gates lol
after all the positive feedback I was seeing from people about the new armor, as soon as I go onto halowaypoint forums, there are people having problems with the 117 on the chest and lighting. c'mon seriously this is one of(if not the coolest) armors ever, heck even hiddenxperia liked it! what do you guys think of the new armor design and the negativity its getting?
Hidden Xperia is not a guru that we say amem to everything he says.
I prefer the Halo 4 armor, for me it looks cooler and less cartoony than the new one, which is fine I just think the color is too bright and make it look cartoony and plastic just like the Halo 5 armor, nothing major here.
This community is too big and it is normal to have people with different opinions on every aspect of the game.
He isn't a guru but he is one of the biggest critics of 343's art style that I know of, and to see him excited got me excited. I agree with you on the light green problem (but to be honest with you that can be fixed really quickly), and the fact that people will always have different opinions, but my point was that I was baffled by the amount of people who disliked it due to such small details.
Terg500 wrote:
Agreed! I really like the armor design. I can't help but wonder if that will be something that we will be able to customize in multiplayer?
I would very much like armor pieces from Halo Legends: The Package. That would be dope to have Fred's shoulders (which aren't much different from Infinite Chief's) since it has the daggers in them and maybe Chief, Kelly or Fred's helmets from there, too. Something about the armors from that short were just so cool. I own the Red Spartan Play Arts Kai figure of the Legends armor. I would love to recreate that in Infinite.
I think 343 gave us exactly what most of us were asking for. At least what I was asking for lol. It's got some of the new with a lot of the old. The 117 on the front of his armor was my favorite part actually.
I am conflicted about the 117. I wonder if it is explained anywhere. Will other Spartans have their numbers?
Is it the same suit he had in the Forward unto Dawn movie? It looks almost identical.
AMA4N wrote:
I think the harsh lighting in the pelican is partly to blame for how "clean" Chief looks- there's a couple moments later in the trailer, where you can see more of the realistic texturing and weathering to the armor (specifically the pauldrons). With how exceptionally good the materials otherwise look in the trailer (especially on the pilot's suit, and Chief's gloves), I'm not too worried about it. The tech demo trailer they showed last year also showed some really nice normal maps and parallax occlusion mapping, with a touch of washed out pastel colours - almost like watercolouring - that reminded me of Breath of the Wild a little bit.

As for the armor design - I actually liked the redesign of the armor in Halo 4 on it's own merits, though it was definitely a departure from the other games. I also like the look of the quasi-classic armor for Infinite. My only issue with the Halo 4 redesign, was their nonsense non-explanation for it. Likewise, I hope they explain the return to a more classic look in this game, in a way that doesn't involve O'Connor's famed "nanobots".
Terg500 wrote:
I would very much like armor pieces from Halo Legends: The Package. That would be dope to have Fred's shoulders (which aren't much different from Infinite Chief's) since it has the daggers in them and maybe Chief, Kelly or Fred's helmets from there, too. Something about the armors from that short were just so cool. I own the Red Spartan Play Arts Kai figure of the Legends armor. I would love to recreate that in Infinite.
It would be fantastic to have the options to do something like that. I'd love to see what kind of "Frankenstein" type armor combinations players would come up with.
I love it and I hope the 117 stays.
The only people complaining about this are people who don't realize that the 117 on MC's chest has actually appeared a bunch of times in Halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7