Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Permanent weapon skins

OP vicmanterr77

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey there

I think something really cool that halo infinite MP could do is take the system of weapon skins from gears of war 4, you know, like there are skins for every weapon not just the load out weapons, and that the skins you have set are set for all the weapons on the battlefield, it bothers me a little that I have this cool skin for my BR but if I get a BR from the battlefield it is just the regular one, I want to see my weapon skins always.

what do you guys think?
I think it’s a little neat to sometimes pick up another players skin and see what they are rocking. Especially cool for skins I don’t have like the HCS or 343 skins.
That is an excellent addition to the idea.
what if it just applied to the weapons already on the battlefield an not on our enemy’s or teammates weapons
Yeah a lot of games seem to be doing that and it would allow them to sell weapon skins to make additional revenue so I'm all for it.

Provided we can unlock a load of free skins ourselves too of course ;)
Hey there

I think something really cool that halo infinite MP could do is take the system of weapon skins from gears of war 4, you know, like there are skins for every weapon not just the load out weapons, and that the skins you have set are set for all the weapons on the battlefield, it bothers me a little that I have this cool skin for my BR but if I get a BR from the battlefield it is just the regular one, I want to see my weapon skins always.

what do you guys think?
Not a fan of weapon skins in halo
I agree while there’s a lot of in game unlockable weapon skins we are good to go
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it’s a little neat to sometimes pick up another players skin and see what they are rocking. Especially cool for skins I don’t have like the HCS or 343 skins.
OP is talking about weapon skins for weapons other than what you start with. In Gears of War 4, if I have a certain skin for a Boltok or Longshot, my equipped skin for that weapon will be branded to it for as long as it's in play.

It's personal preference, but to me this is a far superior system because it gives players more options and more variety. Like, it's a HUGE missed opportunity in Halo 5 to have skins for only certain weapons, but none for any power weapons.

Playing with the same old grey sniper rifle or green rocket launcher? Yawn. If it were up to me, I'd have my Pop Culture skins for every single weapon if I could.

But seeing as how this would be fun and interesting, I can only assume there is a wave of haters out there waiting to say that this stuff is not "canon" and would ruin their experience. Honestly, stuff like weapon skins are so incredibly harmless, I am amazed by how many people make such huge deals about them.
I see, my intial thoughts were that player chosen skins would override any previous skin when picked up.

Im all for more customization. Should they decide to bring back variant weapons it might get a little confusing, but I’d thoroughly enjoy a hotdog skin for my shotgun.
Hey there

what do you guys think?
I don't mind weapon skins, adds character.
Hey there

what do you guys think?
Pizza and fry weapon skins add character?
If they add weapon skins,they shouldn’t just be random meme skins or random skins in general - personally the weapon skins would have to be ‘canonical’ - in the sense that you could have multiple skins for a br , due to those skins being used by certain branches of the military eg , or different skins for covenant weapons due to different branches of the covenant - some cool skins could include weapon skins of the weapons the prophets used , or the arbiters’ weapons skins .
Please no skins.
jwdotz wrote:
Please no skins.
Hey,if you don’t mind could you tell why you don’t want/like weapon skins?- (this is a genuine question as I personally don’t see anything wrong with weapon skins)
I've wanted both these for a long time now
I'm all for different skins for non-loadout weapons, but perhaps instead of it being like what we have meme wise, it can be more militaristic with a touch of that Halo humor mixed in? I mean, skins like Fire Team Osiris, Blue Team, Noble Team, Red Team, things like that would be perfectly fine in my opinion. But having hotdogs, french fries, and pizza slices on everything might be a bit too goofy for some people's tastes.
I'm all for different skins for non-loadout weapons, but perhaps instead of it being like what we have meme wise, it can be more militaristic with a touch of that Halo humor mixed in? I mean, skins like Fire Team Osiris, Blue Team, Noble Team, Red Team, things like that would be perfectly fine in my opinion. But having hotdogs, french fries, and pizza slices on everything might be a bit too goofy for some people's tastes.
I second this - I’d rather gears keep the meme weapon skins and halo gets serious weapon skins .
That is an excellent addition to the idea.
what if it just applied to the weapons already on the battlefield an not on our enemy’s or teammates weapons
That's how most games with weapon skins and gun pickup work (CS:GO, Apex Legends, etc.).
Hey there

what do you guys think?
Heck yeah they do.
Hey there

what do you guys think?
Heck yeah they do.
To each their own I guess,I think there terrible personally
Hey there

what do you guys think?
Heck yeah they do.
To each their own I guess,I think there terrible personally
I agree. I just feel like they add a nice layer of...uniqueness, I suppose to everyone's weapon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2