Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Photo mode - screenshots and machinimas!

OP xDrummerWorldx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
A complete photo mode would be amazing in Halo Infinite.
The ability to adjust the saturation, luminosity, contrast, sharpness, blur, depth field, aperture, camera inclination, levelling zoom, effects etc. The community need better tools to take screenshots and to make machiminas!
Would be nice to have this in both campaign and an updated version of theatre. I spent a huge of my time in Horizon Zero Dawn, Forza Horizon 4 and Spider-Man in Picture mode, it would be awesome to see it in my favourite franchise.
The way from what you're saying we implement it with theater mode so that while using to browse any Campaign or MP files we can pause and use photo mode. I like the idea if that's what you mean.
Personnally it’s exactly what I mean.
In theater mode we already have an omniscient camera but tools are unfortunately missing. Effects are in the Forge menu (nice for building a map with a particular mood) but laborious for taking screenshots/clips. Also in old Halo games we were able to use several effects at the same time to optain very interesting rresults.

Created contents will be shared and will take part of the advertisment...
Approved, would be great!
Photo mode would be a natural evolution for Forge. It’s already incredible in H5 and this would serve to make it even better. Seeing as so many other big games have it, I think it’s safe to assume we’ll see it in Infinite.
Just theatre, but evolved. It s essential
For me a photo mode in a game is a must. I don't know why game developers didn't realize that. Let content creators use the tools the game provides to make awesome stuff.
Theatre is good, but it lacks a lot of resources I think would be great to se in Halo Infinite, specially because the slipspace engine looks gorgeous! Can't wait to explore that game.
Assuming Infinite follows suit with the MCC and adds HDR sliders, I don't really think it's necessary. Halo's environments are usually beautiful enough to capture without needing to crank up the saturation either, in my opinion.
Here's some features that I believe Halo Infinite's could benefit with having:
  • Theatre Mode enabled in Campaign
  • Very slow camera moving, zooming, and panning modes
  • Screenshots saved in-game which can be later uploaded to Xbox Captures with a 'Share' button
  • An in-game file browser for screenshots
  • The return of file browser features such as 'Most Downloaded', and 'Most Recommended' from Halo Reach
  • More freedom in Forge and Theatre; the ability to travel outside all the maps without the hassle with soft and hard kill barriers
343 could also:
  • Have a larger focus on the Halo Photography Community who are located on social media platforms like Reddit, Instagram, Deviantart etc
  • Put a Community Spotlight in-game, much like Bungie Favourites in order to reach a larger audience
  • Accept photographers as content creators onto the Grassroots programme
This would be great.
A good theatre for screenshot artists and machinima makers would be wonderful in a new halo.
As someone who has been heavily invested in the screenshot community of Halo, I absolutely agree with what Drummer, Ross and Shewolf are saying. Theater in every game mode would be amazing for both screenshots artists and machinima. Also launching forge would be nice too. I’m looking forward to this game and can’t wait to get some more Infinite news soon!
If we can get a new and enhanced theater, we as a community can make some pretty cool things such as machinimas and awesome looking pictures. No more downloading a pictures and putting them on either your phone or computer and photo shopping them... You can just do right then and there! GREAT IDEA!
Here's some features that I believe Halo Infinite's could benefit with having:
  • Theatre Mode enabled in Campaign
  • Very slow camera moving, zooming, and panning modes
  • Screenshots saved in-game which can be later uploaded to Xbox Captures with a 'Share' button
  • An in-game file browser for screenshots
  • The return of file browser features such as 'Most Downloaded', and 'Most Recommended' from Halo Reach
  • More freedom in Forge and Theatre; the ability to travel outside all the maps without the hassle with soft and hard kill barriers
343 could also:
  • Have a larger focus on the Halo Photography Community who are located on social media platforms like Reddit, Instagram, Deviantart etc
  • Put a Community Spotlight in-game, much like Bungie Favourites in order to reach a larger audience
  • Accept photographers as content creators onto the Grassroots programme
That would be awesome!!!
It would definitely make sense to have it. Especially if halo infinite is open world, a lot of games would make sense for that to be a feature as it would add to the experience or the environments surrounding the chief.
A complete photo mode would be amazing in Halo Infinite.The possibility to adjust the saturation, luminosity, contrast, sharpness, blur, depth field, camera inclination, levelling zoom, effects etc. The community need better tools to take screenshots and to make machiminas!
That would be an interesting addition. Ghost recon wildlands has a decent photo mode and I'm enjoying it a great deal.
Hey guys.
I know most Halo fans haven't had much interest in the CoD series and neither have I, but in 'CoD Blops 2' I decided to check out the Multiplayer Theater Mode...
and oh boi.

They have a camera path tool that lets you create really cool automatic camera panning paths for either your Montage or Machinima.
You could also control the path's smoothing depending on if you wanted a sharp or wide curve.

Now,
I know developing things like this is hard and not everything the community asks for will be added like magic ¶, but it was a fantastic feature that I don't see anywhere else and would probably appease these photo-people and make montages just that little bit cooler.

I know you can set paths on cameras in Forge, but they are very basic and could use some upgrading. The OP's aforementioned ideas of Forza camera options would be great to apply to ingame filters as well as cameras and 'Photo Mode'.

¶ : I'm trying to make a text-adventure game using javascript on my phone, through a noice Android app called 'Sketchware', and I had to create a second app to develope the map of the game. (It's going to use coords sorta like an old Pokémon game) It is very hard to make things work the way you want them to and I'm thinkin I may need to research Json to make it work since Json is actually what handles crafting recipes in Minecraft.

So I'd like to thank the dedicated team of coders who made the teaser Trailer of the engine, they've been slaving away on, possible since they've barely been as recognized by the community as much as the new Art Director. c:

Assuming Infinite follows suit with the MCC and adds HDR sliders, I don't really think it's necessary. Halo's environments are usually beautiful enough to capture without needing to crank up the saturation either, in my opinion.
You'd be surprised how much more cinematic you can make a scene feel with just a hint of DoF blur :o
tuhin94 wrote:
Photo mode would be a natural evolution for Forge. It’s already incredible in H5 and this would serve to make it even better. Seeing as so many other big games have it, I think it’s safe to assume we’ll see it in Infinite.
Have you tried messing about with the cinematic camera in Forge? You can actually get some really cool angles if you turn off 'Tracking' which is an odd feature that keeps the camera's 'Roll' at a default setting, so if you're going for a slight tilt in your screenshot and for some reason it's not tilting when you're [PREVIEW]ing the shot, look for that option and turn it off.

Also if you're a loner with no friends, like me, and want cool bullet tracers in your screenshots you can use Assault ball stands by setting their boundaries like so:

SHAPE : Square
LENGTH : 0.25
WIDTH : 0.25
TOP : about ~25.00 to ~50.00
BOTTOM : usually 1250.00 just go «« from 0.00 and it'll go straight to max

The Ball stand has a cool boundary that fades towards its TOP where you can put either a muzzle flash or tracer. (See below.)

Then script it like this:

WHEN
. Timer
Initial 0.00
Repeat 0.05
DO
. Color Change
[OBJECTS] = THIS(add) ― default setting
Primary color : $color you want$

The rest of the colors do not matter.
Now duplicate them into a stack of 5 and group them.
Now get a Joint Ball, simple or advanced, and set its Boundary to the same settings EXCEPT keep 'BOTTOM' at 0.00 and adjust 'TOP' to however big you want your tracer to be, good default value would be like 4.00 or 6.00
Just set the joint's color without any scripting and you should be fine!

Muzzle flash?
Just a Light set to Point and color set to a fade of your tracer color, Lense flare depends on weapon you're using, fall-off-ratio set to about 5 to 15, and adjust brightness for intensity of flash.

Having trouble lining up your tracer?
  1. Select your group of ball stands that form the tracer.
  2. Reset rotation using RT + D-pad Down.
  3. Magnet your Joint Tracer Bullet to the ball stand.
  4. Set object movement to 'Object' instead of World using LT + D-pad Down.
  5. Set your bullet at the end of the tracer and group it to your ball stand group.
  6. You ball stand group is now your pivot for the tracer as well as it mover as well. Hold D-pad Up to ungroup, only deselect the bullet joint then hold D-pad Up again to group your ball stands back together.
  7. "What's 'Object' movement going to do for me?" Now, finally, it will let you adjust where you want you bullet and will move it in line with your tracer. (If you accidentally move it out of line you can just use magnets and snap it to your ball stand group)
Sevlovon wrote:
You'd be surprised how much more cinematic you can make a scene feel with just a hint of DoF blur :o
Trust me I know, I love doing that kind of stuff in Photoshop! While I don't think it's necessary to have in-game, I definitely wouldn't complain if it was.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2