Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Plans of masterchief

OP OptimumCactus73

Just wanna hear your thoughts on what would be the plans of masterchief to stop Cortana .
I think it's safe to assume he'll plan on attempting to redeem/save her until it's proven that nothing he can do will reverse her rampant power trip. If nothing he can do can reverse her rampant power trip, that is. I believe John's last resort will be to attempt to destroy Cortana. I'd love to see a lot of deliberation between him and other UNSC characters on this point- to the effect of, "John, she needs to be neutralized," "No. I can get to her."

Thatll make for a brilliant character tragedy when he can't save her, and ultimately realizes what needs to be done and steels himself to do it, despite himself.

Or, they'll cop out and have her come to her senses. I can see it going either way. One gives the arc or Cortana's character a tragic meaning and some real heavy substance, while one essentially shrugs off her spiral into decay and madness. One is real and consequential and the other is make-believe happy dappy.
I don't think Chief will be the one coming up with the plan; at least, not the initial one. Planning seems more like Halsey's camp; Chief is just the one to execute the plan.

My guess is that since Cortana is connected to the Domain, Halsey's idea to stop her will involve destroying or otherwise shutting down the Domain. Which means, they'd have to find it first. Last time the Domain was reset, it was done at the Forerunner capital, so my guess is Halsey would want to find that place. And since Zeta Halo has travelled there before, perhaps Halsey thinks the coordinates to Maethrillian are recorded somewhere on Zeta Halo, hence why Chief was going there. Obviously things go awry and obstacles appear, but ultimately I see Chief finding those coordinates and the UNSC heads to Maethrillian to try and reset the Domain, as the Iso-Didact once did 100,000 years ago. Without the Domain, Cortana would be neutralized and perhaps captured, or even destroyed.
Chief best try to stop Cortana is only to let her know what she has done and doing after the events of halo4. Because I don't think chief would be able to take over Cortana all alone unless he has his Spartan 2 mates (i prefer red team over blue).
Chimera30 wrote:
I don't think Chief will be the one coming up with the plan; at least, not the initial one. Planning seems more like Halsey's camp; Chief is just the one to execute the plan.

My guess is that since Cortana is connected to the Domain, Halsey's idea to stop her will involve destroying or otherwise shutting down the Domain. Which means, they'd have to find it first. Last time the Domain was reset, it was done at the Forerunner capital, so my guess is Halsey would want to find that place. And since Zeta Halo has travelled there before, perhaps Halsey thinks the coordinates to Maethrillian are recorded somewhere on Zeta Halo, hence why Chief was going there. Obviously things go awry and obstacles appear, but ultimately I see Chief finding those coordinates and the UNSC heads to Maethrillian to try and reset the Domain, as the Iso-Didact once did 100,000 years ago. Without the Domain, Cortana would be neutralized and perhaps captured, or even destroyed.
Good theory and I quite like the idea of visiting the Forerunner capitol but.... On the other hand, they might not pull something that intricate here out of fear that it might "lock out new players" or something and Maethrillian is very much an EU thing.

Honestly, Halo games could stand to have a little encyclopdea in-game or something with terms and history tidbits relevant to the plot at hand. Like the Black Boxes and Phoenix Logs in the Wars series. With this specific kind though, it'd be unique to the current plot and would unlock new figures just by progressing - no secret finds, they just unlock the key details for you to thumb through if you need a refresher. Kingdom Hearts 3 decided to do that (Along with a trio of brief videos summarizing the entire plot of the series up until that point), which was great if you happened to miss a game or entered the series late.

Chief best try to stop Cortana is only to let her know what she has done and doing after the events of halo4. Because I don't think chief would be able to take over Cortana all alone unless he has his Spartan 2 mates (i prefer red team over blue).
He already tried to point out what she was doing during Halo 5. It didn't have much effect.

Fred, Linda, and Kelly are Spartan II's, so I'm not sure what you meant by that last part?
I just meant that 343 should keep the Spartan 2 mates with chief. Is it possible that most of the memories of Cortana can be found in high charity's core. Visiting the ark again and facing the banished would be so fun. If yes, he can create a new ai with that data and take over a fight with Cortana. It would be more interesting if banished joins hand with the unsc to stop Galaxy's greatest threat. I would suggest that the game should like avenger infinity war. The ending should be a cliffhanger to keep on the suspense within the fans and maintain the fan base. In the end chief might stop Cortana but also releasing the flood . This would a be way much better cliffhanger than in halo 2.
what if chief thinks that the cortana he retreived from high charity if just an corrupted ai created by gravemind so that he can guarantee the survival of the flood in the future through that ai. and the original ai is just at either domain or high charity. that doesnt make any sense, i know. this is just because i didnt deeply played through the story of halo 5 as it is an completely rotten egg.
Give us some ICONIC one-liners!
Sorry to burst your bubble there, but the Cortana we retrieved was the real Cortana, and the High Charity's fate is explored in Halo Wars 2 already.

Your Snack wrote:
Give us some ICONIC one-liners!
Who's gonna deliver the snark though? Maybe they can bring back Chips Dubbo and Sgt Stacker for that.
Who was sgt stacker again. I saw him listed in reach's firefight voices