Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Plasma Rifle

OP X11 XOMAN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I my have posted this before but if I did I can not find the old post do you all think the OriginalPlasma Rifleshould return
Yes please. The storm rifle is a poor substitute that is essentially a reskin of an AR. The plasma rifle actually felt alien and unique to me.
Yes please. The storm rifle is a poor substitute that is essentially a reskin of an AR. The plasma rifle actually felt alien and unique to me.
I agree, the storm rifle doesn't look good at all and doesn't feel good holding it.
The plasma rifle was the Sangheili's iconic rifle and having it removed for the storm rifle is like removing the energy sword to put a machete.
No love for the Plasma Repeater I see. Poor thing's so underrated.

On-topic: Sure, why not. I got nothing against the Storm Rifle itself though.
Just to reiterate my thoughts from the last thread, I'm not really fussed whether the blue plasma weapon looks like a plasma rifle, plasma repeater, or storm rifle, I just want it to function more like a CE plasma Rifle.

High shield damage, plasma stun, headshot multiplier, and low(preferably no) spread. Basically every post CE "plasma rifle" has felt like little more than a blue SMG and the repeater and Storm rifle have been even worse doing more damage to health than shields.
Sylxeria wrote:

So I just watched LNGs video about the evolution of the Plasma Rifle. In it he mentions the Plasma Repeater when discussing the Reach version of the Plasma Rifle. Until I watched that video, I just assumed it was some Bungie employee's take on the Plasma Rifle that they wanted thrown into the final game. Now I see that it actually is meant to be a direct counterpart to the AR while the Plasma Rifle continues its typical role. Makes me appreciate the Repeater more.
Honestly I want all versions to appear in te sandbox.

Blue plasma rifle? Give it back the stun ability and better accuracy than the others. Make it utility with its shields stripping strength but not as strong against health. Lower than average kill time. Gets more shots out before over heating than the other guns.

Brute plasma rifle. Faster fire rate. Less accurate. A shot or two weaker than the blue one. Two skins I think would be nifty. One that looks clean and new with an energy dagger for higher melee damage to make it a bit more brutish and to compensate for the lower accuracy and damage. Other skin looks dirty and cracked because.. well a brute has been using it. The energy dagger no longer works so the brute strapped a dagger to the gun instead.

Repeater could function as it did in Reach but tweak damage to match ttk with whatever the average would be.

I want to change the storm rifle into something that is equivalent to the SAW. I mean the SAW is a beefy assault rifle. So the storm rifle can be a beefy plasma rifle. High fire rate. Can shoot a good number of rounds before over heating. Remove the stupid barrel from it
I wouldn't mind it since Halo 5 essentially made it seem like they're going back to older weapons that are the good 'ol reliable. If we're getting the MA37 we should be getting the Plasma Rifle too.
Unpopular opinion hear, but the CE Plasma Rife might just be on my Top 3 Halo guns. See, in CE, after landing a few shots on unshielded enemies, they receive a short stun. This is great for stopping enemies getting away and it makes it more than just a “Covenant Assault Rife.” And, if 343 bring back Dual-Wielding, they can take that away in exchange for double damage. (I got that from Favyn’s video “How to Balance Dual-Wielding in Halo”) For appearance, definitely the Reach one. It looks slightly more alien than the others. For the the variants, I’ll quote Banana InATux77, because he explained it better than I could:
Quote:
Brute plasma rifle. Faster fire rate. Less accurate. A shot or two weaker than the blue one. Two skins I think would be nifty. One that looks clean and new with an energy dagger for higher melee damage to make it a bit more brutish and to compensate for the lower accuracy and damage. Other skin looks dirty and cracked because.. well a brute has been using it. The energy dagger no longer works so the brute strapped a dagger to the gun instead.

Repeater could function as it did in Reach but tweak damage to match ttk with whatever the average would be.

I want to change the storm rifle into something that is equivalent to the SAW. I mean the SAW is a beefy assault rifle. So the storm rifle can be a beefy plasma rifle. High fire rate. Can shoot a good number of rounds before over heating.
And if the Brute one is Dual-Wielded, the dagger... disables, somehow?

Also, add the marking from the other to the Storm Rife.
I agree .the Plasma Rifle is great.
- plasma rifel: ce ( slightly more range than ar)
- brute plasma rifle: higher rof, higher spread, less damage/stun per bullet (slightly less range than ar)
- plasma repeater: reach (ar equivalent)
- storm rifle: burst weapon (5 shot bursts), strong against shields, slightly above ar acurate range when fired below bloom
- storm repeater: plasma SAW
Sylxeria wrote:

Same, plasma repeater was my favorite design so I’d like and the plasma rifle as the covenants AR and smg equivalents.
Plasma weapons, in general. They need to stun again, not just be a copy of UNSC weapons
Sylxeria wrote:

I love the concept of the Plasma Repeater but in gameplay it's pretty lackluster. Just a worse AR.

Would love to see it repurposed in an LMG (mid-tier power weapon) sort of role. Basically make it slower to overheat (and cool down) while buffing its anti-shield properties. With the Rate of Fire and spread it currently has it'd make a nice addition as a mid range support weapon. Have a buddy stay near you with a BR/DMR and mop up enemies quickly.
Yes, I want the ce one back it was actually useful.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I my have posted this before but if I did I can not find the old post do you all think the OriginalPlasma Rifleshould return
Definitely. It's so much great looking and cooler than the storm rifle.
The plasma rifle was fantastic. I would love to see it return in HI.

It and the carbine battle for my favorite Halo weapon.
J Teeps wrote:
The plasma rifle was fantastic. I would love to see it return in HI.

It and the carbine battle for my favorite Halo weapon.
It was fantastic
I hope it comes back I had memories with that gun ever since halo ce
Along with Brute shot, yeah.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2