Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] PLEASE 343 ADD AI IN FORGE, PLEASE!

OP CatValentine117

I have no idea how forge will be in halo infinite but you NEED to add the ability to add custom AI enemies there would be nothing more fun to create a map with enemies for players to kill or be helped by to finish an objectives or patrol etc the list is none ending, every single enemy AI would be awesome! the covenant, the brutes, the flood etc, PLEASE make this happen it would make MANY of us gamers happy if you guys can make it happen don't hold back.
Would need huge improvements in AI and pathfinding for this to work. Otherwise the AI enemies would have difficulty finding their way around player-made maps, constantly getting stuck, walking into walls etc
Would need huge improvements in AI and pathfinding for this to work. Otherwise the AI enemies would have difficulty finding their way around player-made maps, constantly getting stuck, walking into walls etc
Precisely THIS, is the issue. It would no doubt be huge new feature in Halo 6 to have AI running around but pathfinding can be a major issue. However, They couldd replicate certain aspects from Doom"s (2016) snapmap mode and have AI in forge maps. It is not impossible but it would certainly be difficult to implement.
I totally agree. But from what I remember, Farcry 4 had a "forge" mode and A.I did pretty good. I was going to say Arma 3 too but the A.I is horrible regardless of map.
I believe 343 once talked about this, but I don't recall what they exactly said. But I'm sure it's something along the lines of "It's a possibility."
I have no idea how forge will be in halo infinite but you NEED to add the ability to add custom AI enemies there would be nothing more fun to create a map with enemies for players to kill or be helped by to finish an objectives or patrol etc the list is none ending, every single enemy AI would be awesome! the covenant, the brutes, the flood etc, PLEASE make this happen it would make MANY of us gamers happy if you guys can make it happen don't hold back.
I don't even need to read this to tell you this.
The only true way Ai could be implemented during our time with our technology would be having a way to edit halo just like Halo Custom Edition. Adding path finding for editing like forge is throughout halo without majorly changing it would be some what impossible. At least until so revolutionary discovery is made. The possibility would be ai in default maps but nothing more than that.
Having bots/AI can help with a multitude of things: testing forge worlds, creating you own Warzone objectives, possibly making your own fan made levels, increasing the longevity of multiplayer by allowing bots to replace players when the game eventually ‘dies’ (that would also allow for offline multiplayer). In Halo Reach there are some game modes that currently have 0 players, what if I want to play those game types? Bots could make the multiplayer last for as long as you want to play.
add a basic ia is possible to watch mod on reach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcrqTgIfrno

please 343 integrated this halo infinity it would be great!
Yes, I want (at least) Covenant AI to work in Forge. Making your own enemy encounters is something I could do forever.
This feature would be amazing
The only true way Ai could be implemented during our time with our technology would be having a way to edit halo just like Halo Custom Edition. Adding path finding for editing like forge is throughout halo without majorly changing it would be some what impossible. At least until so revolutionary discovery is made. The possibility would be ai in default maps but nothing more than that.
The technology's already here for Forge to support AI, since there's already navigation meshes that change in real time with dynamic objects (which are basically what Forge's objects are), such as with Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag's boat boarding sections and Halo 3, with enemies jumping on top of those dynamic brown boxes. It's just a matter of whether 343 can find ways to allocate resources to support it in Forge.
I wonder if they could make map tools for PC that could generate NAV meshes for forge maps. That would be interesting. But that could limit the Xbox only people.
What about a paintbrush style tool that players can use to lay down traversable ground within a custom map, then the A.I. just has to deal with any obstacles that may be in the painted paths and zones?
What about a paintbrush style tool that players can use to lay down traversable ground within a custom map, then the A.I. just has to deal with any obstacles that may be in the painted paths and zones?
So something like a nav mesh painter or on the actual surface you just paint areas the AI are allowed in? Either way, some sort of nav system will have to be generated for those regions. I do like it though because that would be simple for the user. In reality how hard would it be to make that though?
The technology's already here for Forge to support AI, since there's already navigation meshes that change in real time with dynamic objects (which are basically what Forge's objects are), such as with Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag's boat boarding sections and Halo 3, with enemies jumping on top of those dynamic brown boxes. It's just a matter of whether 343 can find ways to allocate resources to support it in Forge.
AC never had a building mode. Halo 3 didn't have Ai in forge. And you still have to create Path finding. That's the hardest part. Especially when meshing multiple objects. You don't want Ai walking through walls they aren't suppose too. I've been 1 year into Game Development so far. I somewhat know what I am talking about.
343 plz make this a priority!
AC never had a building mode. Halo 3 didn't have Ai in forge. And you still have to create Path finding. That's the hardest part. Especially when meshing multiple objects. You don't want Ai walking through walls they aren't suppose too. I've been 1 year into Game Development so far. I somewhat know what I am talking about.
Of course Assassin's Creed never had a building mode and Halo never had AI in Forge. I'm just saying that the hardware and tech needed to implement AI in Forge is already there, nothing more. Doom basically did this with their SnapMap feature.
So something like a nav mesh painter or on the actual surface you just paint areas the AI are allowed in? Either way, some sort of nav system will have to be generated for those regions. I do like it though because that would be simple for the user. In reality how hard would it be to make that though?
It's probably not hard, just complex and very time consuming.
AI in forge? like the cod playstyle?
There are many Forge wishlist threads. Let's condense them all here