Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please 343, no more "the answer" gun

OP PSYCHOROID

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Plasma pistol and BR are still more powerful.
It's whatever for me tbh. I had the same thing happen to me with the Shotgun, the sword, the RPG, Sticky nads, The FRC. Should all of them be removed from the game?

Should it be BR only?
WerepyreND wrote:
Honestly the SAW in general is the most unbalanced weapon in Halo history. The only real counterplay without another power weapon is keep at extreme range. Standard weapons will flat out lose at close and mid range with little need for any discipline on the part of the SAW user.

You can keep your distance from a shotgun, sword, hammer etc. You can also keep your distance from a rocket launcher and rockets at least have the threat of splash damage to consider. You can close the distance on snipers to make their life more difficult and at least knock them out of scope.

The SAW doesn't have any weakness that even approach the level of other weapons. It either needs to be straight up removed or redesigned completely. As it is right now it is a mindless bullet hose whose power is incredibly disproportionate to the level of skill required to use it effectively.
RPG, Sniper, Nads, Hell BR can work
X19Doug95 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Honestly the SAW in general is the most unbalanced weapon in Halo history. The only real counterplay without another power weapon is keep at extreme range. Standard weapons will flat out lose at close and mid range with little need for any discipline on the part of the SAW user.

You can keep your distance from a shotgun, sword, hammer etc. You can also keep your distance from a rocket launcher and rockets at least have the threat of splash damage to consider. You can close the distance on snipers to make their life more difficult and at least knock them out of scope.

The SAW doesn't have any weakness that even approach the level of other weapons. It either needs to be straight up removed or redesigned completely. As it is right now it is a mindless bullet hose whose power is incredibly disproportionate to the level of skill required to use it effectively.
Funny I specifically mentioned "without another power weapon." More importantly, having a power weapon that can only be countered effectively by another power weapon is bad design. Even power weapons need drawbacks to keep things interesting and all the previous weapons you mentioned whether it be the shotgun, sword, sniper, rockets, etc tend to have either a significant drawback like a very short range, slow projectiles, or splash damage that you need to manage whereas the sniper has a steep skill requirement. The SAW has neither of these. Unless you stay at ranges far outside the average Halo engagement distance you are going to lose in a straight gunfight with a SAW unless they are completely thumb-less. The problem is that the ratio between risk and reward is completely unbalanced without much meaningful risk to the SAW player.

Which in case you didn't notice I don't have a problem with that when it comes to other power weapons. I single out the SAW for a reason.

A grenade isn't a viable counter on its own when the SAW user is just as capable as using them as you are. Nades are not the SAW's weakness because everything is weak to nades. LIkewise unless you stay at very long range and the SAW user just happens to stand out in the open for you, the BR is going to lose every fight at close to mid range. with a SAW assuming players are of equal skill level. Meanwhile that BR can much more easily keep their distance from a sword/shotgun, they can close the distance on a sniper to make things much harder for them. The Slow movement of rockets means the BR user can also keep their distance without hiding across the map and even has the option to jump into point blank range to force the rocket player to suicide.

Anyone can be "outplayed" given a high enough skill level, but that is entirely different from having counterplay options where you have realistic options to negate the advantages of the player with a power weapon.
AlibutOne wrote:
PSYCHOROID wrote:
Hi,

I have been playing all Halo games for a few years now, and i dont know perhaps some people will join me in my request, i would like the 343 team to give up that weapon called "the answer" in Halo Infinite.

This thing is a rage quit machine really.
I just gave up another match facing people over using it, camping/crouching behind walls with it, etc...

I agree with the "1 shot-1 kill weapons" if at least they require the player to go in close combat (like hammers, swords....) but really that weapon called the answer is killing any pleasure i found in playing the Halo games multiplayer modes... I ve seen too many people camping in "crouching mode" waiting to see someone closing in (that 's a huge advantage because people dont see you on radar when crouching and the only thing they need to do is to wait for enemies to appear and it takes less than a couple of seconds to kill you...)

Actually i am even thinking about stopping playing Halo 5 multiplayer because of it. (despites the fact i ve been playing Halo games since 2001...)

Hopefully some people will agree with me...
What kind of mode are you playing it? Super Fiesta? Big Team Battle Super Fiesta? And are you speaking about the SAW or his variant (The Answer)?
If you are refering these battle modes and the Weapon Variant. There another weapons like Incinerator, Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer and some other variants that I think they're too overpowered to counter on. The Answer it's only on in the social modes or some special modes, and you need to be very lucky to get this weapon randomly. If they really will remove this weapon, they should remove others too. When I play these game modes, it's more for enjoyment than competitive against the others. You can't expect much a true balance when you're receiving the weapons randomly for everyone.
If you are referring about the SAW on main competitive mode, I don't think it's too overpowered. Obviously the weapon have impressive range and damage, but it's only avaible like any other special weapons, like the sniper rifle, railgun or plasmacaster. The only weakness of this weapon it's the lack of ammunation to keep it longer. You need a few bullets to kill, but you have a chance to avoid, run away or counter the enemy with grenades or grenade. The weapon can only lock one by one, so two people can work and keep together to defeat it. In Halo 5, you can avoid with spartan abilities too.
I sincerely, I die more for energy sword than any other weapon. In Halo 5, the sword energy had a far more battery than any other plasma weapons. You can sprint and use spartan abilities to avoid and return so fast to get the enemy by surprise. Most 80% are one hit kill: you can lock on and kill in greater distance if the main sight is red. This makes me pissed too much because you die by the same guy by five times in a roll. Even you could defeat it, he could turn back earlier or later to use the same strategy again and again. Even if I keep my attention to the sword energy, some other less skilled player will be the victim. When everytime I'm focused on killing it, he tries to escape, and the other enemy will defend him. The variants of this weapon makes you abuse both sprint and SA. There's another that makes you invisible to the players.
The sniper rifle, when with someone skilled, will could be a serial killer. Can easily fire one shot in their heads or take two shots very fast without missing it. When you have a very skilled team, it will become a true massacre against the less skilled players. There's other variants that's make you too overpowered, like bringing more ammunation to reload, and other that you can get a instant kill (Norfang). The covenants sniper rifles can easily do the job more faster than normal.
We have the incinerator too. I just needed to hold the trigger button to load the weapon, and wait for someone unlucky in my way and drop the shot. I get instant kills easily, altought the weapon doesn't have much energy to kill more.
The Hammer can do more one hit kills than energy swords, but the disvantage you can walk a little slower than carrying a sword. He had one variant make you spread electric mid-range waves, making one of the most powerful broken weapons existing in this game.
I think it's all matter how can you seize the opportunity, or how you can handle the weapon. Dying for SAW it's the last thing I would be worried than dying for the other weapons. Most of majority times I kill him behind or try to avoid from his line of sight jumping around, firing with a needler, noob combo or shooting with DMR or BR in a greater distance.
If you truly want to balance, I think you could ask for 343i for less distance or more spread. This problem could be easily resolved (if they want too).
I am talking about the level3 saw (= the answer) and i only play Warzone/Turbo (and Firefight)
I have no problem facing people with other weapons (a sword can be countered with a mere Void's tear+ 1 BR headshot, a hammer can be countered with a promethean shotgun, etc)
For sure promethean cannons / rocket launchers are powerfull weapons BUT you dont have as much amo than what you have with an Answer, and the speed rate is lesser (not to mention you can dodge them)
The problem with the Answer is that you will either meet people rushing you and shooting at you from behind without even being able to turn yourself (it takes less than 3 seconds to die from the moment someone starts spraying you and since that weapon is powerful enough to take you down from far distance you cant even notice them getting close on your radar) or people camping/crouching with it (and the situation ends up the same: 3 seconds of spraying and it's game over)
The weapon gets even more lethal if the user has active camo / overshield and speed boost...
Other weapons can be countered easily (Void's tear is just perfect against everything) but the Answer is such a killing machine that people using it can snipe you with it, spray you with it (at close distance) or camp with it, and it has a lot of ammunition... (unlike rocket launchers, promethan cannons)

I am very surprised they are so many people agreeing with me (or some sort) about the Answer being an annoying weapon in this topic
The answer isn't super easily countered, but it is definitely not invincible. Warzone is all about adapting to what others pull, so if all you do is rush the generic fighting areas then yeah, expect to be dropped. I've played thousands of WZ games and have been killed plenty of times while having the answer, while also absolutely slaying with it against nobody teams.

The main issue is lower level players not having a ton of reqs while us maxed players have plenty to choose from. If we see a enemy with a OP gun/vehicle then we can pull the laser/rail/camo/OS needed to stop them.
There's really only one logical answer to this. "Get gud." Seriously though, req a rocket launcher and call it a day.
It certainly is extremely OP yeah, but Warzone and Fiesta are supposed to be chaotic and unbalanced, aren't they?
I think The Answer should only be available in PVE modes.
Spoken like a true poet.
I don't think it should be removed but I think it needs to be rarer. Nornfang, SPNKR Prime, etc. are all legendary mythic and would be the best guns in the game if The Answer weren't Rare and several REQ levels lower than those guns. So I say make The Answer probably Ultra Rare mythic like Whispered Truth and maybe bump it up to level 7. Then at least we'd see less of it in Super Fiesta. Warzone, just spawn some rockets and pray you get lucky.
I actually don't want any weapon variant :)

I just want for each faction:
  • ONE assault rifle
  • ONE pistol
  • ONE medium-short range gun (BR/Carbine)
  • ONE medium-long range gun (DMR)
  • ONE smg
  • ONE sniper rifle
  • ONE rocket launcher
Hope I didn't forget any weapon type, but you get the idea :)
WerepyreND wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

Funny I specifically mentioned "without another power weapon." More importantly, having a power weapon that can only be countered effectively by another power weapon is bad design. Even power weapons need drawbacks to keep things interesting and all the previous weapons you mentioned whether it be the shotgun, sword, sniper, rockets, etc tend to have either a significant drawback like a very short range, slow projectiles, or splash damage that you need to manage whereas the sniper has a steep skill requirement. The SAW has neither of these. Unless you stay at ranges far outside the average Halo engagement distance you are going to lose in a straight gunfight with a SAW unless they are completely thumb-less. The problem is that the ratio between risk and reward is completely unbalanced without much meaningful risk to the SAW player.

Which in case you didn't notice I don't have a problem with that when it comes to other power weapons. I single out the SAW for a reason.

A grenade isn't a viable counter on its own when the SAW user is just as capable as using them as you are. Nades are not the SAW's weakness because everything is weak to nades. LIkewise unless you stay at very long range and the SAW user just happens to stand out in the open for you, the BR is going to lose every fight at close to mid range. with a SAW assuming players are of equal skill level. Meanwhile that BR can much more easily keep their distance from a sword/shotgun, they can close the distance on a sniper to make things much harder for them. The Slow movement of rockets means the BR user can also keep their distance without hiding across the map and even has the option to jump into point blank range to force the rocket player to suicide.

Anyone can be "outplayed" given a high enough skill level, but that is entirely different from having counterplay options where you have realistic options to negate the advantages of the player with a power weapon.
Funny enough you didn't.
X19Doug95 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:

Funny enough you didn't.
What do you call "the only real counterplay without another power weapon" then? I don't know how you keep missing it since it was the first post of mine you quoted. It is literally the second sentence.
The answer to your problem with the answer, is to use the answer.... Plus camo/overshield
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

OP, I feel your pain. I am frequently out-played in Warzone by people with more powerful weapons. I think the best way to deal with it is either get better with those weapons, or avoid the gametype entirely.

I don't understand how people can criticize the addition of the storm rifle when there have always been weapons like it, e.g. the plasma rifle and the spiker. There has always been stratification of weapons in the games, I think Halo 5 took it to another level with the ultra rare and legendary variants of the weapons.
I think The Answer should only be available in PVE modes.
I think The Answer should only be in warzone and pve but not the campaign.
To be honest, the Saw shouldn't have been a Human weapon in the first place, but Promethean instead. It wasn't needed in the Human sandbox, while the Prometheans lack a similar weapon to the Assult Rifle or Storm Rifle/Plasma Rifle, seeing as the Suppressor is an SMG equivalent. It's heighten power would have then made more sense, being Forerunner.

That aside, it's just a weapon in Warzone. There's loads of weapons that can kill you just as quickly, so I don't find it to be a real issue.
Can't say I agree, in the tiny amount of time I've played in actual normal Warzone, I can't say I've had a problem with The Answer. I honestly gave up normal Warzone because I was tired of people camping for easy core destructions (they rush to get all spawns then someone sneaks in while everyone else is distracted trying to take back the garages/weapons areas to lock down the core and blows the exposed thing to heck with a Heavy Weapon before anyone can do anything). It's no fun when you get a well coordinated team that rushes for easy victories.

But The Answer was not a concern for me, it's actually pretty easy to outplay in my opinion.
I agree. The Answer isn't a concern because it can only be used in Warzone. It's a fantastic weapon for such a Big Team Battle gametype and even more so in Warzone Firefight. There's honestly no reason to complain because it's a REQ weapon in a social, unranked playlist/gametype. It's not like its a power weapon in the competitive and ranked playlists. If that were the case, this would be an entirely different story.
PSYCHOROID wrote:
Hi,

I have been playing all Halo games for a few years now, and i dont know perhaps some people will join me in my request, i would like the 343 team to give up that weapon called "the answer" in Halo Infinite.

This thing is a rage quit machine really.
I just gave up another match facing people over using it, camping/crouching behind walls with it, etc...

I agree with the "1 shot-1 kill weapons" if at least they require the player to go in close combat (like hammers, swords....) but really that weapon called the answer is killing any pleasure i found in playing the Halo games multiplayer modes... I ve seen too many people camping in "crouching mode" waiting to see someone closing in (that 's a huge advantage because people dont see you on radar when crouching and the only thing they need to do is to wait for enemies to appear and it takes less than a couple of seconds to kill you...)

Actually i am even thinking about stopping playing Halo 5 multiplayer because of it. (despites the fact i ve been playing Halo games since 2001...)

Hopefully some people will agree with me...
I didn't know weapon variants would even be added, if they were to be, then I'd agree.
Can't say I agree, in the tiny amount of time I've played in actual normal Warzone, I can't say I've had a problem with The Answer. I honestly gave up normal Warzone because I was tired of people camping for easy core destructions (they rush to get all spawns then someone sneaks in while everyone else is distracted trying to take back the garages/weapons areas to lock down the core and blows the exposed thing to heck with a Heavy Weapon before anyone can do anything). It's no fun when you get a well coordinated team that rushes for easy victories.

But The Answer was not a concern for me, it's actually pretty easy to outplay in my opinion.
I agree. The Answer isn't a concern because it can only be used in Warzone. It's a fantastic weapon for such a Big Team Battle gametype and even more so in Warzone Firefight. There's honestly no reason to complain because it's a REQ weapon in a social, unranked playlist/gametype. It's not like its a power weapon in the competitive and ranked playlists. If that were the case, this would be an entirely different story.
In a game mode that allows, what? 6 heavy vehicles, up to about 32 heavy weapons, and 16 armor abilities at any given time? The Answer hardly outclasses the many other heavy weapons that are in play.

Agreed; if this were a complaint found in the Ranked arena, then I would be more inclined to agree as Ranked maps tend to be much smaller, more compact, and the number of power weapons is significantly fewer.

In a game mode that allows, what? 6 heavy vehicles, up to about 32 heavy weapons, and 16 armor abilities at any given time? The Answer hardly outclasses the many other heavy weapons that are in play.

Agreed; if this were a complaint found in the Ranked arena, then I would be more inclined to agree as Ranked maps tend to be much smaller, more compact, and the number of power weapons is significantly fewer.
In my opinion, it outclasses most heavy weapons simply because it lasts longer. Sure, you could pull out an Incineration Canon (Max of 4 charged shots) or a Rocket Launcher (Max of 4 Rockets) but The Answer has 3 solid clips of ammo. It tears through players and it's effective against vehicles. When it comes down to it, all that matters is how the player wields it. Just because a weapon is powerful doesn't mean it's going to be used effectively.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3