Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please Add Jetpack in multiplayer!

OP XXGOOSE2XX

I love the jetpack it was in halo reach and halo 4
you can go up in the air with the jetpack and get to a higher point in the map that’s why I like it!

Halo Timeline is in the mid 2500s year in the future. Halo is future realistic and jet pack is future realistic. Make it feel like halo wall running is future realistic but wall running doesn’t feel like halo it feels more like call of duty kind of game. A Spartan post to be a Super Soldier abilities like jetpack is a super soldier. A Spartan needs abilities or if if doesn’t have abilities he shouldn’t be called a super shoulder.
Please no.
Gravity Lifts as a one-time use item like in H3 would be nice but not an armor ability like this.
not keen on the idea
Just no. They were horribly unbalanced and broke many maps in Reach, so to "fix" this it was made useless in 4. Best to just leave the jetpacks behind, the only things they add are balancing headaches.
Just no. They were horribly unbalanced and broke many maps in Reach, so to "fix" this it was made useless in 4. Best to just leave the jetpacks behind, the only things they add are balancing headaches.
I agree, it wasn't satisfying to play, except maybe on firefight, and I have the impression that most of the time it was just an easy way to get killed because you don't have cover while in the air.
Some players used it well but for me it's really not a go to option.
I'm okay with jetpack in campaign but hated it in mp. If it were to ever return I'd hope it would just be an equipment pick up.
I have a love hate relationship with the jet pack. I think it is a really cool concept and would be ideal for custom games. I don’t want it in standard multiplayer though because of the balance issues it presents. I also never could master it with the bumper jumper controls so I’m still salty about that lol
as long as it doesn't break the game i' m fine with it
No.

No jetpacks anywhere in HALO INFINITE please.
It legit broke maps in halo Reach lol. If you have jetpacks if AT ALL... it needs to be what was done in 4.
Halo is in no way future realistic lol

I'd like to see it added back for custom games, it's a fun AA. Very broken in multiplayer though as it totally overrides map design and flow.
Jetpacks are good for custom games and that's about it. I never use them in MP and it is incredibly imbalanced for maps not designed with verticality in mind.
In single player, it could be fun. Save yourself from falling to your death like the glider in BotW. In multiplayer? No thank you. Unless they have very limited use like with the grav lift in Halo 3, I cannot see it being used at all.
The grapple hook is the replacement for the verticality of the jet pack.
I don't like armor ability, but as an item to pick up on the map, I would say yes. This way, the jet pack would be available only on maps design for.

I heard the grapple would be an item to pick up in multiplayer. I hope jet pack and thruster pack would be present to.
XXGOOSE2XX wrote:
I love the jetpack it was in halo reach and halo 4
you can go up in the air with the jetpack and get to a higher point in the map that’s why I like it!

Halo Timeline is in the mid 2500s year in the future. Halo is future realistic and jet pack is future realistic. Make it feel like halo wall running is future realistic but wall running doesn’t feel like halo it feels more like call of duty kind of game. A Spartan post to be a Super Soldier abilities like jetpack is a super soldier. A Spartan needs abilities or if if doesn’t have abilities he shouldn’t be called a super shoulder.
Realism and/or in-game lore shouldn't ever dictate gameplay, period.
Your logic is completely flawed.
Jetpacks is technically an armor ability, that's being cut from Halo Infinite in favor of equipment. Sorry but it's likely not going to happen.
The grapple hook is the replacement for the verticality of the jet pack.
Thats something I could definitely get behind. I'd take a grappling hook over a jetpack.