Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please Bring Back Dual Wielding

OP SkullCrush3r114

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I like what a lot of people are saying here. I for one like options in games I play, I know some people are more black and white. Its good to see people that dislike dual wielding offer up suggestions that would make it better if brought back. Dual weilding to me has always more of a "poor man's power weapon". There are many ways to balance it besides nerfing the damage on dual wieldable guns.
Bringing back dual wielding is a must. The community has spoken!!
Bringing back dual wielding is a must. The community has spoken!!
I 'unno man, I'm seeing a lot of "It made single-weapons useless so please No." too. I wouldn't want to see Dual Wielding ever return in a mainline game because it just made too many weapons pointless to use on their own, and then they'd need to balance every DW'able weapon for every other possible combination. No thanks.

I also just now noticed the dates on the previous posts, woops!
I hope they implement this!
I would love to see dual wielding return. It's one of my favorite mechanics in the Halo franchise, and I feel like it deserves another chance. It wasn't always the most practical or strategic choice--especially in H2--but having the option was fun.
I didn't used it a lot so I don't really care but having multiple option to fight is always better than only one.
Yes we need dual wielding to return. It so needs to return.
They added abilities in 5... let's hope Infinite brings back the duel wield. That was awesome and would great to have that ability back.
Dual wielding is too hard to balance for PvP. It's either OP or the guns as individuals become useless. There really is no middle ground
I was never sold on DW, I ignored it for the most part. Although I do remember having a blast duel wielding needlers.
At the very least, bring it back in the campaign. No need to worry about balance in singleplayer.
Honestly, I prefer that it doesn't return.
eLantern wrote:
Honestly, I prefer that it doesn't return.
It was a dreary mechanic that I was glad to see be laid to rest. I hope it never comes back.

On the other hand, if they had a specific weapon type that was paired up as its own weapon (Think a pair of SMGs that's equipped as one weapon) that'd be another matter. However as a mechanic I'd like to see it remain out of Infinite.
All I want to do in Halo Infinite is to have dual smg's making my elite look cool!
There are probably posts about this already but I couldn't find any but one thing in Halo Infinite I would love to see return is dual wielding! I always loved the different combos you could come up with for different results in gameplay, and honestly it was just fun to run up to an enemy and then just unload on them.
I think it should only appear in the campaign and as an option for custom games.
I second this thought of implementation of dual-wielding haha always a favorite fear of the pink mist
Everyone who wants Dual-Wielding back, NEEDS to watch Favyn’s video, “How to Balance Dual-Wielding in Halo.” He brings up some great points about utility over raw damage. Even if you hate Dual-Wielding, it is a great video about game design and balancing. After watching the video, I even thought of a way to balance the needler! When Dual-Wielding it, take away the guided needles, but have to be less needles needed to Super-Combine. I have also seen many people say about how they don’t like Dual-Wielding, but I’ve got something that, may not be perfect, but I think could help both sides be happier with the game. If you don’t like Dual-Wielding in Halo Infinite, tell 343, and if enough people say about, they will remove it from the maps it’s a problem on. Not all the maps, that would be a waste of resources, but just the ones it doesn’t work on. That’s how I, someone who doesn’t know much about game design, would do. Let me know if you’ve got a better solution.
I think the only way they can bring dual wielding back is if they change how it's done. People who say it made single weapons useless definitely have a point. So the answer to me is you have the guns already together in "a pack" when you pick them up so they would have there own stats and what not, essentially they would be different types of SMG, pistols etc and this would also make Canon people happy :) Yes I know this eliminates the pick and choose your combination but I think it would balance it and it's a fair compromise.

So for example, on a UNSC theme map, there could be BRs, SMG, pistol, sniper, and duel pistol pack on the map. When you drop the duel pistols for a other weapon, you drop them both as you would for any other gun. They are treated as one gun. You can't use these guns separately. I hope I explained this right. That's what I'd do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2