Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please bring back proximity chat.

OP Abe Linkn

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Proximity chat was the best feature in H3 social made some of the best memories and friends with it. I would love to have this feature again in infinite. I would like hear what you guys think.
It sure was fun, spying on the enemy and listening in on their conversations. Then party chat came...
It would be interesting to have proximity chat back as it would be fun to spook someone as you're sneaking up behind them. That said a lot of people either use party chat now or don't use a mic while gaming at all so proximity chat would probably be dead most of the time. I personally would probably not use it too much myself. The closest thing we'll probably get is in game text chat since the game is also on PC.
I wasn’t ever able to experience proximity chat, I would imagine it would be super cool and very immersing as well
It sure was fun, spying on the enemy and listening in on their conversations. Then party chat came...
Party chat became a thing in H5 because you couldn't even talk in the lobby or while searching only when you found a game you could use game chat.
XenobyteZX wrote:
I wasn’t ever able to experience proximity chat, I would imagine it would be super cool and very immersing as well
That's a bummer it was fun time's. Hopefully they bring it back so the new generation can experience it.
It would be interesting to have proximity chat back as it would be fun to spook someone as you're sneaking up behind them. That said a lot of people either use party chat now or don't use a mic while gaming at all so proximity chat would probably be dead most of the time. I personally would probably not use it too much myself. The closest thing we'll probably get is in game text chat since the game is also on PC.
I feel like it would bring more people out of party chat. I feel like party chat is a problem just cause H5 game chat is a joke
Abe Linkn wrote:
I feel like it would bring more people out of party chat. I feel like party chat is a problem just cause H5 game chat is a joke
I agree, I would also like it back for this reason.
"it would be intresting to sppok someone" so i have crafted something what that would go like

I just joined the match and as i looked around to be acustomed to the new map i saw a bulldog(shotty) so i ran over there to pick it up.as i held x i heard it "boo".its obvious he had the map earlier in the day.so as i tried to turn around i knew it was too late as he started the assasination process unfold you realize that your teammates had been yelling behind you in proximity chat but you were too far away........and then you died
XenobyteZX wrote:
im with you and because of that im sad
Abe Linkn wrote:
Party chat became a thing in H5 because you couldn't even talk in the lobby or while searching only when you found a game you could use game chat.
Uuuhhh... party chat became a very popular thing long before H5. My guess is there were enough statistics showing people using mics are almost always in parties, and that's why H5 didn't really focus on letting you chat in lobbies.
I personally miss the end lobbies. Get all the trash talking out of the way. I loved it. but as people pointed out most people play party chat or don’t have a mic at all. If I was solo queue and it would not be bad.
Constant vulgarity, expletives, and harassment is not my idea of a good time. I'll stick with party chat.
Constant vulgarity, expletives, and harassment is not my idea of a good time. I'll stick with party chat.
This doesn't have to inherently be the online gaming experience even though it is a common meme. I have played many games in game chats, met some good players to squad up with in fact. The games in which the toxics do come out I just switch them on mute or if it's a bad day then there is always party chat to got to.
There is some toxic people but there are also awesome people just gotta mute all the haters
Abe Linkn wrote:
There is some toxic people but there are also awesome people just gotta mute all the haters
Too much of a hassle.
Why should I go through all the players when I can simply mute all of 'em and enjoy my time in party chat?

Nah, thank you, stuff like that worked back then but it isn't 2007 anymore.
Abe Linkn wrote:
Sadly no, there is a lot of toxic players. If I'm not in party chat I still here obscenities on a regular basis in games like CoD almost everytime I get the better of a player, you can hear the player you kill if not in party chat, and my son sometimes gets hate messages from Halo gamers because he's good at the game.

Allowing proximity chat and lobby / game chat would just give the toxic ones a bigger platform. I can't see it returning in Halo, if it does I expect most will remain in party. I do sometimes ask in lobbies on CoD if anyone has a mic. Sometimes I get a pleasant yes, or hey there, how are you. Sometimes it not so pleasant.

Party chat did kill lobby chat. But the toxic ones ruined it for you. Back in the days of Halo 2 the lobby chat was pretty disgusting a lot of the time, decent players don't miss the filth that many spewed imo. I expect it was those toxic players that played a part in party chat becoming a thing. Players want to chill and play with friends.

They do not want to be verbally abused by the opposing team. Swearing with someone and trash talking is one thing, attacking and abusing others verbally is not. That's where the problem lies, you don't know the age, race, or religion of the other team or player, so anything being said in jest might not be getting received that way.
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
Sadly no, there is a lot of toxic players. If I'm not in party chat I still here obscenities on a regular basis in games like CoD almost everytime I get the better of a player, you can hear the player you kill if not in party chat, and my son sometimes gets hate messages from Halo gamers because he's good at the game.

Allowing proximity chat and lobby / game chat would just give the toxic ones a bigger platform. I can't see it returning in Halo, if it does I expect most will remain in party. I do sometimes ask in lobbies on CoD if anyone has a mic. Sometimes I get a pleasant yes, or hey there, how are you. Sometimes it not so pleasant.

Party chat did kill lobby chat. But the toxic ones ruined it for you. Back in the days of Halo 2 the lobby chat was pretty disgusting a lot of the time, decent players don't miss the filth that many spewed imo. I expect it was those toxic players that played a part in party chat becoming a thing. Players want to chill and play with friends.

They do not want to be verbally abused by the opposing team. Swearing with someone and trash talking is one thing, attacking and abusing others verbally is not. That's where the problem lies, you don't know the age, race, or religion of the other team or player, so anything being said in jest might not be getting received that way.
That's the internet for you. You get toxic people wherever you go on the internet. Gotta let them be like water off your back and not let it get to you, cause that's what they want is a reaction. Can't stereotype cause of some bad eggs.
Abe Linkn wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:

That's the internet for you. You get toxic people wherever you go on the internet. Gotta let them be like water off your back and not let it get to you, cause that's what they want is a reaction. Can't stereotype cause of some bad eggs.
Sadly there were a LOT of bad eggs.
Yes. Also more people need to use mics like the old XBL days. Just saying. Party chat is great but it destroyed that unique culture.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2