1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Darwi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
Constant vulgarity, expletives, and harassment is not my idea of a good time. I'll stick with party chat.
There is some toxic people but there are also awesome people just gotta mute all the haters
Sadly no, there is a lot of toxic players. If I'm not in party chat I still here obscenities on a regular basis in games like CoD almost everytime I get the better of a player, you can hear the player you kill if not in party chat, and my son sometimes gets hate messages from Halo gamers because he's good at the game.

Allowing proximity chat and lobby / game chat would just give the toxic ones a bigger platform. I can't see it returning in Halo, if it does I expect most will remain in party. I do sometimes ask in lobbies on CoD if anyone has a mic. Sometimes I get a pleasant yes, or hey there, how are you. Sometimes it not so pleasant.

Party chat did kill lobby chat. But the toxic ones ruined it for you. Back in the days of Halo 2 the lobby chat was pretty disgusting a lot of the time, decent players don't miss the filth that many spewed imo. I expect it was those toxic players that played a part in party chat becoming a thing. Players want to chill and play with friends.

They do not want to be verbally abused by the opposing team. Swearing with someone and trash talking is one thing, attacking and abusing others verbally is not. That's where the problem lies, you don't know the age, race, or religion of the other team or player, so anything being said in jest might not be getting received that way.
That's the internet for you. You get toxic people wherever you go on the internet. Gotta let them be like water off your back and not let it get to you, cause that's what they want is a reaction. Can't stereotype cause of some bad eggs.
Sadly there were a LOT of bad eggs.
There's also a lot of good ones like you and I. It's like saying you're never gonna date again because of one bad relationship, if you don't try you'll never find out. I guess I'm too much of a glass half full kind of guy.
Abe Linkn wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
That's the internet for you. You get toxic people wherever you go on the internet. Gotta let them be like water off your back and not let it get to you, cause that's what they want is a reaction. Can't stereotype cause of some bad eggs.
There's also a lot of good ones like you and I. It's like saying you're never gonna date again because of one bad relationship, if you don't try you'll never find out. I guess I'm too much of a glass half full kind of guy.
I'll admit that there were more good than bad.

But the bad are so rotten they ruin it for the rest of us. You just can't have nice things anymore.

In the "good old days" I had to pretty much turn it off. Wasn't fair to expose the wife and/or the kids to that subsection of humanity.

I can definitely see why 343 have just wiped their hands of it.
So uh... I always had everyone muted... What the heck is proximity chat lol
Cyro XVX wrote:
In social up till Reach if you were within radar distance of a enemy player you could talk with him/her
Proximitty chat is so fun bro. Bring it back.
Darwi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
I'll admit that there were more good than bad.

But the bad are so rotten they ruin it for the rest of us. You just can't have nice things anymore.

In the "good old days" I had to pretty much turn it off. Wasn't fair to expose the wife and/or the kids to that subsection of humanity.

I can definitely see why 343 have just wiped their hands of it.
Yeah when you're trying to have family time it is overwhelming. But some people enjoy the non toxic chaos and harmless trash talking, like when I killed someone I would say something random and funny to get some laughs out of the enemy team. I've met some funny people on the other team. But I would stay in party chat during family time.
Abe Linkn wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
In social up till Reach if you were within radar distance of a enemy player you could talk with him/her
Ohhh! That sounds really cool! I never knew that was a feature! I always had everyone muted because I didn't want my mom hearing people swearing over Live xD
I think it should be included, but I wouldn't expect the game to suddenly be full of people talking like the Halo 2/3 days. It is a feature I would 100% turn off.

If people want to make friends, more power to them. I personally am not looking for the social interaction with gamers that I thought was neat back in 2004-2008.
Cyro XVX wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
Ohhh! That sounds really cool! I never knew that was a feature! I always had everyone muted because I didn't want my mom hearing people swearing over Live xD
Lmao yeah I remember getting yelled at few times for swearing while trash talking back in H2.
Mongerty wrote:
I think it should be included, but I wouldn't expect the game to suddenly be full of people talking like the Halo 2/3 days. It is a feature I would 100% turn off.

If people want to make friends, more power to them. I personally am not looking for the social interaction with gamers that I thought was neat back in 2004-2008.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't expect a lot of people coming out of party chat. But social butterflies like me would definitely come out from hiding.
Abe Linkn wrote:
Cyro XVX wrote:
It was mostly in effect when you had just been killed by someone.

They could then idly chat to you while T-bagging or enacting other forms of corpse debasing.

As you can imagine it was far from the most intellectual of musings.
Abe Linkn wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
Constant vulgarity, expletives, and harassment is not my idea of a good time. I'll stick with party chat.
There is some toxic people but there are also awesome people just gotta mute all the haters
Sadly no, there is a lot of toxic players. If I'm not in party chat I still here obscenities on a regular basis in games like CoD almost everytime I get the better of a player, you can hear the player you kill if not in party chat, and my son sometimes gets hate messages from Halo gamers because he's good at the game.

Allowing proximity chat and lobby / game chat would just give the toxic ones a bigger platform. I can't see it returning in Halo, if it does I expect most will remain in party. I do sometimes ask in lobbies on CoD if anyone has a mic. Sometimes I get a pleasant yes, or hey there, how are you. Sometimes it not so pleasant.

Party chat did kill lobby chat. But the toxic ones ruined it for you. Back in the days of Halo 2 the lobby chat was pretty disgusting a lot of the time, decent players don't miss the filth that many spewed imo. I expect it was those toxic players that played a part in party chat becoming a thing. Players want to chill and play with friends.

They do not want to be verbally abused by the opposing team. Swearing with someone and trash talking is one thing, attacking and abusing others verbally is not. That's where the problem lies, you don't know the age, race, or religion of the other team or player, so anything being said in jest might not be getting received that way.
Yes, that's the internet for you. It's the reason we have party chat too, no need to let them be water off my back, I can simply mute lobby or go into party chat. They will never get a reaction from me. I don't stereotype either, I'm simply not interested in the disgusting ways some players find to insult one another, there is nothing funny about racist, homophobic, sexist, religious and other derogatory slurs.... Or "trash talk" as some like to call it.
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Abe Linkn wrote:

Yes, that's the internet for you. It's the reason we have party chat too, no need to let them be water off my back, I can simply mute lobby or go into party chat. They will never get a reaction from me. I don't stereotype either, I'm simply not interested in the disgusting ways some players find to insult one another, there is nothing funny about racist, homophobic, sexist, religious and other derogatory slurs.... Or "trash talk" as some like to call it.
Whatever floats your boat
This would be awesome and hilarious
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2