Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please don't add Mid-assassination kills

OP xxSPRIFTxx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In custom games with snail assassinations, or just in regular matches, people (Including teammates) kill me while im assassinating someone (My chosen assassination is kind of longish) and I see no functional purpose for this and would not like to see it in Infinite.
Assassinations have their risks, mainly big animation locked and vulnerability as a result. The reward is a flashy kill. Assassination should always have that risk-reward though. Adding invulnerability during the animation removes the risk and prevents team saves.
At least higher health during the animation, im sick of never getting assassinations due to toxic pros
I think assassinations definitely need that risk factor to them, and taking away the ability for you to be killed by enemies during it would be a bad idea. It’s so awesome when I’m being assassinated and then I get saved by a teammate before the animation finishes. I do agree with you that teammates killing you during your assassination is awful. But honestly Halo has always had friendly fire and if your teammates are killing you during your assassinations then that just means they are just jerks. I guess a simple solution would be that your teammates wouldn’t be able to damage you during your assassination but then they could always just shoot the enemy you are killing to take your assassination anyway. The vast majority of the time people won’t take your assassinations so it’s best not to let the few bad apples take away from you continuing to try to assassinate people.
Assassinations carry risks and should, they are also completely optional as you can still get the melee kill without an assassination. That is the way it has been since they were introduced, even in campaigns you can be killed if you choose to do an assassination at the wrong time.
Right same with me... I would like to have assassinations to be invulnerable. The only invulnerability that it should keep is for animations. When you finish your assassinations you should be left vulnerable to everyone. Happened with me in reach I did assassination on 2 guys and my teammate would lazily come and one punch melee them in assassinations.... It was fun but sometimes it can be frustrating that your teammates are stealing your kills.
Assassinations don't add anything for pulling them off, so there's really no reason to even go for them.

I think there should be a benefit to assassinating someone. Like adding 3 seconds to the respawn time for the person who gets assassinated. Then there's at least a risk-reward in going for them.

It would also add value to team mates trying to stop assassinations too!
Assassinations don't add anything for pulling them off, so there's really no reason to even go for them.

I think there should be a benefit to assassinating someone. Like adding 3 seconds to the respawn time for the person who gets assassinated. Then there's at least a risk-reward in going for them.

It would also add value to team mates trying to stop assassinations too!
I like that idea, assassination really shouldn't have invulnerability because it would be awful to just watch and wait as your teamate get assassinated so that you can get revenge for his death.

(Also, does Halo have a medal for saving someone from assassination? if not, they should add one)
YukiryuFR wrote:
(Also, does Halo have a medal for saving someone from assassination? if not, they should had one)
Show Stopper...
Keep the assassination in first person, and make it way quicker 2-3 seconds but something still really cool.
We can tap melee to skip the animation in risky situations and just do a beat down instead
inherent danger, by the same logic we should be invulnerable when taking a man cannon, doesnt work like that. Its a risk-reward trade off, you are supposed to be vulnerable when locked in an assassination animation. People should really take a moment to think rather than complain at the first thing they dont like/agree with
No they should stay. Makes the assassination more rewarding.
I totally agree. I play Halo 5 a lot, and my chosen assassination is the Kickoff. For those who haven't seen it, you stick your knife into the enemies neck, and then you kick them. The spin-around takes a bit longer though, and getting assassinations just to have your teammates steal them is so frustrating. I do think that kill steals are annoying, however you don't need invulnerability, as that prevents team saves.
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
At least higher health during the animation, im sick of never getting assassinations due to toxic pros
Jus don assassinate, simple.
I disagree. it's your decision to assassinate. There's no way to defend against it - so it's a guaranteed kill unless interrupted. It'd be too powerful if you're invuln.
I love shooting at the player being assassinated and stealing the kill. :D
Perhaps it can be an option in Customs to make players invulnerable during the animation. This should not be a thing in matchmade games though. I have saved and been saved by teammates on many occasions and each one was awesome.
Nah, the system is perfect the way it is. If you go for an assassination, you should know the situation that you're putting yourself into. Invulnerability or higher health would ruin the risk-reward factor and makes the showstopper medal impossible to get. Although, the only thing I would change is that if a teammate kills the person that you are assassinating after you've delivered the killing blow, you will still receive the assassination, and your teammate would get an assist or maybe something new, like an assassin assist medal. Can't kill a dead person in a sense. But if your teammate kills them before the blow, then you would receive an assist and your teammate would get the kill, plus the yoink medal.
Sometimes you got to get that clutch rescue for your teammate, they even have a medal for it, showstopper
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2