Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

PLEASE DONT KILL MASTER CHIEF OFF.

OP THE GAM3RK1NG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Killing chief would end the happyness for HALO fans.
I doubt they will, they seem focused on making Chief the main focus for future Halo titles so it wouldn't make sense to kill him off.
Even if Chief died my "happiness" for Halo wouldn't go away. Franchise is bigger than him.
Even if Chief died my "happiness" for Halo wouldn't go away. Franchise is bigger than him.
I reckon you've just summed up the silent majority of Halo consumers.
This. I love the Chief, but at some point I think it'd be better to retire the character altogether than to recast his voice role in any future game.
They’re not going to kill Master Chief. It was considerable earlier but he’s worth far too much money. That’s why they brought Cortana back in H5
K27R wrote:
They’re not going to kill Master Chief. It was considerable earlier but he’s worth far too much money. That’s why they brought Cortana back in H5
At the expense of a high among of negative criticism over that choice.
The master Chief is one of the biggest, best marketable and popular characters in gaming history. He won't go anywhere, don't worry.
I doubt they'll kill him. He's one of the most iconic characters in gaming.
I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon, especially due to the Halo 5 campaign being poorly-received because Chief was secondary for much of it. 343 said Chief will be the focus of Infinite. Despite its faults, Halo is still a cash cow for Microsoft (not only the games but the novels and merchandise) and to kill off the face of the franchise is foolish. I don't think most Halo fans have Chief fatigue just yet, so I think 343 will keep riding out his story.
ronnie42 wrote:
I doubt they will, they seem focused on making Chief the main focus for future Halo titles so it wouldn't make sense to kill him off.
I agree with you on that one. I believe he's gonna be around for awhile. Taking him out now wouldn't make any sense except disappoint a bunch of Master Chief fans is all.
If they do retire, kill or digitize the Chief I hope they usher Jerome into his place. At least we will have a Spartan II still and with his cryo sleep he has aged much less than the Chief, thus him having many years left to fight. Hopefully they don't get rid of the Chief, but if so, Jerome would be a worthy replacement.
King38Ace wrote:
If they do retire, kill or digitize the Chief I hope they usher Jerome into his place. At least we will have a Spartan II still and with his cryo sleep he has aged much less than the Chief, thus him having many years left to fight. Hopefully they don't get rid of the Chief, but if so, Jerome would be a worthy replacement.
I think so too. Jerome, Alice and Douglas are 20 years younger than their comrades. I think they would be the best replacement for Chief and I would absolutely love to play as him in FPS.
most likely not killing him off
Uuv wrote:
This. I love the Chief, but at some point I think it'd be better to retire the character altogether than to recast his voice role in any future game.
Or the voice of chief can sell his voice before he dies so they can use chief for ever.
Uuv wrote:
Or the voice of chief can sell his voice before he dies so they can use chief for ever.
That doesn't exactly make it easy to write a new story alongside new dialogue for the Chief. Sure, they can re-use his voice lines for certain aspects of the game, like how Reach provided him as a Firefight voice, but how are you supposed to create new dialogue moving forward story wise?
Uuv wrote:
Uuv wrote:
That doesn't exactly make it easy to write a new story alongside new dialogue for the Chief. Sure, they can re-use his voice lines for certain aspects of the game, like how Reach provided him as a Firefight voice, but how are you supposed to create new dialogue moving forward story wise?
IDK but I looked it up and they can do it. IDK how it works though.
Uuv wrote:
Uuv wrote:
If you don't have the voice actor to provide the voice, then you can't have additional new dialogue, unless you want them to string together sentences haphazardly using previously existing dialogue, which sounds awful.
Uuv wrote:
Uuv wrote:
Uuv wrote:
If you don't have the voice actor to provide the voice, then you can't have additional new dialogue, unless you want them to string together sentences haphazardly using previously existing dialogue, which sounds awful.
IDK how but they can do it. look it up.
I think it would be a cruel disservice to John, making him fight relentlessly. I would like to see something like John being buried back on Earth, and Cortana saying something like "I never wanted it to come to this, but I suppose, you can't really die....... Spartans never die."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2