Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

PLEASE DONT KILL MASTER CHIEF OFF.

OP THE GAM3RK1NG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think it would be a cruel disservice to John, making him fight relentlessly. I would like to see something like John being buried back on Earth, and Cortana saying something like "I never wanted it to come to this, but I suppose, you can't really die....... Spartans never die."
Keep that traitorous AI away from anything related to John, even a possible funeral.
I think it would be a cruel disservice to John, making him fight relentlessly. I would like to see something like John being buried back on Earth, and Cortana saying something like "I never wanted it to come to this, but I suppose, you can't really die....... Spartans never die."
Keep that traitorous AI away from anything related to John, even a possible funeral.
lol ummmmm ok...
i don't think they should kill him off but i think master chief should go mia and in cryosleep and then we play as Jerome for a few games fighting a war against the banished, killing atriox and then after that master chief should return and destroy the flood and save the universe one last time.

Jerome wins the war. Master chief saves the universe ( that's how I think it should go lol)
I don't think this would happen, 343 has learned to be a lot more careful about major character deaths I think. Master Chief, although he obviously isn't the only character to be played as in Halo, is Halo in a sense. 343 basically said that he has the DNA of a messiah in Halo 4, essentially. While I do think it is possible, if not likely he will die in a main Halo eventually. This won't happen for a while though, at least not until 343 and microsoft are able to create or use a new face for the franchise that can be anywhere near as iconic as Master Chief, and even then they'd probably be too scared to pull the trigger. The majority of the community doesn't want to see Chief die (or at least I hope so), and considering I can't think of another spartan with such an iconic and marketable helmet, I think he'll be alright.
The majority of the community doesn't want to see Chief die (or at least I hope so), and considering I can't think of another spartan with such an iconic and marketable helmet, I think he'll be alright.
I think Jerome-092 could take Chief's mantle. 20 years younger, a lot of potential, both are Spartan-IIs and both have very similar armors, except that Jerome's technically inferior, but it's still a good looking helmet.
until 343 and microsoft are able to create or use a new face for the franchise that can be anywhere near as iconic as Master Chief, and even then they'd probably be too scared to pull the trigger.
I agree with you there, 343i needs a new face before they give MC a Break, I say break because you just can't kill off the main appeal of the Halo series.
If they want us to invest in a new character, they such built a character with the community. yes I know that sounds crazy but hear me out, Years ago Mass effect wanted to select a face for their female version of Shepard, I remember they posted a few pics on there facebook page and people voted for what they like the most. I think 343i should go this route and build a character with the community
I remember a while ago that they stated they want to wrap up the story arc for Master Chief with Halo 6 (now Halo Infinite), so anything can happen. He could retire, he could die, or maybe they 180 altogether and keep using his character. We won't know.
Even if Chief died my "happiness" for Halo wouldn't go away. Franchise is bigger than him.
Considering you kidnap children from their parents I'm not surprised, Doctor!
NightClerk wrote:
Even if Chief died my "happiness" for Halo wouldn't go away. Franchise is bigger than him.
Considering you kidnap children from their parents I'm not surprised, Doctor!
It pays the bills.
I would not like that they kill Chief but in some point of the story of Halo, it is going to be necesary to kill him
I'd agrue that the attachment to Chief limits the possibility of the Halo games at times. There is so much more to Halo than Master Chief.

That said, if they do kill him off they better make me weep with how cinematic it is. Anything less would disappoint me.
I care about story and game play, not one sole character within halo. I have seen enough of john, i wouldnt mind seeing him go. And If it made sense and worked, i would be ok with him dieing.

Hey you have to admit, any halo game where you get to see him die would sell pretty well. People would want to see what hapens and how he dies.
Uuv wrote:
This. I love the Chief, but at some point I think it'd be better to retire the character altogether than to recast his voice role in any future game.
Or the voice of chief can sell his voice before he dies so they can use chief for ever.
What?

Killing chief would end the happyness for HALO fans.
Not exactly. i actually would want another game like Reach Or ODST where it's a character we can fully customize.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2