PLEASE DONT KILL MASTER CHIEF OFF.

OP THE GAM3RK1NG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Maybe he’ll just go MIA at the end of infinite like in halo 3
Although it could happen (or he retires, hmm), I don't see it happening quite yet. Also if they ever did, they would have to find a dam good replacement.
Jerome-092 and Isabel. Douglas and Alice too, but oh well =).
Those characters from the novels? Im not to familiar with the lore.
Halo Wars. They get more character in Halo Wars 2 where Isabel is also introduced.
I never played the Halo Wars games. It would be cool to have some characters cross over to infinite.
Although it could happen (or he retires, hmm), I don't see it happening quite yet. Also if they ever did, they would have to find a dam good replacement.
Halo Wars. They get more character in Halo Wars 2 where Isabel is also introduced.
I never played the Halo Wars games. It would be cool to have some characters cross over to infinite.
343 did say that Halo Wars 2 would influence Infinite, so it isn't that far-fetched.
If you don't own an Xbox, both are available on PC. Halo Wars on both Windows Store and Steam and HW2 on Windows Store only. Halo Wars is very simple for an RTS. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I think it was the first ever RTS for console. Extremely simple. HW2 is faster-paced and way more complex. I had a great experience.
343 did say that Halo Wars 2 would influence Infinite, so it isn't that far-fetched.
If you don't own an Xbox, both are available on PC. Halo Wars on both Windows Store and Steam and HW2 on Windows Store only. Halo Wars is very simple for an RTS. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I think it was the first ever RTS for console. Extremely simple. HW2 is faster-paced and way more complex. I had a great experience.
I played the demo for the first HW, but wasn't my cup of tea. Heard they were both good though!
Chief should have died at the end of 3.

Eh I should be more clear....He and Cortana should have been vaporized at the end. As much as I like what was done with Chief and Cortana in H4, it would have freed up a lot more ground for being creative for 343 down the road. Plus I wouldn't have to deal with another BS AI rebel storyline. Seriously tired of those.
They won't. What I don't get is this hysteria for killing him off, like that's somehow going to solve anything. The problem isn't the main character; Master Chief isn't mysteriously holding back all of this untapped, amazing storytelling—Spartan Ops and Osiris proved this. The problem is the writing and 343's insistence that they need to turn Halo into their own thing. What could make less sense than taking something which's essentially universally cherished, puting it on ice for a few years, then bringing it back with radical alterations and doubling down on those alterations despite the fact that nobody likes them? Everybody's a genius in hindsight, but you didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict that 343 were about to screw themselves right out of the gate.
Even if Chief died my "happiness" for Halo wouldn't go away. Franchise is bigger than him.
Halo is alot bigger than Just Chief but he is still a big piece for alot of people. If 343 finish's this current story with Chief in Halo Infinite to completion with no terrible cliffhangers, it would be nice to see games about other character's (even Locke if they flesh him out a ton and make him likeable to those who don't like him) but personally I would love to see a game about Thel' Vadam or another group of ODSTs.
His story has to end at some point. We can't have 20 more years of Halo with an 80 year old MC.
BANGHART wrote:
If they gave him a great sendoff, I think it would be beautiful.
Any other way and I'm totally with you, they shouldn't kill the chief. Only when they've mastered the ability to make you sad that Chief's gone.
uhhh you mean the ending of halo 3??
I mean exactly the ending of Halo 3.
Buuut we've been over that for a good, how long has it been, 5 years now?
It's too late, can't go back now.
They better do a sendoff ten times better than that to get the attention of the people they need to.
I believe they will eventually kill him off. Just not in infinite. 343 got a lot of dislike due to the lack of the chief and focus on Locke on H5. Probably would keep him alive for now and kill him off at the end of the saga imo
Don't kill me... Yet
I think Chief deserves to end ambiguously, like in Halo 3. But not it Infinite. After halo 5’s rubbish story, he deserves more time to shine before his end.
You know there are a bunch of others spartans out there, right? The chief we knew already died in 2007 or 2012, take your pick.
I woudnt care if he died, i just want a good game. I liked halo 3 odst, reach, wars 1 and 2. All of which didnt focus on john.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3