Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please for the love of blank

OP X11 XOMAN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If they're not going to allow us to upgrade how much ammo the weapons can hold and how much extra you the player can carry at least have different variants of weapons that can hold more ammo
X11 XOMAN wrote:
If they're not going to allow us to upgrade how much ammo the weapons can hold and how much extra you the player can carry at least have different variants of weapons that can hold more ammo
When did they say that? Or is this just speculation?
I think none of this has actually been confirmed. I think we will have to wait for E3 to be sure.
I think none of this has actually been confirmed. I think we will have to wait for E3 to be sure.
I was pretty sure good I heard somewhere that the upgrade system is going to be for equipment only which to me is a little bit of a let down if you're going to have an upgrade system in a game then have it to where you can upgrade more than just your equipment I will have it to where you could upgrade your weapons and your equipment
Yeah, they left information about the upgrade system extremely vague. The Inside Infinite post it was mentioned in said they did not go the route of making weapons customizable like the gunsmith in call of duty or make a crafting system like you would find in games like skyrim or minecraft.
Yeah, they left information about the upgrade system extremely vague. The Inside Infinite post it was mentioned in said they did not go the route of making weapons customizable like the gunsmith in call of duty or make a crafting system like you would find in games like skyrim or minecraft.
I know people don't want Halo to be like Call of Duty but being able to upgrade how much ammo you can carry with you and how much ammo the gun can hold are only slight upgrades and it's not like I'm talking about upgrading it to something ridiculous and I'm not quite sure if the flood are returning but if they do I would like a shotgun that can hold more than five rounds and now I can carry more than 20 extra for
I would hope they have weapon variants like Halo 5, or other armor boosters. In Halo 5, every standard weapon has an upgraded ammo variant, and there is an armor booster that upgrades magazine ammo and reserve ammo. Maybe there is something in the upgrades, like Doom 4.
They have confirmed there will be some weapon variants, but my sense from the announcement was it won't be to the same extent as halo 5's variant system. Within campaign I think weapon ammo management is going to be an important feature of how you approach certain situations. From reading Shadows of Reach, they make a clear point of noting how limiting ammo supplies can be for Spartans in hostile territory.

Fundamentally that's still pretty core to the Halo set of mechanics. Upgradable weapons would have been a big departure and would likely have seen people just develop metas just within Campaign and even MP. The one difference we will see with Infinite is the potential for them to vary a weapon's ammo capacity (and other characteristics) between MP and Campaign for balance reasons which will enable them to ensure that tweaking one doesn't wreck the other.

X11 XOMAN wrote:
I know people don't want Halo to be like Call of Duty but being able to upgrade how much ammo you can carry with you and how much ammo the gun can hold are only slight upgrades and it's not like I'm talking about upgrading it to something ridiculous and I'm not quite sure if the flood are returning but if they do I would like a shotgun that can hold more than five rounds and now I can carry more than 20 extra for
Aren't you literally describing the Bulldog there?
What I don't understand as well is how the system will work with how far in the campaign you are. If you continue your previous save you have your upgrades but what if you load a certain level ? Do you get all the upgrades you're supposed to have at this point or do you have to start from zero ?

As many are saying, we will have to wait for more infos.
I'm still salty about the removal of the classic pistol and shotgun.
I'm even saltier about their replacements being totally bland.
Sorry, had to say it. Couldn't help myself.
We know so little in stone about infinite, other than there's a campaign.
Worst option would be paid dlc for upgrades not using ingame xp or currency
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I was pretty sure good I heard somewhere that the upgrade system is going to be for equipment only which to me is a little bit of a let down if you're going to have an upgrade system in a game then have it to where you can upgrade more than just your equipment I will have it to where you could upgrade your weapons and your equipment
I totally understand that man!! Let's see what E3 has to offer for us. Hopefully more info about this topic.
Maybe just equipment upgrades? We'll have to wait for E3 for more information.
MorseyBaby wrote:
They have confirmed there will be some weapon variants, but my sense from the announcement was it won't be to the same extent as halo 5's variant system. Within campaign I think weapon ammo management is going to be an important feature of how you approach certain situations. From reading Shadows of Reach, they make a clear point of noting how limiting ammo supplies can be for Spartans in hostile territory.

Fundamentally that's still pretty core to the Halo set of mechanics. Upgradable weapons would have been a big departure and would likely have seen people just develop metas just within Campaign and even MP. The one difference we will see with Infinite is the potential for them to vary a weapon's ammo capacity (and other characteristics) between MP and Campaign for balance reasons which will enable them to ensure that tweaking one doesn't wreck the other.

Agreed.

Halo has always been a game that forces you to adjust as you progress, conserve ammo where you can and constantly swapping load outs on the fly. Part of the fun is learning where drops are in a given play space and planning your approach most efficiently, finding where and when to use the big gun against the big enemies.
Yanceee wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Agreed.

Halo has always been a game that forces you to adjust as you progress, conserve ammo where you can and constantly swapping load outs on the fly. Part of the fun is learning where drops are in a given play space and planning your approach most efficiently, finding where and when to use the big gun against the big enemies.
Yes but running out of ammo to often gets annoying the ammo capacity needs to be upgraded to at least Halo 3 level the. Human and Promethean Shotgun is pathetic and I would have hated having a shot gun like that in Halo CE while fighting the flood I mean for the love of blank we have shotguns now and days that can hold more than 5 rounds I think there's one that can hold 16 if I'm not mistaken and I a standard human being can carry more than 20 extra rounds so in
Halo CE a game that takes place 500 years into the future a shotgun should be able to hold more than 5 rounds and a Spartan should be able to carry more than 20 extra with regards to the shotgun we have the technology
Upgrades would unbalance mp and limit you in campaign. It could feel like Halo 4's loadout system which was terrible, and part of the fun of campaign is improvising when a plan goes awry
OH HELL NAW !!

Loadouts and Upgradable weapons in PvE is understandable, but that CoD mechanic should STAY AWAY from PvP playlists !!!!
Upgrades would unbalance mp and limit you in campaign. It could feel like Halo 4's loadout system which was terrible, and part of the fun of campaign is improvising when a plan goes awry
So you must like crappy weapons we had a crap ton of ammo in halo ce and it didn't feel unbalanced to me I thought it was perfect in campaign
Definitely a hard pass on weapon upgrades. Even starts are a big part of balance for competitive Halo matches and the fun of campaign is picking the right tools for the job.

I could however see an argument for a slightly higher standard ammo capacity in campaign, just so long as it’s not enough that you can just use one gun to carry you through a whole level.
I don't mind having upgraded weapons in the campaign. But for mp, I think everyone should start with the same weapon, then there could be weapon variants or custom weapons found on the map available for everyone.
X11 XOMAN wrote:
So you must like crappy weapons we had a crap ton of ammo in halo ce and it didn't feel unbalanced to me I thought it was perfect in campaign
Trust me, it's unbalanced because lack of needing to collect ammo or a new weapon. And I don't think the weapons need unnecessary and unrealistic amounts of ammo to be good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2