1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
I don't really care, I think both classic and the armor abilities are fun. But it does annoy me when people say that armor abilities are unhalo when, fun fact halo 2 was going to have sprint but it was cut from the game for some reason. And if was in the halo 2 they wouldn't be complaing about it.
The reasons as to why the sprint was cut could be thought of but since im not a mindreader i cant say facts about it so i wont say much. Though i have heard it was cut because of pacing issues (at least partly), cant say for sure though so i just leave it as a mention.

As for a second thing, i doubt you are a psychic either so i dont get as to why you would make assumptions of a branch of a whole community like that.

Im not saying it wouldnt be the case, im just saying that it could have been either way or mixed and assumptions are just empty statements.
Halo 5 is a fun game, I' am not denying it, but I'm a hardcore Halo fan since CE and I miss how Halo used to be. I feel the only spartan abilities that should stay is sprint and clamber, because those are necessary for casual and competitive play. All the other abilities like ground pound and spartan charge need to go, or they can leave them in social playlists so casuals and new players can enjoy. But Halo Infinite needs to go back to their roots. Halo 3 was good back in the day, but I do not want sprint to go away, it would be slow gameplay and I don't want that.
I don't really care, I think both classic and the armor abilities are fun. But it does annoy me when people say that armor abilities are unhalo when, fun fact halo 2 was going to have sprint but it was cut from the game for some reason. And if was in the halo 2 they wouldn't be complaing about it.
As for a second thing, i doubt you are a psychic either so i dont get as to why you would make assumptions of a branch of a whole community like that.

Im not saying it wouldnt be the case, im just saying that it could have been either way or mixed and assumptions are just empty statements.
I know you are right and I probably shouldn't just assume everybody would like it if it was in halo 2, because who knows maybe everybody would still hate it. I just thought maybe if it was in the game when many of the fans were younger they would of thought it was cool.
Make the game classic. Throw Spartan Abilities in as map pick ups and allow multiple to be equipped in customs.

Remove sprint and up the base movement speed. Remove ADS. It has no place in Halo.
This pretty much sums me up.

I think AA or SA or whatever, would play better if they we're map pick ups. I'm not big on playing the MLG/HCS playlist (don't mind watching a bit though) but when Halo Reach made AA as map pick ups in the MLG playlist, things played a heck of a lot better. Also I couldn't agree more on removing the ADS style zooming. It's beyond terrible!!
Halo 5 is a fun game, I' am not denying it, but I'm a hardcore Halo fan since CE and I miss how Halo used to be. I feel the only spartan abilities that should stay is sprint and clamber, because those are necessary for casual and competitive play. All the other abilities like ground pound and spartan charge need to go, or they can leave them in social playlists so casuals and new players can enjoy. But Halo Infinite needs to go back to their roots. Halo 3 was good back in the day, but I do not want sprint to go away, it would be slow gameplay and I don't want that.
Sprint doesnt really make the game fast, its all in the head. Running in games is basically just animation.
Some old games had higher base speed (especially when the character was supposed to be a sort of supersoldier) which meant moving fast while still being able to shoot and perform other tasks.
As for such being necessity, i wouldnt think so, its just one of the widely used mechanics but not a necessity. Unless you meant that as in a necessity for you to play the game which would leave a lot of good games you wouldnt play. Though you could possibly mean your preference but with rather misleading wording.

But the point is that games can be fast paced without sprint. Its just a matter of development choices.
I Enjoy halo far more with armor and spartan ability’s. They add a nice depth to the game, and halo 5’s spartan ability’s add an amazing amount of control for custom games, admitidly my main draw for halo. To see them destroyed to make way for a more “classic” feel makes my skin crawl a bit, so please keep Somthing like either, or maybe even mash them together. I see no reason our armor can’t support both together.
Agree. If they get rid of abilities and go full classic, I ain’t buying. I’ll just watch LTN run the campaign.
I think they should build up on classic gameplay and add 2 or 3 abilities that dont interfere with the golden halo triangle.
I agree but I think they should do away with speed boost and replace it with the bubble shield from either halo 3 or halo reach, ah remember when people thought you couldn't drive through them or forgot they had bubble shield and not armor lock? Fun times!
I'm just surprised that 343i cant finds a balance between out school and new. You have all the previous assets from Bungie why not add them in halo infinite.. but what do I know, I'm just a gamer who happens to love Halo.
I'm just surprised that 343i cant finds a balance between out school and new. You have all the previous assets from Bungie why not add them in halo infinite.
The impression that I got from 343 especially after H4 came out was that they don't want to be in Bungie's shadow. It could be one explanation for why there were so many changes to things that didn't need to be changed. Not being able to drop the flag, no more red X's, instant respawns, no more descoping, etc. etc.. In their defense though, there's a lot of things in the original games to choose from so trying to figure out what to use could be overwhelming, but my advice would be to use CE as a base.
The problem with 343 is that they changed Halo for the sake of change, and didnt take the "if it aint broke dont fix it"
The way I see it, halo is too far gone to fully revert to classic settings. We need a healthy balance between old and new conventions. Just look at doom, how they expand the old methods. They get a thruster pack and EVERYONE looses their minds. What we need is a good setup. Somthing that keeps the spirit of halo, but offers some feeling of flexibility and power. Somthing we can improve on with each halo without taking anything away. What do you gentlemen have in mind?
My MAIN request is for halo infinite to keep these AS AN OPTION for forge and custom games above all else.
I wouldn't mind limiting these things to custom games, but haven't we already done this in the past with sprint? In Halo 3, you could increase the speed of the player (oh, hey, there's sprint). Half the work is already done.
You people keep being so insistent on a barebones, “CLASSIC” approach,and that’s fine and understandable. But i’ve Never been one to wallow in nostalgia.
Why do you think that is? I could go on all day about the topic, but I assure you, none of my arguments point to nostalgia.

This debate as a whole reminds me of the recent controversy surrounding Idris Elba/James Bond. Okay, but that would be like making Gandalf black or Inspector Lee from Rush Hour Latino. It's not that we don't want a black Gandalf. It just isn't the right franchise (or character) to -Yoink- with.

Here's a perfect example: The films Salt and Proud Mary. Both are very similar in nature. Instead of making Salt black and changing the story a little, they made its own brand. I enjoyed both and I don't feel like one was trying too hard to be like the other.

So why not make a new game with these abilities and call it something other than Halo? I don't get why every game has to copy the current trends regardless of whether or not it hurts the source material (and when it comes to Halo, it does hurt the source material). This isn't "progress" or "change". At worst, it's blatant plagiarism at the expense of the fans.
some one told me guns up sprint, doesn't that sound cool?
since there us a split in the community, they should put alll abilities in casual playlists and only clamber and thrusters in competitive
I don't think there should be any distinction between playlists. You are either playing Halo or you are not. Halo Infinite is taking place after the events of Halo 5. There were improvements made to MJOLNIR armor since Master Chief's little trip to Requiem. So, there are two things we all need to be realistic about. One is that Spartans are genetically altered humans wearing fusion-powered armor. Therefore, they have abilities normal humans do not possess. Beyond that, the powered armor gives them additional abilities.

A Spartan's abilities would be the movement-enhancement things like run, jump, melee, sprint, charge, slide, clamor... things that you would expect any human character should be able to do, yet in an enhanced manner because your character is extra strong and wearing fusion-powered armor. Armor Abilities are things that require the armor. In most cases this involves the thruster pack, which was on Master Chief's original armor but inoperable. It stands to reason that if you are a soldier and you have a thruster pack that's part of your fighting uniform, you would then learn how to fight using the thruster pack. Master Chief, being a Spartan II, was trained as a Marine, and all UNSC Marines were trained to fight in zero gravity. Wearing thruster packs. I can't (and won't) defend any of the current Armor Abilities. I don't hate any of them. I just don't use the ones that I don't care for.

I'm not aware that any player at any time is forced to use any ability they don't like, or any ability at all for that matter. The consternation seems to be that the other person might use an ability and defeat you, and that's not fair, so no one should have abilities. The justification for this is the quest for a fair match, so what we end up with is a dual system where you have matches were everyone has all abilities, and matches where no one does. Then we label one way the "serious" way and the other way as the "playful" way. If you play Halo using abilities, you can't possibly be serious.

I believe Halo Infinite should seriously not try to reproduce Halo 3. All the "serious" players learned by playing Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3. Anyone that wants to be "serious" can follow that example playing the exact same games the Pros learned with. The NEW game should reflect what is considered current in the Halo Universe. That means there are Spartan IIs, Spartan IIIs, and Spartan IVs out there with different levels of Armor Abilities, but with more or less the same Spartan Abilities. Halo Infinite does not need to be the recruiting platform for HCS contestants. The Master Chief Collection seems to be much better suited for that. The only playlists Halo Infinite needs are Regular and Custom. Regular will have everything that is in the campaign. Period. Custom will have other versions. Bungie put Forge in as part of Halo specifically so that players could design and play Halo games themselves, because the community made it quite clear to Bungie that they believed they were better at it than Bungie was. In many cases they were right.

Maybe those playlists should be 343's Way and Your Way.
If it was custom games/forge only then fine but most of them tend to be gimmicks that just generally frustrates most of the Halo community.
I don't think there should be any distinction between playlists. You are either playing Halo or you are not. Halo Infinite is taking place after the events of Halo 5. There were improvements made to MJOLNIR armor since Master Chief's little trip to Requiem. So, there are two things we all need to be realistic about. One is that Spartans are genetically altered humans wearing fusion-powered armor. Therefore, they have abilities normal humans do not possess. Beyond that, the powered armor gives them additional abilities.

A Spartan's abilities would be the movement-enhancement things like run, jump, melee, sprint, charge, slide, clamor... things that you would expect any human character should be able to do, yet in an enhanced manner because your character is extra strong and wearing fusion-powered armor. Armor Abilities are things that require the armor. In most cases this involves the thruster pack, which was on Master Chief's original armor but inoperable. It stands to reason that if you are a soldier and you have a thruster pack that's part of your fighting uniform, you would then learn how to fight using the thruster pack. Master Chief, being a Spartan II, was trained as a Marine, and all UNSC Marines were trained to fight in zero gravity. Wearing thruster packs. I can't (and won't) defend any of the current Armor Abilities. I don't hate any of them. I just don't use the ones that I don't care for.

I'm not aware that any player at any time is forced to use any ability they don't like, or any ability at all for that matter. The consternation seems to be that the other person might use an ability and defeat you, and that's not fair, so no one should have abilities. The justification for this is the quest for a fair match, so what we end up with is a dual system where you have matches were everyone has all abilities, and matches where no one does. Then we label one way the "serious" way and the other way as the "playful" way. If you play Halo using abilities, you can't possibly be serious.

I believe Halo Infinite should seriously not try to reproduce Halo 3. All the "serious" players learned by playing Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3. Anyone that wants to be "serious" can follow that example playing the exact same games the Pros learned with. The NEW game should reflect what is considered current in the Halo Universe. That means there are Spartan IIs, Spartan IIIs, and Spartan IVs out there with different levels of Armor Abilities, but with more or less the same Spartan Abilities. Halo Infinite does not need to be the recruiting platform for HCS contestants. The Master Chief Collection seems to be much better suited for that. The only playlists Halo Infinite needs are Regular and Custom. Regular will have everything that is in the campaign. Period. Custom will have other versions. Bungie put Forge in as part of Halo specifically so that players could design and play Halo games themselves, because the community made it quite clear to Bungie that they believed they were better at it than Bungie was. In many cases they were right.

Maybe those playlists should be 343's Way and Your Way.
You put it far better than I ever could. Plus think of it like this: lore wise, how many people do you think armor and spartan ability’s have saved, by offering protection, mobility, or an opportunity to strike a killing blow? Realistically, that sort of advantage is FAR to valuable for a serious war effort that can afford that sort of thing. They are already made and battle worthy. Unless you can’t produce more of that sort of thing, the’re is no logical reason to hold that edge back. If anything, they should be getting stronger and expanded with each halo.

think of it like this, as the UNSC..
’’iF IT HURTS, IT WORKS”
Alright, let’s shift gears here a bit. What’s your Favorite ability? If you had to take a few from previous games and add them into infinite, what would you do? I would at least make evade and sprint permanent, along with the spartan scope, stabilizer and clamber. Especially clamber.
Buddy, I don't understand you frankly. You claim you want those abilities to open up more customization options to forge and social, but than you want permanent base mechanics with the exact opposite effect. If you want to give us forge fans more freedom we need the simplest canvas possible to start with. Especially when we're talking about clamber and jet-packs btw. Two of the biggest geometry breaking abilities I've ever seen!^^'

I'm not saying to cut all AAs and SAs from H:I, but it shouldn't be a core feature in competitive mp or campaign either. Those elements are power ups and like every good arena shooter that respect itself power ups should be limited and be pick ups on the map!

That doesn't forbids 343i to make them stuckable or to give uscontrol over usages and durability though. HELL! I want prefixed loadouts back in forge as well frankly! But what I'm gaining at us that Halo should be modular, and you lose that modular freedom that Reach introduced by stockpiling more and more core mechanics.

People claim that Halo feels sluggish without sprint. To be blunt that statement is nonsense. Higher BMS and larger FOV alone would solve the problem and I still have to read a valid counter point to that. Plus we would get the possibility to play around with TPs and man canons, something that died completely with H4. Vehicles would get a more central role once more too.

Not to mention all the problems that would be avoided when it comes to balancing. ADS, aim-assist, damage output of automatic weapons... You can introduce sprint and reduce TKS to avoid most problems in costume, but vice versa is a lot more complicated. That's the main problem of adding more and more core mechanics.

So I ask you, what's the advantage of having them as permanent features in all gametypes in first place?

I say add them as pick ups, make them custom options in forge, reintroduce them as loadouts for specific gametypes like Invasion too. But don't make SAs core mechanics again please!
<p>
I'm not saying to cut all AAs and SAs from H:I, but it shouldn't be a core feature in competitive mp or campaign either. Those elements are power ups and like every good arena shooter that respect itself power ups should be limited and be pick ups on the map!

So I ask you, what's the advantage of having them as permanent features in all gametypes in first place?

I say add them as pick ups, make them custom options in forge, reintroduce them as loadouts for specific gametypes like Invasion too. But don't make SAs core mechanics again please!
Well, Spartans should be able to at least perform as advertised in the campaign.

I don't know if clamber is an ability I should look around on the ground for and hope I get before someone else does. As a Spartan I can't run fast and hit hard unless I find something on the battlefield? As a genetically altered person wearing fusion-powered armor I should hope to be able to unlock my potential by finding things lying around? I should have no innate capabilities beyond what any normal Marine has? I can get my -Yoink- whipped by a Marine if I can't find a Spartan Charge thingy?

Does Halo have to be "like every good arena shooter" and Spartans with abilities means it doesn't respect itself? In the future we don't go to war prepared, we just hope to find what we need when we get there? Is that what they meant by "Combat Evolved?"

I'm not sure if I want all my Halo matches starting out as CoD matches. You're either playing Halo or something else.
<p>

Well, Spartans should be able to at least perform as advertised in the campaign.

I don't know if clamber is an ability I should look around on the ground for and hope I get before someone else does. As a Spartan I can't run fast and hit hard unless I find something on the battlefield? As a genetically altered person wearing fusion-powered armor I should hope to be able to unlock my potential by finding things lying around? I should have no innate capabilities beyond what any normal Marine has? I can get my -Yoink- whipped by a Marine if I can't find a Spartan Charge thingy?

Does Halo have to be "like every good arena shooter" and Spartans with abilities means it doesn't respect itself? In the future we don't go to war prepared, we just hope to find what we need when we get there? Is that what they meant by "Combat Evolved?"

I'm not sure if I want all my Halo matches starting out as CoD matches. You're either playing Halo or something else.
Halo never was nor ever will be an effective "Spartan Simulator." Chasing that ideal will never get you anywhere close. Where would it end? When Spartans can go prone? Engage in protracted CQC melee combat? Utilize cover mechanics? Lean Around corners? It just keeps going.

Call me crazy, but I already felt like a super soldier, what with the punching 9ft space gorillas in the face, flipping over overturned vehicles single handedly, casually moving at 15 MPH while shooting with pinpoint accuracy, jumping 7ft into the air on the like its nothing, and oh yeah, constantly engaging dozens of enemies alone and coming out the victor time and time again. But who am I kidding? That's just normal Marine stuff.......

You are right though, I wouldn't want to go around searching for bog standards like clamber either, I'd much rather find a Jetpack on the map than that, in fact I'd rather have the option to find a Jetpack on a map that have the ability to clamber 24/7.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8