Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please let us vote-kick players in MP

OP FatherlyNick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This being a Free-to-play game, we can expect the levels of shenanigans to surpass that of MCC.

We need to be able to votekick idlers, spawn killers and griefers in Infinite.
Hopefully they have built some in-game tools into Infinite... specifically for identifying the tools.

It shouldn't be hard to identify someone who is specifically targeting team-mates... warn them... and then kick them.
I agree, such systems should become more standard you would imagine. I am a bit ignorant of the tech side though and I know that it is quite often that simple request can quickly become complicated when algorithms are involved
I would prefer an automated system to detect this kinda thing. Vote kick will be abused to hell to create even more shenanigans.
Automated system in matchmaking. Player voting is a terrible idea.
Automated system in matchmaking. Player voting is a terrible idea.
maybe start a vote after a betrayal?
I would prefer an automated system to detect this kinda thing. Vote kick will be abused to hell to create even more shenanigans.
My thoughts too. As good of an idea this is, it's going to be used for the all the wrong reasons and get abused. In the end we're going to complain about it like how we may complain we didn't have this option to begin with. So in the end I would prefer not to have it at all.
I just want a decent automated AFK kicker. 30 seconds AFK and you're gone.
There is already a system in Halo 5 where if someone betrays you too many times an option pops up to kick that player or not. In terms of an AFK timer it might be a bit tricky but the one they have in Halo 5 right now seems to do the job most of the time. A voting system to kick players would probably just lead to more toxicity rather than less. I could see a system like that being abused where players who are really trying their best but are doing bad get voted out of games constantly, thereby turning away the average player even more.
If it gets added just like how it works in CSGO, it will be abused to hell. What can work is this: When someone kills an ally 2 times, the vote-kick option pops up for all the team (example: Vote-kick started: xXnoobkiller69420Xx - Betrayal (yes) (no)), if the vote fails and he kills 2 more allies (4 betrayals in total), the game will automatically kick the player, so he doesnt remain in the match for too long
As others have stated, it will get abused. Players will start voting to kick for reasons other than griefing etc. Also, some will get voted for accidentally killing a team member, I've done that with a stray grenade now and then. Better to let 343i take the responsibility on this one imo.
People will definitely abuse a kick option just like on halo reach
The ability to vote to kick someone seems like something that could easily be abused.

Imagine getting the Scorpion or Rocket Launcher on a map only for a group of teammates in a party to have you kicked so one of them can have the toys instead.
There should definitely be a threshold to initiate any vote to kick. AFK should be an auto kick, same with a certain number of betrayals (or keep the current system where the betrayed decides).

Something like team damage done (even if it doesn't kill anyone) should open up the option for vote to kick. Really that is the only thing that is abused.
I'm sure 343 has anticipated something like this. The Halo Community already has its history of toxicity so I'm sure they're ready for Infinite since it's going to be free-to-play.
I mean hell Call of Cuty kicks you after like 2 minutes of inactivity ill be taking a -Yoink- while in a lobby and we quickly find a game and Im booted before I can get back. and also in cod i think it auto kicks you after 3 team kills accidental or purposefully. This is what Halo needs or a similar version to it. Also the ability to block those players so you no longer can get matched with them.
Vote to kick is just a recipe for griefing.
If we leave it in the hands of players to kick another player(s) out it will abused terribly. And then what, that player is replaced in game by another player? I thought we didn't like joining a game in progress, I sure don't.
I've played games like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer where players got kicked if their xp levels and such weren't high (lower the number means the newer the player). Kicking new players however doesn't teach them anything but to resent the game and that's why a lot of games don't let the players have that power, typically automated is better and halo already has a system for betrayals and what not.
I also think we can't just rely on players going to an external support site to report players - I think we need an in-game option on the post-match screen. Reporting players in MCC is just too much of a hassle sometimes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2