Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please no battle royal.

OP THEROWEBOT253

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Listen I am very very VERY excited for Halo infinite and it has immense potential to do great but please please don’t force a battle royal mode into this game like every other company is doing. I really don’t want any dev time and effort poured into a game mode that’s quickly becoming oversatured for the sake of profit that no one really wants in a halo game. I would much rather that time and effort go into improving existing modes or even new ones that they have planned. I like battle royal, I really like playing fortnite with my friends, but please please please don’t force a battle royal mode that no one asked for into halo infinite simply because other games have it that’s not why I’m gonna get this game, if i wanted to play a battle royal game I would play fortnite not the dumb battle royal modes other games are gonna have. I’m looking at you Microsoft because we all know it’s the publishers who are forcing their devs to make these modes.
I wouldn't worry too much. I think worse case scenario is that the game is entirely open world mmo.
Saitam305 wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much. I think worse case scenario is that the game is entirely open world mmo.
No I don’t think they would go in that direction although it kinda looked that way in the trailer it think it looked that way just to show off the new engine
Oh my god I thought it was battle royale for a minute too I was gonna be so pissed thank god
Oh my god I thought it was battle royale for a minute too I was gonna be so pissed thank god
Well we don’t know for sure yet I just really really REALLY hope they don’t add it
Please 343 we are already tired of fornite doing make Halo a crappy rip off
Guys I really don't think they're doing a battle royale, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Guys I really don't think they're doing a battle royale, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Idk I just really hope they know we don’t want it. I mean freaking EA forcing batte royal in a world war 2 game so anything’s possible.
Eh. At this point anything that isnt COD AW with long kill times is a good move.
Eh. At this point anything that isnt COD AW with long kill times is a good move.
Yeah but still I don’t want them to follow this dumb trend.
Listen I am very very VERY excited for Halo infinite and it has immense potential to do great but please please don’t force a battle royal mode into this game like every other company is doing. I really don’t want any dev time and effort poured into a game mode that’s quickly becoming oversatured for the sake of profit that no one really wants in a halo game. I would much rather that time and effort go into improving existing modes or even new ones that they have planned. I like battle royal, I really like playing fortnite with my friends, but please please please don’t force a battle royal mode that no one asked for into halo infinite simply because other games have it that’s not why I’m gonna get this game, if i wanted to play a battle royal game I would play fortnite not the dumb battle royal modes other games are gonna have. I’m looking at you Microsoft because we all know it’s the publishers who are forcing their devs to make these modes.
frankie said long ago they aren't interested in battle royale for halo
frankie said long ago they aren't interested in battle royale for halo
Yeah but I might not be up to them you never know Microsoft could force them to do it
I agree. I don't even like battle royale games.
It won't be battle royale. If they would make such a game, it would be completely different game.
I would hate battle royal for halo as the trend to pretty stupid in my opinion but we would be remiss to think other game devs look at all the attention fortnite I getting and money and ignore the trend. I just hope they do not do it for halo.
I hope it's RPG!!!
I remember having this weird discussion with people when they said halo should have Battle Royale and I said "why?" they said it would help halo to beat the other competitors or something to join the trend so it would help bring in more people but then I argued "okay so if they did... wouldn't that break the population playlist? I mean we have so many playlists that I'm afraid it might be difficult to even find games I mean sure we have a huge community but I should think Halo should just follow it's own route rather than trying to follow most of the trendy stuff. Besides when load outs began to be introduced into games and Reach and 4 started implementing them into their own games, those two games had mix criticisms due to these new mechanics, plus it made matches pretty... unbalanced. I mean if 343 wants to experiment new ideas go for it, I'm just afraid that we're gonna be trying to follow a lot of trends, plus I gotta admit the community needs to think about trying to think about things "last minute" since for the past 3 years after halo 5 we've just been constantly demanding classic halo and classic art style now we want.... battle royale? seriously I think 343 already has so many on their plate at the moment.
I can go either way, although I don't actually play PUBG or Fortnite-Royal lol. Thing is, Halo since custom games has always had that potential for a battle royal type game mode but never really gained any traction.

That said, I think the best PR move would be not to have the mode in the base game to start with but rather allow for all the tools/maps to be available so that the fans of that sort of gameplay can easily make it a reality and if enough people enjoy it I can see 343 cycling it into 'social' game modes. Kinda like they've done in Halo 5. This way, 343 can catch the least amount of flak possible while appeasing the fans of the type of gameplay.
Apparently 343 on April Fools joked about have a battle royal mode so I don't think they intend to do what you fear of happening. Either way, I think they'll make the right choice, as they seem to have gotten stuff together.
Where we dropping bois? *picture of a halo ring*
I wouldn't mind a halo battle royal, but just as a stand alone game, maybe for $20 or something like that, same with a halo varient of EVE, you know, build your own ship and take it into battle, that sort of thing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2