Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please no more resurrection thing in coop campaign

OP PSYCHOROID

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi

I replayed recently Halo5 campaign with a friend (in Legendary)

I (seriously) hope 343 is thinking about removing that resurrection thing from Halo 5 Campaign.

What a pain in the *** really. (especially in legendary)
I really prefer the system we had in Halo CE or even Halo 2.

Anyone thinking the same by here?
Agreed, don't want to see it return in future Halo games. It kind of made the game feel a bit too easy and didn't feel as engaged as previous Halo games because it was like a sort of there to make it feel like I could do no wrong.
ronnie42 wrote:
Agreed, don't want to see it return in future Halo games. It kind of made the game feel a bit too easy and didn't feel as engaged as previous Halo games because it was like a sort of there to make it feel like I could do no wrong.
It was annoying since your team mates did F all anyway!! But was a good idea and thought
Agreed as well. It didn't make a lot of sense since that mechanic basically said that no matter how powerful a weapon was fired at your Spartan, he/she will get an extra life. I don't want to see it return either. The focus on co-op was part of the reason H5's campaign wasn't too good.
With AI companions, ideally this aspect does go away. However, it may be an interesting concept for co-op, if they change something and the other players are also Spartans. Maybe make the downed companion take damage if they are hit, decreasing the window for revival. Or, depending on what "downed" them, they would have X seconds to be revived. Say, if they were killed by a single Boltshot-shot, they would have loads of time, but if they were point-blanked by a fuel rod cannon, they would have a few seconds. Also, the weapons that would insta-kill (no revive) stay the same, like being stuck by a plasma grenade, a needler supercombine, an incineration cannon blast, and a close-up Scattershot blast.
I never really saw the issue with this mechanic. At best, you have a chance to be revived. At worst, you die like you were already going to do in previous games.

All it really needs is a "Hold X to give up" function and it doesn't even waste any time.

In Halo 2, if one of you died, you immediately go back to the previous checkpoint, and people really didn't like that forced upon them. And you can create it anytime by just turning on the Iron skill (which also disables revives).

tuhin94 wrote:
It didn't make a lot of sense since that mechanic basically said that no matter how powerful a weapon was fired at your Spartan, he/she will get an extra life.
That's kinda not true considering Plasma sticks, the Binary Rifle, the Incineration Cannon, and most large explosions still kill you outright.
I never really saw the issue with this mechanic. At best, you have a chance to be revived. At worst, you die like you were already going to do in previous games.

All it really needs is a "Hold X to give up" function and it doesn't even waste any time.

In Halo 2, if one of you died, you immediately go back to the previous checkpoint, and people really didn't like that forced upon them. And you can create it anytime by just turning on the Iron skill (which also disables revives).

tuhin94 wrote:
It didn't make a lot of sense since that mechanic basically said that no matter how powerful a weapon was fired at your Spartan, he/she will get an extra life.
That's kinda not true considering Plasma sticks, the Binary Rifle, the Incineration Cannon, and most large explosions still kill you outright.
There are exceptions, obviously, but what I said is true for a large portion of engagements.
The entire squad mechanic in Halo 5's campaign was dead on arrival. It wasn't implemented well, and even if it were, it totally changes the dynamics of the mission sandboxes from what we know and love. No more squad mechanics in Infinite, please.
The squad revival mechanic didn't really bother me as it reminded me a lot of Star Wars: Republic Commando.
I agree that when you die that you really die, and then respawn at some checkpoint.
I agree, no reviving. Not that anything is wrong with the mechanic itself, I just don't want it in Halo specifically.
With AI companions, ideally this aspect does go away. However, it may be an interesting concept for co-op, if they change something and the other players are also Spartans. Maybe make the downed companion take damage if they are hit, decreasing the window for revival. Or, depending on what "downed" them, they would have X seconds to be revived. Say, if they were killed by a single Boltshot-shot, they would have loads of time, but if they were point-blanked by a fuel rod cannon, they would have a few seconds. Also, the weapons that would insta-kill (no revive) stay the same, like being stuck by a plasma grenade, a needler supercombine, an incineration cannon blast, and a close-up Scattershot blast.
This! Revival feels like a coop mechanic. Which is ironic considering how much MS based studios like 343i and the Coalition downplayed the importance of split-screen in this generation - but at the same time made little to no effort to make online coop go smoothly either while also creating brutally forced coop mechanics (SIGH!). Really saddens me... That said after such a huge backlash I doubt the mechanic will ever come back. And IF reviving comrades comes back it will be limited to AI companions and/or for coop, that's for sure! :)
Yeah, I never liked it much anyway. Waiting for the AI to revive you was a pain, and then seeing them get taken out as they try to revive you just made things so frustrating. I prefer the traditional system of just respawning in co-op or simply restarting from the last checkpoint in solo.
Disable it on Legendary and we're good to go.
I never had a problem with it, it was actually nice to have when some random -Yoink!- happened that you had no control over and you were just suddenly dead. So much progress made only to be yanked out from under you and make you go back to the previous checkpoint which was before you did anything.

This happens a lot in Halo; a random box will just crash land on you out of nowhere and bam, you're dead. Or a piece of debris will crush you. A friendly chucking a nade in your direction while you're low shields. Getting run over by a friendly AI. Random unexplainable deaths where you're 'Killed by the Guardians' or for 'Misadventuring' when you were clearly inside the map where you should be and just die to a misplaced kill barrier.
completely agree, please 343i do not bring back revive in Infinite PLEASE
ronnie42 wrote:
I actually find Halo 5 to have a far more difficult Halo campaign than any other (including Halo 2). The problem with the reviving feature isn't that it makes the game easier. The problem is that the higher difficult means you require your teammates to stay alive. When they're falling down every two seconds, you're forced to abandon combat to revive them. It's even worse when you fall and have to wait for your team to either revive you or die slowly one-by-one in attempt to revive you. It slows down gameplay tremendously. 343i should have thrown this feature away the second they tested it.
ronnie42 wrote:
I actually find Halo 5 to have a far more difficult Halo campaign than any other (including Halo 2). The problem with the reviving feature isn't that it makes the game easier. The problem is that the higher difficult means you require your teammates to stay alive. When they're falling down every two seconds, you're forced to abandon combat to revive them. It's even worse when you fall and have to wait for your team to either revive you or die slowly one-by-one in attempt to revive you. It slows down gameplay tremendously. 343i should have thrown this feature away the second they tested it.
Not sure why. I felt like it killed freedom to explore and for me was the easiest game in the years, didn't really enjoy it much either and my first play-through was on Legendary.
Here's a tip...it doesn't matter if they die since they'll just respawn a few minutes later and are basically canon fodder but yeh it does slow down the game-play since most of the time it's just waiting on AI to do something useful or deal with most of the enemy's slowly. Yeh well I hope it doesn't return for Halo Infinite...I wouldn't mind if it was a few random marines that we can help for a short time but forcing it into the whole coop side made it feel like I'm spending more time trying to check if my friendly AI is doing well to avoid having to put up with most of the enemy AI suppressing me. It feels more like a fake difficulty rather than struggling to survive since there's too many design flaws that that make it make more difficult than it needs to be instead of player error.
PSYCHOROID wrote:
Hi

I replayed recently Halo5 campaign with a friend (in Legendary)

I (seriously) hope 343 is thinking about removing that resurrection thing from Halo 5 Campaign.

What a pain in the *** really. (especially in legendary)
I really prefer the system we had in Halo CE or even Halo 2.

Anyone thinking the same by here?
Yes, 10000% support to this thread.
IMO all of the squad mechanics from H5 need to be tossed. If I’m playing solo campaign, I shouldn’t have 3 incompetent AI Spartans running around. Instead I should have the occasional incompetent marine, but not as a permanent squad member
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2