Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please.. No promethians

OP Spudz Mcenzie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know they'll be in the game, but i hope as limited as canonically possible. i have no idea what it is about them, ive played games with dull enemys plenty of times. The promethians however, give me a headache. Just finished halo 5 and they're definitely an improvement from halo 4's, yet give me the same migraine feeling after completeing the campaign. just feels so grindy compared to the covenant, or flood where even the same encounters feel unique and rewarding. After killing the "warden" about 6-7 times in campaign, i just wish promethians never, ever existed. Id rather the levels just be filled with actual sentinels with their goofy -Yoink- laser guns than the various form of promethian. Just my 2 cents, and im pretty sure im not alone
I still think they are partly the reason why I have no interest in going back to play Halo 4 and 5 again. I hope they keep their numbers at minimum in Infinite.
I know they'll be in the game, but i hope as limited as canonically possible. i have no idea what it is about them, ive played games with dull enemys plenty of times. The promethians however, give me a headache. Just finished halo 5 and they're definitely an approvement from halo 4's, yet give me the same migraine feeling after completeing the campaign. just feels so grindy compared to the covenant, or flood where even the same encounters feel unique and rewarding. After killing the "warden" about 6-7 times in campaign, i just wish promethians never, ever existed. Id rather the levels just be filled with actual sentinels with their goofy -Yoink- laser guns than the various form of promethian. Just my 2 cents, and im pretty sure im not alone
I get what you mean. Most times the promethians are such a chore to fight and theres just no enjoyment to them. But since the chances of them just disappearing are very slim I’d like to see 343 take step to improving them because i think with some work they could be better. Maybe scrap the whole teleporting in out of nowhere and give them a proper drop ship so maybe we have a better chance to pick them of. They also need unique weapons, most of their weapons are just reskins of UNSC weapons and it sucks because the forerunners should have some crazy weapons. They also need more than one vehicle, idk they only decided to add one but give them a some land vehicles. These are just some of my ideas, even with these they still won’t be perfect but I might make them a bit better
I think the flood would solve all of our promethean problems. If the flood come back in Halo Infinite, that means prometheans would most likely focus on them and not be in the main conflict as much.. Seeing flood and prometheans wreck eachother would be beautiful. After all, that is what the prometheans were made for; combating the flood. And since Cortana will undoubtedly have other species under her command, I dont see why she would have to use the Prometheans as her main defense. Bring the brutes back(!!!) and let them be one of the primary forces of the Created.
I think the flood would solve all of our promethean problems. If the flood come back in Halo Infinite, that means prometheans would most likely focus on them and not be in the main conflict as much.. Seeing flood and prometheans wreck eachother would be beautiful. After all, that is what the prometheans were made for; combating the flood. And since Cortana will undoubtedly have other species under her command, I dont see why she would have to use the Prometheans as her main defense. Bring the brutes back(!!!) and let them be one of the primary forces of the Created.
This. A brilliant solution imo, have prometheans function more like the senitels did (before you pissed off the installations monitor) when they just aid you in combating hordes of flood, probably one of the better ideas to deal with shallow feel of fighting prometheans yourself for entire missions at a time
I hope for H6 they add more variety in the enemy types and also add vehicles. I think it feels boring to fight them compared to the Covenant because the covenant have several vehicles, weapons, and enemy types that all look different, sound different, fight different, so there's a lot of variety there.
I'd like to believe that Promethians can be redeemed in Halo Infinite as something that ever should've been introduced. I'd like to believe that, but I don't.
Yep, I agree. I'm so tired of fighting Prometheans.
personally, I think they could be fun to fight, but 343 would need to change weapon, character design (no more floaty bits) and possibly, along with everything we saw in the release trailer, make them look like something you would see in a classic halo game. also, the guns are just weaker/identical guns to the human guns.
Part of the issue is also that the fights with them are usually heavily scripted. By that I mean, the same number, at the same ranks, will always appear. Their placement is always the same.
I think what I hate the most about the Prometheans is that, using power weapons feels like a waste on them. Snipers, Shotguns, even Rocket Launchers; everything you use on them that isn't a normal weapon just feels...wasted on them. When you hit them, you feel like you're shooting at a brick wall that is slowly chipping away with each shot; and there's times you'll be packing a power weapon because you feel like you're going to need it, but then you encounter the problem that you only have one other weapon and it's probably low on ammo.
I highly doubt the Promethean will not be the face of Halo. They more than likely will be the main enemy. Especially for being more than likely the final arc to Cortana's crap. PLS just bring Cortana home Chief.....
I think what I hate the most about the Prometheans is that, using power weapons feels like a waste on them. Snipers, Shotguns, even Rocket Launchers; everything you use on them that isn't a normal weapon just feels...wasted on them. When you hit them, you feel like you're shooting at a brick wall that is slowly chipping away with each shot; and there's times you'll be packing a power weapon because you feel like you're going to need it, but then you encounter the problem that you only have one other weapon and it's probably low on ammo.
Exactly, feels like punching a brick wall with your bare fists, then you finally break the wall, walk forward and boom theres another wall.. Mentally exhausting.
I think what made sentinels interesting and Promethean boring is the fact they're humanoid enemies with little charisma. Than again, you make every design work as long as you give them character. The Vex in Destiny are animated brilliantly and while humanoid in nature, they still have an alien feeling to them - from design and sound alone I might add. The androids in SW are funny, got silly voices and have really robotic stiff animations to them. What does a Promethean soldier got that is special and unique?

The second problem is AI. Bullet-sponge enemies standing still in the mimiddle of a battlefield are not fun to shoot at. Square and simple... Hi really needs to focus more on enemy AI routines instead of cheap tricks like fast one-hit KO moves, bending plasma bolts or TP.
They WILL be in Infinite. They're directly under Cortana and Warden's control. Not to mention that it wouldn't be a FORERUNNER Reclamation without the units representing them.
Yeah, I don't like the much and think they're a pretty dull enemy. That being said there's no way they won't return in Infinite. They're too ingrained into the plot at this point, and until the entire Created stuff is dealt with, they'll stay.

As other's have said I think they'd be better enemies if the Flood was reintroduced, as they were created to fight the parasite. However adding the Flood into a mainline Halo game at this point would probably dilute everything way too much. We already have a large number of factions to deal with, adding one more would only make it worse. When various covenant splinter factions amalgamate into large groups or are destroyed (I'd love to have have more Covenant-y Covenant), it'll make sense to add another faction.
M killshot wrote:
Yeah, I don't like the much and think they're a pretty dull enemy. That being said there's no way they won't return in Infinite. They're too ingrained into the plot at this point, and until the entire Created stuff is dealt with, they'll stay.

As other's have said I think they'd be better enemies if the Flood was reintroduced, as they were created to fight the parasite. However adding the Flood into a mainline Halo game at this point would probably dilute everything way too much. We already have a large number of factions to deal with, adding one more would only make it worse. When various covenant splinter factions amalgamate into large groups or are destroyed (I'd love to have have more Covenant-y Covenant), it'll make sense to add another faction.
I personally wouldn't say we have "too many factions" at this point. We have the UNSC, the Swords of Sanghelios (which will be allied with the UNSC, so they might as well be counted as part of them instead of their own), the Created and the Banished, although the latter won't play any large role, at least not until we get to the Ark IF we get to the Ark. That leaves us with 2 factions: UNSC and Created. I'm also not considering any kind of Covenant faction because I believe that the Covenant faction will be allied with the Created. Cortana offered every specie in the Galaxy a chance to join her and refusal would only end in their extinction (and later rebuilt in her image). Seeing her power, I wouldn't be surprised if we would see even Human enemies. I can see them have a Forerunner-esque aesthetic on their gear.
Of course, this is my speculation, but even then, the Flood doesn't seem to represent that much of a threat, at least not at the moment. I see their appearance in Infinite to be very slim. However, if the game focuses on Zeta Halo, it will be quite disappointing that they're not appearing considering the rich story the ring has. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see.
M killshot wrote:

I personally wouldn't say we have "too many factions" at this point. We have the UNSC, the Swords of Sanghelios (which will be allied with the UNSC, so they might as well be counted as part of them instead of their own), the Created and the Banished, although the latter won't play any large role, at least not until we get to the Ark IF we get to the Ark. That leaves us with 2 factions: UNSC and Created. I'm also not considering any kind of Covenant faction because I believe that the Covenant faction will be allied with the Created. Cortana offered every specie in the Galaxy a chance to join her and refusal would only end in their extinction (and later rebuilt in her image). Seeing her power, I wouldn't be surprised if we would see even Human enemies. I can see them have a Forerunner-esque aesthetic on their gear.
Of course, this is my speculation, but even then, the Flood doesn't seem to represent that much of a threat, at least not at the moment. I see their appearance in Infinite to be very slim. However, if the game focuses on Zeta Halo, it will be quite disappointing that they're not appearing considering the rich story the ring has. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see.
I'm fairly certain there would still be other Covenant factions outside of the Created. Many don't see the Forerunners as gods and wouldn't be too willing to join them, even under that threat.

I agree with your last point though, having a game set on Zeta Halo without the Flood playing a part would be very disappointing.
M killshot wrote:
M killshot wrote:
I'm fairly certain there would still be other Covenant factions outside of the Created. Many don't see the Forerunners as gods and wouldn't be too willing to join them, even under that threat.

I agree with your last point though, having a game set on Zeta Halo without the Flood playing a part would be very disappointing.
Probably, but I would personally side with the Galactic dictator, which possesses otherworldly technology and practically limitless resources, who gave us a chance to join her. The UNSC and the Swords will refuse, but not the entirety of them. However, another point to consider, is that 343 wants to make the story simple, one that welcomes both new and long-time fans and the only Covenant faction that is really worth mentioning is the Servants of Abiding Truth, but since they were introduced in a comic (I think) and have no impact whatsoever on the games' story, it's safe to say that they won't have an appearance.
If fhey aren’t Infinite at all then most likely the flood will be in the game. Man it will make no sense at all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2