Please no REQ System

OP T0m00se37

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Please don't include the REQ system in this game, at least not how it was in Halo 5.

Please don't make 6 slightly different variations of every piece of Armour in the game that are barely noticeable. Earning a new piece almost identical to what you already have is extremely unsatisfying.

Please don't make 30 slightly different variations of every weapon in the game. Again, extremely unsatisfying when you spend all the time grinding for REQ points, or actual money and end up with something almost identical to what you already have.

Please let us EARN customization options instead of having to endlessly grind or gamble just HOPING we get the amour or emblem we want.

Please don't make system where the people who get lucky (or spend more money) end up with a larger quantity of more powerful weapons to use.

At the VERY least, if you MUST keep it, let us spend out points (or money) Specifically on what we want, not on a pack that has a tiny chance of giving us what we want.
Earlier this year I believe 343i said that the REQs are probably here to stay. But we can all hope that the REQ system is going to be more player friendly.
I'd personally like if there weren't 100 armor designs that look nothing like Spartan armor flooding the already bloated system. I don't see why there's so much restraint with the amount of weapon variants and their designs, yet Spartans can come in these hilariously inconsistent shapes and sizes.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Please don't include the REQ system in this game, at least not how it was in Halo 5.

Please don't make 6 slightly different variations of every piece of Armour in the game that are barely noticeable. Earning a new piece almost identical to what you already have is extremely unsatisfying.

Please don't make 30 slightly different variations of every weapon in the game. Again, extremely unsatisfying when you spend all the time grinding for REQ points, or actual money and end up with something almost identical to what you already have.

Please let us EARN customization options instead of having to endlessly grind or gamble just HOPING we get the amour or emblem we want.

Please don't make system where the people who get lucky (or spend more money) end up with a larger quantity of more powerful weapons to use.

At the VERY least, if you MUST keep it, let us spend out points (or money) Specifically on what we want, not on a pack that has a tiny chance of giving us what we want.
Very big +1

I would very much appreciate something like Halo Reach customization system. Where players get rewarded for specific actions with a real customization option, than just a loot box.
REQs are confirmed to be in the game.
Well, I certainly hope they wont be in future games or any matter of lootbox system for that matter.

The lootbox systems usually just cause artificial grind, in some cases pay to win situations, flood of worthless items that cover even half decent items under their mass, and many more things. Hopefully, there will be stricker gambling laws to videogames in the future, something like what is thought in belgium.
i hope there won't be any kind of lootbox system in the game. lootboxes are kind of a deal breaker at this point.
WSerg wrote:
i hope there won't be any kind of lootbox system in the game. lootboxes are kind of a deal breaker at this point.
WSerg wrote:
where were they confirmed? i know franky said, that "REQs are fine and good like they are in h5" (or whatever the exact quote is), but i don't know if they are truly "confirmed" for the next game (halo infinite).

besides: he kind of had to say that, bc he can't say that they are bad or in a way not good, and then leave them in the game. that would not be a smart thing to do.

also: many things can change untill the release. maybe some laws (i hope so) happen to prevent lootbox systems in games. or people finally realize, that these system only benefit the companies and hurt the players and the game itself .
WSerg wrote:
WSerg wrote:
where were they confirmed? i know franky said, that "REQs are fine and good like they are in h5" (or whatever the exact quote is), but i don't know if they are truly "confirmed" for the next game (halo infinite).

besides: he kind of had to say that, bc he can't say that they are bad or in a way not good, and then leave them in the game. that would not be a smart thing to do.

also: many things can change untill the release. maybe some laws (i hope so) happen to prevent lootbox systems in games. or people finally realize, that these system only benefit the companies and hurt the players and the game itself .
Quite some months ago. Trust me, they ARE confirmed.

Those law will depends on the type of lootbox system. If it's like the BF2 fiasco, it's a real problem. Halo 5's REQ system only affected a gamemode that's meant for REQs. The other gamemodes are independent and completely untouched by REQs minus cosmetics. Cosmetic lootbox systems like Overwatch's is different and doesn't encourage you to waste money just for a skin. BF2 encourages you to waste money so you can have a fighting chance.

Companies are aware that everyone hates lootbox systems. But Activision and EA don't care about everyone, but themselves. Ubisoft seems to care but I'm not really sure, but 343 SEEMS cares.
WSerg wrote:
WSerg wrote:

Those law will depends on the type of lootbox system. If it's like the BF2 fiasco, it's a real problem. Halo 5's REQ system only affected a gamemode that's meant for REQs. The other gamemodes are independent and completely untouched by REQs minus cosmetics. Cosmetic lootbox systems like Overwatch's is different and doesn't encourage you to waste money just for a skin. BF2 encourages you to waste money so you can have a fighting chance.

Companies are aware that everyone hates lootbox systems. But Activision and EA don't care about everyone, but themselves. Ubisoft seems to care but I'm not really sure, but 343 SEEMS cares.
It could be confirmed, not much else to it. It would be sad if thats the case though I just hope that its not set in stone since the game is still in development.

And surely reqs dont effect the balance of all gamemodes but in reality they shouldnt have effect on any.
And they are not the worst when compared to all other lootbox systems though they are neither the best.
But what req system still does even if the weapons are removed from the pool is that it still could have effect on people with habit of gambling problem and in many cases the Halo games being rated with "T" means that there is a gambling aspect in a product that is being sold to minors. And in many countries that could be a problem given the gambling laws outside videogames.

And im not sure what that last part is about comparing 343i to publishers since more accurate thing would be to compare Microsoft to other publishers.
Also, I wouldnt make such generalization either given there are quite many people working on both developer and publisher side with many different kind of motives. Some possibly for artistic legacy, some maybe for money. Point being the people working there are individuals though still the money runs any industry.
But maybe more in-depth text is not for here.
343 saying the REQ system is staying doesn't mean Halo 5's REQ system is staying. It could be the same, but I hope it will be different and more player friendly. That and it does not mess up armor customization.
WSerg wrote:
WSerg wrote:

i made a quick google search and i could only find frankys statement which goes:

Quote:
"[...] We watched the EA Battlefront thing with the curiosity you'd expect - but our current req system is player focused and well liked and unintrusive as far as these things go. [...]" source
this was written in the context, that there was a rumour, that M$ wanted lootboxes in the game, but after the battlefront controvesy it was reevaluating lootboxes.

if you are refering to this, i don't see a clear confirmation, but also not, that they wouldn't be there

i also have to disagree that REQ packs only affect 1 gamemode. gameplaywise it's true, but customization is in every gamemode. since i'm sure that there are a lot of people who really enjoy customization, it effects them as well, even if they don't play warzone. i know, not everybody cares about customization, but there are people who do and by seeing the armours they could have, the desire to get that is already created (no matter the gamemode).
also the REQ system is prominently featured in every part of the game and you are constantly reminded of it. it is designed to encourage people to spend money (seemingly endless grind, and being constantly reminded of it + occasional special packs which are only aquireable with money). i haven't played overwatch so i can say nothing about that, but i guess it's the same principal.

if you have to put MTs in the game, let people choose what they get. that way you can even call it cosmetic DLC and it wouldn't have the bitter taste of the word MT (even though it clearly would be MT). thats a thing i can (maybe) acccept teeth crunching. (i'm not a fan of MTs at all to put it lightly)
I honestly don't mind the REQ system all that much.

What I DO mind, however, is having way too many armor variants. It's incredibly frustrating when you spend so much time gaining REQ points, then when you purchase a pack you unlock the same ugly helmet you already have, only now with a bunch of white crap all over it.

I'm not usually one for taking away customization options once they've been introduced, but they need a serious overhaul of the armor sets in Halo: Infinite - even if that means cutting down on the number of sets available. There were over 100 sets in Halo: Guardians, and most of them were hideous to begin with. There's no point in having that may armor sets, especially when variants make up a good 2/3 of that. All it does it make it that much harder to get the armor you actually want. Especially given the randomized nature of the REQ packs.

By all means, introduce more color options for players to use for their characters. Heck, maybe even introduce camo patterns. But in terms of the armor sets themselves, I'd go for quality over quantity.
Full Armor Customization needs to be in this one.
I guess they will be a Warzone thing again. Perhaps there will be a new mode too though.
In my opinion, req weapons and vehicles should be unlocked from random req packs, but armor unlocking should follow the reach system where we can directly purchase armor with req points after reaching a certain rank.
So long as they keep base armour and load out weapons out of it I can live with it. Armour needs to be unlocked though leveling. Achievements and commedations where's as skins can be unlocked through challenges and REQ packs (since they're staying :/ ) and be applied to any armour
WSerg wrote:
Exactly I feel the same way, idc what what game it is. If it has lootboxes I'm not buying it.
Sadly, there is going to be a REQ system. With that said, it might not be as heavily influenced as it is in Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6