Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Please Take Halo back to its roots!!

OP Tohur

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Tohur wrote:
343 PLEASE take Halo back to its roots!... remove ALL the gimmicks from Reach 4 and 5 and let us enjoy what made Halo great.. remove unlimited sprint the stupid ground pound and spartan charge! also I know this was a big issue in reach but was in all Halo games in some form uptil 5 and forced you to be skilled with your weapons and not just spam and pray some how bring back recoil! recoil has been in Halo since CE and is very obvious playing even the MCC like for instance you can't just spray and pray with the AR with out loosing control of the weap.... most Halos the AR drifts up the longer you hold it.. in Halo 5 you can just hold the trigger and it fires it what ever direction you aim.. basically in Halo 5 its a noob weapon.. FIX IT. just don't bring bloom back to the extent it was in reach as to make everyone happy except the noobs with very little headshots because they only know how to kill with the AR bodyshots LOL. I got more things but don't want to rant just would hope you guys are wanting to take Halo back to its roots gameplay wise.
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but that isn't gonna happen. They aren't going to dramaticlly change movement in 1 game. I personally like the new movements. The game go fast.
Tohur wrote:
343 PLEASE take Halo back to its roots!... remove ALL the gimmicks from Reach 4 and 5 and let us enjoy what made Halo great.. remove unlimited sprint the stupid ground pound and spartan charge! also I know this was a big issue in reach but was in all Halo games in some form uptil 5 and forced you to be skilled with your weapons and not just spam and pray some how bring back recoil! recoil has been in Halo since CE and is very obvious playing even the MCC like for instance you can't just spray and pray with the AR with out loosing control of the weap.... most Halos the AR drifts up the longer you hold it.. in Halo 5 you can just hold the trigger and it fires it what ever direction you aim.. basically in Halo 5 its a noob weapon.. FIX IT. just don't bring bloom back to the extent it was in reach as to make everyone happy except the noobs with very little headshots because they only know how to kill with the AR bodyshots LOL. I got more things but don't want to rant just would hope you guys are wanting to take Halo back to its roots gameplay wise.
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but that isn't gonna happen. They aren't going to dramaticlly change movement in 1 game. I personally like the new movements. The game go fast.
hmm they will if they want Halo Infinite to succeed.. for many of us fans Halo 5 is/was the last straw. another failure and we are done.. Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are stupid and unnecessary and pretty much admitted by 343i by the fact of them removing them in HCS. sorry to BUST your bubble bud but if you like these "features" you are playing the wrong game and should go back to fanboying COD
All I know with certainty, is that if Halo Infinite (horrible name btw) is similar in gameplay mechanics as Halo 5, it will not succeed and Halo will 100% be relegated to an average FPS shooter game. In fact, I bet 343i gets shut down after that. I dunno, I don't care too much these days either as Halo has been destroyed and is basically rotten from inside out IMHO. It does not play like Halo, not one bit. Doesn't remind me in any way of the games I used to enjoy.

Go for it 343i, try and keep getting new fans. You have only like 10 MILLION fans already waiting for a true sequel to Halo 3 for over a decade. But hey, keep doing you!!
I have a theory: they are doing that.
Remember the 1999 halo?
It looked exactly like Infinite, it hald wildlife in enormous areas and seemed to be focused on exploration and survival.
Also, there were also marines and silent chief.
So, maybe this is the game we never got. And they draw a paralellism to CE.

Wouldn't it be cool if in Halo 7's reveal, it was an adaptation from e3 2003's Earth City, but set in modern Halo?
i completely agree aside from one thing keep whatever was in halo reach (in my opinion it was the best halo game)
i completely agree aside from one thing keep whatever was in halo reach (in my opinion it was the best halo game)
If they took Halo back to Reach style gameplay I think that would a good compromise for old and new fans if the Weapon bloom was not as extreme.. but Recoil AND bloom needs to be added back into Halo as it was there all the way in CE uptil Reach but Reaches was on the extreme side.. in Halo 5 the ONLY weapon with any recoil and bloom is the SMG.. the AR has none, none of the precision weapons has it and this makes Halo 5 the one Halo that requires the least amount of skill to play lol... I mean a great majority of players have very few headshots because seeing as the AR has no recoil or bloom the noobs run around spraying and praying with the AR and win lol. they need to add recoil and bloom the way it was before Reach and this is real easy to see if you go test ANY the weapons in CE through Halo 3. the game should be like reach and the recoil and bloom as it was CE through Halo 3 as that would be the best mix of old and new halo without the dumb gimmicks in Halo 5.
Snockooz wrote:
Tohur wrote:
Snockooz wrote:
Please 343 keep evolving Halo.
the way be trying to do it has failed utterly! Bungie in Reach just threw crap at the wall to see what would stick not caring seeing as it was their last game with Halo.. 343i did the same with Halo 4 and 5 and both failed in one way or another.. 343i needs to take a step back go back to what worked in the Original Trilogy then move on from there.. throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks NEVER works except maybe the first game in a franchise
Resch was a lot of things but it wasnt a failure. 4 was a downgraded reach so it didnt do as well. 5 launch with less content than halo 2, player customization, the req system and no split screen. Had it launch with 75% of the content it has now it would have done significantly better.
Never said Reach was a failure just meant Bungie started the trend with Halo games of just throwing crap at the wall to see what would stick
Tohur wrote:
Tohur wrote:
hmm they will if they want Halo Infinite to succeed.. for many of us fans Halo 5 is/was the last straw. another failure and we are done.. Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are stupid and unnecessary and pretty much admitted by 343i by the fact of them removing them in HCS. sorry to BUST your bubble bud but if you like these "features" you are playing the wrong game and should go back to fanboying COD
Hmm considering I've been playing the game since Reach came out and have played every single Halo game to date except Spartan Assualt I don't think I'm a COD fan boy. Yes Spartan charge can be annoying sometimes but it is a useful tactic and if you are playing the game right you can utilize both of the movement abilities to your favor, Especially in game modes where shield is unavailable. Halo 5 has not done well in terms of Campaign and split screen but does its multiplayer really have any major flaws that make it unplayable? No.
Tohur wrote:
Tohur wrote:
And also how does Fanboying COD relate at all since COD never had a ground pound feature and its most game doesn't even have thrusters?
Okay, so which Halo game should it primarily take after? It's easy to say bring something back to its roots, but Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 all have things that make them play differently than before. Do we use health packs again ala CE? Does duel-wielding return ala Halo 2 and Halo 3? Does Equipment return ala Halo 3? Do we remove vehicle hijacking since it wasn't in CE? Do we keep the plasma pistol EMP from Halo 3?

Important questions.
I think that question guides people into the wrong direction. Classic Halo is a broad concept, and I don't see why the gameplay should be a clear spiritual successor to any particular game. All of them have some great and not so great things. For example, if it was my choice, for the weapon sandox I'd seek inspiration from CE, for the vehicles I'd mostly consider Halo 3, for the movement I'd take none of them in particular. While everyone probably has a bias to their favorite game which would affect their selection (my game would probably ultimately resemble Halo CE more than 2 or 3), I still think it's more productive to not explicitly think of one game as the base, but rather, consider each element of gameplay individually and see which game, if any, does it best.
tsassi wrote:
Okay, so which Halo game should it primarily take after? It's easy to say bring something back to its roots, but Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 all have things that make them play differently than before. Do we use health packs again ala CE? Does duel-wielding return ala Halo 2 and Halo 3? Does Equipment return ala Halo 3? Do we remove vehicle hijacking since it wasn't in CE? Do we keep the plasma pistol EMP from Halo 3?

Important questions.
I think that question guides people into the wrong direction. Classic Halo is a broad concept, and I don't see why the gameplay should be a clear spiritual successor to any particular game. All of them have some great and not so great things. For example, if it was my choice, for the weapon sandox I'd seek inspiration from CE, for the vehicles I'd mostly consider Halo 3, for the movement I'd take none of them in particular. While everyone probably has a bias to their favorite game which would affect their selection (my game would probably ultimately resemble Halo CE more than 2 or 3), I still think it's more productive to not explicitly think of one game as the base, but rather, consider each element of gameplay individually and see which game, if any, does it best.
I don't disagree. My only issue is that people do treat 'classic" as a broad concept and yet think saying bring back classic Halo is enough for 343 to know what to do. I'd just prefer people be as specific as they could.
As a old Halo vet, I like unlimited Sprint and adavnced movement and can't imagine another Halo without it. Don't know why everyone hates it.
Tohur wrote:

Important questions.
The Original trilogy period.. Halo 3 would a good start.. wouldn't mind if it took after Reach even some regarding some the movement.. Just get rid of the Spartan charge, Ground Pound and Unlimited sprint... they don't have to get rid of Sprint completely which is why I just brought Reach up...
Doesn't really narrow it down. Halo 3 as a base is fine, but then if we allow Sprint because Reach is deemed fine, why not other Armor Abilities?
Have to disagree, Reach is why we ended up with 4,5 and a lot of people didn't like that direction. Armour abilities are only good when there pick up but starting with just makes modes like Warzone an unbalanced mess. Sprint is sort of ok but I hate being at shot, then being forced to slow down to a half just because someone got a pot shot at me, is really annoying when people are flanking with Wasps. I think the best direction for inspiration might actually be the fan games like Installation 01 or maybe Halo Online when the fans took over.
They should take Halo 2's movement, Halo 3's equipment, Halo CE's health packs.
Any spartan abilities don't belong in halo.You tried it with halo 4(failed) you tried it with halo 5(FAILED) ...Can you try one time with no abilities, JUST ONCE... Like COME ON!!! How much more bad halo's should come out until classic gameplay should return?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2