Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Pooling ideas: what do we expect from this update?

OP Lepidus

With the “high level” end-of-year update drawing closer, I think it’s a good idea to come up with a collective list what we think we’re going to see in it. I’ll start!
  • At least one unedited in-game screenshot displaying the visual/technical improvements the devs have made since the demo
  • A little multiplayer tease: I don’t expect gameplay or anything, but rather some type of info that’ll make us freak out (in either a good or a bad way) until 343’s ready to share more
  • More details on the coating system: there’s likely gonna be more vague/dodgy answers to our concerns, but hopefully the air will be cleared a bit
  • What we should expect to see moving forward in terms of updates: how frequent; maybe even a planned monthly schedule?
I’m trying to keep my expectations realistic; but given how long we’ve been kept in the dark thus far, even reasonable requests seem outlandish at this point. What are y’all hoping to see from the update?
Hoping for a bit of a roadmap to release. At the very least which quarter they are planning.

I would think a little bit of media to feed the masses. Hoping for some video... but expecting some screen shots.

Any skerricks of info on multiplayer and forge would be appreciated (we've been given nothing).

Put out some fires... eg coating. They need to rip the band-aid off.
A screenshot of the game with updated visuals would be nice.

A release date window.

A beta announcement would be superb.... But I doubt it'll happen.
At the bare minimum, I hope they at least give us an indication of *roughly* what their new target for release is, as well as some "sizzle reel," material that can hopefully inject some hype into the community or at least help alleviate concerns we have over stuff that's come to light. Coatings, especially, need to be addressed one way or the other. Despite everything, we still don't know fully what they are and how they'll work, and 343i isn't wise to leave those questions to speculation and ambiguity amidst a increasingly discontented and doubting community.
Lepidus wrote:
With the “high level” end-of-year update drawing closer, I think it’s a good idea to come up with a collective list what we think we’re going to see in it. I’ll start!
  • At least one unedited in-game screenshot displaying the visual/technical improvements the devs have made since the demo
  • A little multiplayer tease: I don’t expect gameplay or anything, but rather some type of info that’ll make us freak out (in either a good or a bad way) until 343’s ready to share more
  • More details on the coating system: there’s likely gonna be more vague/dodgy answers to our concerns, but hopefully the air will be cleared a bit
  • What we should expect to see moving forward in terms of updates: how frequent; maybe even a planned monthly schedule?
I’m trying to keep my expectations realistic; but given how long we’ve been kept in the dark thus far, even reasonable requests seem outlandish at this point. What are y’all hoping to see from the update?
At this point, if I can't play it idc bc I can't even drum up the motivation for h5 anymore and am on forge just killing time.... Booohooo I also frequently cry, not... 😊
Tariq9898 wrote:
A screenshot of the game with updated visuals would be nice.

A release date window.

A beta announcement would be superb.... But I doubt it'll happen.
Forget it all... I want a bigger five year delay and

Open worlds with an s
10000 player MP with ai and building new structures with forge combo playlists
12k research level graphics
Vr headset perfected
And free to play..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Here are the things that will most likely happened in the upcoming Halo Infinite:

1) We will most likely see official images from Halo Infinite especially UNSC Marines and the Banished.

2) The next Halo Infinite trailer

3) A release date for Halo Infinite

4) We could see another gameplay footage from the upcoming Halo Infinite especially the campaign levels and multiplayer levels.
Probably just a roadmap, I doubt we will see this game again until at least E3 time next year
roadmap probably but also something along the lines showing improvement such like a " this is what we've been able to achieve with the extra time allotted".
More clips of campaign with said improvements & a tease of multiplayer standout feature/game mode.
A timeline of when we can expect a roadmap, with a vague statement of "players will be excited for the new 7-layer coating system".

If you can't tell, I don't have high expectations with how they've acted post-coating-announcement, and them stating it's a "High-Level Update" just means it's going to be vague assurances and overly broad & generic statements.
I think we're just going to get a deeper explanation of the coating system and then another "alright that's it for today, we'll share more when we're ready", meaning absolutely nothing for another 6 months. Back to code promo and toy leaks.

Doesn't it feel weird to not expect anything big after 5 years? This game doesn't even feel real at this point. At least with the delays and long development time of Cyberpunk they gave us a ton of info and gameplay.
Where I work "high level" means the opposite of "high detail", so honestly I don't expect much. Until they are ready to make the big pre release marketing push we aren't getting anything worthwhile.
release date
I have 2 ideas, which depends on release date:
1: • A multiplayer teaser, a few screenshots or a very short 10 second tease.
• More vague answers on the coating system. With 2 or 3 new coatings, showing the Granular one too
• Proper confirmation on the challenge system with some extra info
• A canon fodder on some new characters. Like Jega. Perhaps on Hyperius.
• A roadmap of when to expect new news, starting January. With a hopeful (for them) release window of Apr-Jul 2021

2: • Coating explanation with 2 coatings shown, Granular included.
• More information on the Challenge system
• Canon fodder on new characters.
• Possible roadmap. More likely a ''we'll share more after the holidays''
[this considers a Autumn Q4 release in 2021, in November most likely (15th perhaps)]
im trying to have zero expectations. I dont know what a "high level update" even means. Ive never heard a dev studio use that terminology so it could mean anything. I really dont want to expect much because I keep listening to 343 just for them to not do what they say. They said they wouldnt go dark but they did, they said the game was on track and will be fixed up for a fall launch just to say 2 weeks later a delay to unknown 2021 is happening. 343 has at least 5 times in 2020 said one thing and did the opposite and i get it covid etc etc, but the turnaround for some of these promises is so fast and always feels like a bat to the back of the head out of no where.

I wish instead of these big declarations and updates 343 just gave us more smaller talks and conversations about whats going on with the dev progress. 343 does such a good job giving us all this cerebral information about MCC and its dev updates / progress for years now. how hard is it to do that for infinite? why cant we get in depth ring data or talks about fov issues or fps issues or other issues related to infinite's development? We know 343 is capable of descriptive dev updates but they just keep everything with infinite completely in the dark which only serves to piss people off.

So yeah, i have no real idea what a high level update could be. I half expect it to be mostly a bloated apology, promises of more info to come in 2021 and some concept art / music. I dont think we will get anything substantial until spring next year and a 2021 holiday launch.
I don't expect to see any indication of a release date, because it just draws a target on 343's back. And given the situation with COVID-19, it is not certain if the date they set can be delivered.
I don't expect to see any "graphics update". To improve the graphics they will have to recalculate so many things and rethink many design aspects that it will take time until we see more in-game footage again. And it is better to show graphics in its full capacity later instead of a slightly better version.

I just hope to see a glimpse of the multiplayer, with maybe a short teaser, some clarification on the armor coating system with good news, and maybe one or two concept art pieces.
Ideally, a Beta announcement and some answers to basic questions with maybe a couple of screenshots to spruce it up. Hopefully they'll explain their new communication strategy. I love the idea mentioned above of a roadmap, but I don't think they'll narrow down the release window just yet.
I don't expect to see any "graphics update". To improve the graphics they will have to recalculate so many things and rethink many design aspects that it will take time until we see more in-game footage again. And it is better to show graphics in its full capacity later instead of a slightly better version.
If 343 is shooting for a Q3 or Q4 2021 release like some are currently projecting, the high level update is gonna be dropped a little under halfway between the original demo and when the devs need to start showing extended footage again. If they haven’t made the majority of technical improvements by now, that’s extremely alarming.