Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Possible Confirmation on T for Teen Rating?

OP JCMsergox

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-infinite/9pp5g1f0c2b6

Scrolling to the bottom of Infinite's store page reveals the Age Rating to be "For Ages 13 and Up". Not sure if anyone's noted this before. This falls within range of a T for Teen rating, no?
It’s been like this for a few months now. Yes it looks like it will have a T rating.
And before anyone says anything, no that does not mean it will be a bad game.
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Danumis wrote:
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Unfortunately?
Danumis wrote:
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Unfortunately?
I think the story telling of Halo has gotten better however I like the more mature tones in the other Halos. Having a Teen rated game kind of takes away a lot of the natural tones the military has.
Danumis wrote:
Danumis wrote:
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Unfortunately?
I think the story telling of Halo has gotten better however I like the more mature tones in the other Halos. Having a Teen rated game kind of takes away a lot of the natural tones the military has.
This is true actually, I was thinking of the rating purely from a blood and gore side of things and didn't consider how the story itself was affected.
Honestly, I’ve never really been bothered by a games rating. Literally has zero impact on my thought process.

I’d rather just play and enjoy the game.
Halo has never particularly been a dark or heavy game - teen sounds about right for it to be honest.
.
Danumis wrote:
Danumis wrote:
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Unfortunately?
I think the story telling of Halo has gotten better however I like the more mature tones in the other Halos. Having a Teen rated game kind of takes away a lot of the natural tones the military has.
This is true actually, I was thinking of the rating purely from a blood and gore side of things and didn't consider how the story itself was affected.
After serving myself I liked going back and seeing those references I came to understand even more too. The books are more gritter as well and has more character because of it IMO.
Danumis wrote:
Danumis wrote:
Danumis wrote:
Unfortunately it will be Teen.
Unfortunately?
I think the story telling of Halo has gotten better however I like the more mature tones in the other Halos. Having a Teen rated game kind of takes away a lot of the natural tones the military has.
This is true actually, I was thinking of the rating purely from a blood and gore side of things and didn't consider how the story itself was affected.
After serving myself I liked going back and seeing those references I came to understand even more too. The books are more gritter as well and has more character because of it IMO.
Yup, many players see T or M and relate it to blood. I want Halo to explore the darker topics along with the bloody visuals. Also, Halo Infinite has the banished and that brings brutes, the brutes have never been portrayed properly in any of the games imo. They are savage to say the least. If the games were like the books Halo would be 18+... I would love to see that.

From what we've seen Halo Infinite looks like it will be a T... Unfortunately.
I don’t mind it having a T rating as long as they weren’t aiming for it. If they made the game they wanted and it got a rating of T, I’m perfectly fine with that. But if they were actively trying to get a T rating and had to hold back some ideas on story beats or visuals to avoid an M then it bothers me.
It’s all speculation until the ESRB completes and issues its rating for the North American market.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Honestly, I’ve never really been bothered by a games rating. Literally has zero impact on my thought process.

I’d rather just play and enjoy the game.
Halo has never particularly been a dark or heavy game - teen sounds about right for it to be honest.
.
I mean seeing Marines devoured and transformed by the flood was actually something that gave me nightmares, so I think you are wrong. Do you remember the whole squad dying in reach? Do you remember caving in Keyes face to get the chip thing? Do you remember Romeo getting his chest caved in by a brute blade and then the blood spraying everywhere when buck stabbed him? What about all those people disintegrated in halo 4? What about the blood splattered all over the walls the first time you see the flood? What about elites heads literally rolling around on the floor in halo 2?
I could go on. Halo 5 didn't even feel real at all.
M Ratings in 2001-2007 = T Ratings in 2021, with some exceptions, ie an actual horror game with flesh and gore (worse than the flood) would be M back then and still M today.

Change my mind.
That is a placeholder which was confirmed long ago
CaNateyen wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Honestly, I’ve never really been bothered by a games rating. Literally has zero impact on my thought process.

I’d rather just play and enjoy the game.
Halo has never particularly been a dark or heavy game - teen sounds about right for it to be honest.
.
I mean seeing Marines devoured and transformed by the flood was actually something that gave me nightmares, so I think you are wrong. Do you remember the whole squad dying in reach? Do you remember caving in Keyes face to get the chip thing? Do you remember Romeo getting his chest caved in by a brute blade and then the blood spraying everywhere when buck stabbed him? What about all those people disintegrated in halo 4? What about the blood splattered all over the walls the first time you see the flood? What about elites heads literally rolling around on the floor in halo 2?
I could go on. Halo 5 didn't even feel real at all.
I remember all of those yes, however I wouldn’t say those moments defined the games by any means. Sure they help build up moments but I’d hardly say they carry Halo’s lively hood.

Halo doesn’t need a rating to define how good its story can be. Focusing on the game possible being a Teen rating is like going to see the Mona Lisa but only staring at one spot in the corner instead of enjoying the entire piece of art.

Let’s not define a game by it’s rating.
JCMsergox wrote:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-infinite/9pp5g1f0c2b6

Scrolling to the bottom of Infinite's store page reveals the Age Rating to be "For Ages 13 and Up". Not sure if anyone's noted this before. This falls within range of a T for Teen rating, no?
IDK What constitutes as T. Blood, gore, what even is mature content anymore?

If a south park game came out with a T rating I'd be distraught, but if Halo comes out as T IDK if I care.
So long as the gunplay is Halo worthy and the MP includes both competitive and social game types, I'm here for it.
HeshKnight wrote:
JCMsergox wrote:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-infinite/9pp5g1f0c2b6

Scrolling to the bottom of Infinite's store page reveals the Age Rating to be "For Ages 13 and Up". Not sure if anyone's noted this before. This falls within range of a T for Teen rating, no?
IDK What constitutes as T. Blood, gore, what even is mature content anymore?

If a south park game came out with a T rating I'd be distraught, but if Halo comes out as T IDK if I care.
So long as the gunplay is Halo worthy and the MP includes both competitive and social game types, I'm here for it.
Yeah, if there was a COD game that was rated T, it would not be a COD game. If there was a Halo game rated T, then it would still be a Halo game. If you take my meaning.
TheDonCJG wrote:
CaNateyen wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Honestly, I’ve never really been bothered by a games rating. Literally has zero impact on my thought process.

I’d rather just play and enjoy the game.
Halo has never particularly been a dark or heavy game - teen sounds about right for it to be honest.
.
I mean seeing Marines devoured and transformed by the flood was actually something that gave me nightmares, so I think you are wrong. Do you remember the whole squad dying in reach? Do you remember caving in Keyes face to get the chip thing? Do you remember Romeo getting his chest caved in by a brute blade and then the blood spraying everywhere when buck stabbed him? What about all those people disintegrated in halo 4? What about the blood splattered all over the walls the first time you see the flood? What about elites heads literally rolling around on the floor in halo 2?
I could go on. Halo 5 didn't even feel real at all.
I remember all of those yes, however I wouldn’t say those moments defined the games by any means. Sure they help build up moments but I’d hardly say they carry Halo’s lively hood.

Halo doesn’t need a rating to define how good its story can be. Focusing on the game possible being a Teen rating is like going to see the Mona Lisa but only staring at one spot in the corner instead of enjoying the entire piece of art.

Let’s not define a game by it’s rating.
I guess I disagree. Some of the most defining moments in Halo were the scariest or most mature moments. Those might resonate with some fans more than others though. It seems like lately there is a group of fans who don't see those things as important. I agree they are not necessary, but then I see what kind of t rated halo game we got and imo, it is complete trash as far as story goes. I simply do not want to relive that.
You guys do know that everywhere else in the world every Halo has the T rating equivalent right? The trilogy, ODST, Reach and 4 were all rated 16. Halo infinite doesn't need a M rating to be good