Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Possible Halo infinite plot

OP l Volution l

What if the story is split into two parts again ? Aka we have chief and maybe blue team in the Halo ring finding fragments of Cortana to put her back together. Cheif would be fighting Prometheans and any other race that's aligned with the created. While Locke and fireteam Osiris is on reach getting old remnants and who knows what to either A help the unsc in the war against the created or B something to help cheif all the while fighting the banished. So more towards the end of the campaign Locke and cheif reconvene to finish off the created. Just an idea I had.
343i received major backlash for splitting the story in Halo 5. They've already stated that this will be a Chief focused game.
So it's unlikely this will happen. If it did then its highly unlikely it would be with fireteam Osiris.
343i received major backlash for splitting the story in Halo 5. They've already stated that this will be a Chief focused game.
So it's unlikely this will happen. If it did then its highly unlikely it would be with fireteam Osiris.
I agree. But I will say that I would not be opposed to a split campaign between Arby and Chief again. H2 got some backlash at first because of that, but obviously Arby has become a fan favorite character. If anyone is approved by the fanbase to share the spotlight, it's him. So I would say there is a small opportunity for a split campaign, so long as the Arbiter is the one it is being split with. Otherwise, let's just keep it Chief-centric until this franchise gets back on its feet.
What if the story is split into two parts again ? Aka we have chief and maybe blue team in the Halo ring finding fragments of Cortana to put her back together. Cheif would be fighting Prometheans and any other race that's aligned with the created. While Locke and fireteam Osiris is on reach getting old remnants and who knows what to either A help the unsc in the war against the created or B something to help cheif all the while fighting the banished. So more towards the end of the campaign Locke and cheif reconvene to finish off the created. Just an idea I had.
ya, highly doubt they will try that any time soon. If there is any real form of splitting, it would be an implementation fo side missions. Like, have the main story missions be chief and if its semi open world like some stuff says, then have side missions that let you play smaller scope things from a different perspective (members of blue team or an ODST for example).
I'm split on this. Halo 2 did the same, and the game itself was somewhat unfinished. Initially, I wasn't a fan of Halo 2, primarily for its dual character role that you play through. But I now consider it to be one of the best Halo games of all time. Though I still see it as a slightly broken game.

Halo 5 may have worked better if we jumped back into the shoes of the Arbiter again, instead of Locke.
About the plot... I hope the time travel rumor is fake And its just a flashback. It'd be cool if Co-op has a selection again but from anyone from Blue Team , Red Team , Osiris, and Arbitier.(or your own customized spartain 4/ Elite from mutiplayer) Execpt one person always has to be cheif for the story. Flood , blood , and dont forget the last mission vehicle run.
What if 343i gives you 2 choices, save Cortana or save Arbiter? Who are you saving?
Not interested in playing as Locke ever again, and not interested in playing alongside fireteam osiris either. I'd personally rather they do away with the "fireteam companions" and just go back to lone wolf chief.

By the way Halo 5's campaign was recieved, I find it very unlikely that 343 would have the player playing as Locke again. Maybe in a small snippet, but in any significant portion of the game? Dont see it.
F4NNtastik wrote:
What if 343i gives you 2 choices, save Cortana or save Arbiter? Who are you saving?
Arbiter.. no contest. Cortana died in H4 and it should have stayed that way

Also.... bros before (you know the rest)
F4NNtastik wrote:
I hope they don't do what Gears 5 did because now how do you pick what happens in the next game?