Possible Prometheans in Halo Infinite

OP Xecuter 117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
C0RRuPTT wrote:
High probability that we will at least gain some closure on Prometheans if they are not directly in the game. Also, there is a new book that looks to have a Promethean Soldier on the cover.
Hmmmmmm, I though that was 343 Guilty Spark on the cover
It may be guilty spark, at first glance it certainly looks like a soldier from H5, especially with the Light Rifle.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
High probability that we will at least gain some closure on Prometheans if they are not directly in the game. Also, there is a new book that looks to have a Promethean Soldier on the cover.
Cant be 343 guilty spark as you kill him in halo 3 right after he takes sgt johnson out
He transferred his consciousness to a robotic shell in a book.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Cant be 343 guilty spark as you kill him in halo 3 right after he takes sgt johnson out
Typical! More things people wont know unless you've read the books i do like the books but i hate it when they miss stuff put in games and expect that everyone has read all the books to fill in blanks that shouldnt be there! Really annoyed me how blue team were just all of a sudden there in halo 5! No story of where they were the whole time and how they ended up back with chief
I don't like to fight Prometheans, they're annoying and uninteresting. Specially the boss fights in Halo 5, which were a huge pain in the bottom. Boss fights in FPS are hard to get right, usually bosses are just boring bullet sponges.

If the Prometheans are back, I hope 343i successfully rebalance them and make them more fun, like the Covenant/Banished. And avoid bosses, pretty please; one thing that I loved in Halo CE and Halo 3 is that instead of a final boss we had an awesome escape on our Warthogs. Or, if you absolutely have to put OP bosses in the game, at least make things more interesting and let us do it in vehicles.
Whats a boss fight to you?
Syxnrgy wrote:
Tartarus in halo 2. Silly fight to bring down shield system while you dodge hammer. Regret's another one.

Heretic leader is on higher difficulties. On lower difficulties he's effectively 1-shottable.
I’m gonna be real I didn’t “hate” the prometheans I just found some of their gimmicks too annoying and just not fun to fight sometimes. If they were to return they should make some changes but idk what yet
Imagine a 4 way fight.

Prometheans and banished
Flood
Sentinels
UNSC

Now that would be epic and not something often done. For example we have had three way fights. But rarely anything more then that. And the combat AI has seen only slight improvements.
GangWeedET wrote:
I’m gonna be real I didn’t “hate” the prometheans I just found some of their gimmicks too annoying and just not fun to fight sometimes. If they were to return they should make some changes but idk what yet
I don't like how their bodies disappear into thin air.

Seems like a cheap way to save processing resources.
Bullet-sponges no! H4 Knights were a little OP but fine overall. I just don't need Halo attempting to be off-brand Destiny with massive-HP enemies as in H5. Total turnoff and departure from what makes Halo, Halo.
The promethean stuff is some of the worst and most bland concept work I've ever seen in a game with this budget, it made me actively hate 343i and everyone involved in their projects creatively.

These people shouldn't be making Halo.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Typical! More things people wont know unless you've read the books i do like the books but i hate it when they miss stuff put in games and expect that everyone has read all the books to fill in blanks that shouldnt be there! Really annoyed me how blue team were just all of a sudden there in halo 5! No story of where they were the whole time and how they ended up back with chief
Except the story with Spark is completely detached from the events of the games so nobody actually has to know about it to make sense of the games. Personally, things that happen in the Halo universe shouldn’t grind to a halt because of the games.

After all, I think blaming things happening in the books for game confusion is overblown a lot of the time. First Strike told us how Chief makes it back to Earth and how Johnson survives but Halo 2 doesn’t and yet fans did just fine. That isn’t to say everything in 4 or 5 were perfectly explained, but sometimes I think people genuinely didn’t pay attention.

Coming back to the main point for the thread, I really hope the Prometheans return. Those that continue to exist still contain the tortured souls of humans composed by the Didact. That really needs some resolution. Further, they serve as a good contrast with Chief. Him and the Knights were innocent people turned in war machines by outside powers. Only difference is that the Knights are pure machines, but was Chief ever that far off from being that too at least symbolically?

Maybe their combat can be refined, but at this point I’d say even the normal Covenant enemies ceased being innovative years ago. At least the Crawlers offer danger from multiple angles, Watchers can shield enemies, revive enemies, and catch grenades. Knights tend to be bullet sponges..but so are the Brutes.
There is barely anything pointing towards Prometheans being in Infinite. This is either one of the more strange marketing decisions, or they are simply not in the game. Given Infinite's very boring approach so far, the latter is starting to sound true.
Infinite is going to be their 10 year plan, there's likely going to be many different stories with different sandboxes, areas, and enemies. (Wouldn't mind an SPV3 style CE remaster with 343 level technology.)
Syxnrgy wrote:
Tartarus in halo 2. Silly fight to bring down shield system while you dodge hammer. Regret's another one.

Heretic leader is on higher difficulties. On lower difficulties he's effectively 1-shottable.
Thanks to Halo Wars, we have a lot of opportunities to expand this list for the Banished
Yskas8345 wrote:
The promethean stuff is some of the worst and most bland concept work I've ever seen in a game with this budget, it made me actively hate 343i and everyone involved in their projects creatively.

It gave me the impression they were trying to make a transformers game.
Yskas8345 wrote:

I feel a Transformers/ Space Power Rangers vibe in H5 from a lot or the "sleek" promethean designs and the god awful, shiny candy-paint jobs on the Spartans. This is not a compliment.
Yskas8345 wrote:

I feel a Transformers/ Space Power Rangers vibe in H5 from a lot or the "sleek" promethean designs and the god awful, shiny candy-paint jobs on the Spartans. This is not a compliment.
Oh I know. Hence Halo 5 being such a big departure from what Halo is. Was undoubtedly the worse Halo game in the entire franchise.
Yskas8345 wrote:

I don’t think you’ve seen anything Transformers or Power Rangers related if that is the comparison you’re making.
Not covenant enemies are all the same so I am fine with it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3