Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Potential non-cannon Crossovers

OP wingedwolf111

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
so i was thinking.... how to people feel about non-cannon crossover armor sets in infinite? especially now that Microsoft owns 3 of the bigger Sci Fi franchises in gaming (doom halo and gears) it seems like a bigger and bigger possibility. and taking in to consideration this has been happening since halo 3 with the hyabusa (ninja giaden) and halo 4/5 with vennator (dead space).

a few armors id like to see:

COG (gears of war)
praetor suit (Doom 2016/doom eternal)
Classic doom combat suit (Classic doom)
Armor from Marathon (i know security looks similar but i mean the exact one)
Dead space 1 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
dead space 2 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
N7 armor (mass effect)

any one else have some armors they would like to seen in halo?
I'll pass on that. I'd rather see armors that relate to the game itself, or that really make you feel like your a "spartan", or a super soldier. I love the one's we saw in December's Inside Infinite, I hope we see more designs like that.
So long as the cross over armours actually look like they belong in-universe, like Hyabusa does. And fits Infinite's style. Then I'm fine with it.
If we get a Praetor helmet in-game I'm gonna rock that -Yoink- in multiplayer.
I'll pass on that. I'd rather see armors that relate to the game itself, or that really make you feel like your a "spartan", or a super soldier. I love the one's we saw in December's Inside Infinite, I hope we see more designs like that.
just pointing out hyabusa and venator ( both crossovers) do relate to the cannon and fit the art style of the games they are in

lbco13 wrote:
So long as the cross over armours actually look like they belong in-universe, like Hyabusa does. And fits Infinite's style. Then I'm fine with it.
of course that's a given i dont expect doom slayers proportions on a crossover armor lol that would look so out of place
We have a Mass Effect styled coating, Scorpion Punch I think
XenobyteZX wrote:
We have a Mass Effect styled coating, Scorpion Punch I think
Yeah that's true. Now if we could get an n7 helmet to match
Eh, focus more on the original armors before bringing new ones in.
taking in to consideration this has been happening since halo 3 with the hyabusa (ninja giaden) and halo 4/5 with vennator (dead space).

COG (gears of war)
N7 armor (mass effect)

I think there’s a distinct difference between the “crossover” armour of old; Halo 3 Hayabusa & Security, and what others you’re suggesting.
Also side note, Venator bears some wild resemblance to dead space’s advanced suit but it’s not a actual crossover. Maybe inspired by but certainly not a collaborative effort by any means.

The Security armour was made to be a reference towards Bungie’s Marathon game. A way of acknowledging their past work.
Hayabusa was a direct collaboration between Halo & Ninja Gaiden to fit a ninja styled armour into Halo. This was sorted by Xbox at the time as there was a deal between them and the folks who worked on Ninja Gaiden.

What you’re suggesting is completely taking armours from Gears, Mass Effect, DOOM & Dead Space and putting it into Infinite. There’s a few issues with this.

First of all, It needs to be styled appropriately to fit into Halo Infinite’s art style and aesthetic. A complete port of the armour would just look a bit weird. Sure Hyabusa & Security were properly stylised but some of the other stuff you’re suggesting would need a lot more work and I feel that may even ruin the aesthetic of what made those different armour unique.
If the classic DOOM armour isn’t my Spartan wearing a light chest plate and some pants is it even the true classic. Same with the updated, if it doesn’t have the gaps in the arms is it even close to the source material? So on, so forth with the rest of the armours.

Also, there is a bunch of licensing issues they have to deal with. Sure Xbox owns Gears & will soon own DOOM too. But EA have hold over Mass Effect & Dead Space, sure Xbox & EA have worked together for years but that’s a lot of paperwork to get through to share IP across different games.

I’m all for new armours and what not but it needs to be appropriate for Halo Infinite and not just put into the game for the sake of it.
Inspired by other game series sure, but directly porting them over with a new lick of paint, no way.
For me I think Halo will probably maintain its own armour ecosystem as fairly closed. However, I can certainly see Halo's content going out (as we've seen with Fortnite and Gears 5 recently) in external collaborations much more.

Halo is almost unique in its attention to canon for things in game and I think too many tie-ins would weaken that hugely
TheDonCJG wrote:
taking in to consideration this has been happening since halo 3 with the hyabusa (ninja giaden) and halo 4/5 with vennator (dead space).

COG (gears of war)
N7 armor (mass effect)

I think there’s a distinct difference between the “crossover” armour of old; Halo 3 Hayabusa & Security, and what others you’re suggesting.
Also side note, Venator bears some wild resemblance to dead space’s advanced suit but it’s not a actual crossover. Maybe inspired by but certainly not a collaborative effort by any means.

The Security armour was made to be a reference towards Bungie’s Marathon game. A way of acknowledging their past work.
Hayabusa was a direct collaboration between Halo & Ninja Gaiden to fit a ninja styled armour into Halo. This was sorted by Xbox at the time as there was a deal between them and the folks who worked on Ninja Gaiden.

What you’re suggesting is completely taking armours from Gears, Mass Effect, DOOM & Dead Space and putting it into Infinite. There’s a few issues with this.

First of all, It needs to be styled appropriately to fit into Halo Infinite’s art style and aesthetic. A complete port of the armour would just look a bit weird. Sure Hyabusa & Security were properly stylised but some of the other stuff you’re suggesting would need a lot more work and I feel that may even ruin the aesthetic of what made those different armour unique.
If the classic DOOM armour isn’t my Spartan wearing a light chest plate and some pants is it even the true classic. Same with the updated, if it doesn’t have the gaps in the arms is it even close to the source material? So on, so forth with the rest of the armours.

Also, there is a bunch of licensing issues they have to deal with. Sure Xbox owns Gears & will soon own DOOM too. But EA have hold over Mass Effect & Dead Space, sure Xbox & EA have worked together for years but that’s a lot of paperwork to get through to share IP across different games.

I’m all for new armours and what not but it needs to be appropriate for Halo Infinite and not just put into the game for the sake of it.
Inspired by other game series sure, but directly porting them over with a new lick of paint, no way.
well i did mean directly inspired by. of course id want them to be changed enough to fit halos eco system if they can get permission to do it so it resembles it more closely all the better. i would still want it to fit halos look and lore. while the crossover itself would be non cannon id assume the armor would be

MorseyBaby wrote:
For me I think Halo will probably maintain its own armour ecosystem as fairly closed. However, I can certainly see Halo's content going out (as we've seen with Fortnite and Gears 5 recently) in external collaborations much more.

Halo is almost unique in its attention to canon for things in game and I think too many tie-ins would weaken that hugely
i still think you could have armor that resembles say doom eternals head shoulders and chest or the cog chest and put a spin on it to make it fit the lore (again hyabusa)

im also loving the other crossovers (i play as chief in fortnight and emile in gears almost exclusively. and id love to see halo show up in more media ( mijonir Mk 6/gen 3 in doom for example, i have a whole concept im building for it, like energy sword for his arm blade etc etc)
Firstly I cannot believe this entire time I did not realize Venator was inspired by Dead Space. I do agree with what other people have said that Halo is more likely to show up in other games rather than other games showing up in Halo. Halo has always had a rich lore and story all its own and I feel like people get a bit upset when anything breaks that lore. Reminds me a bit of Star Wars in that way. But we're on the internet where anything goes so we can let our imagination run wild. I would love to see an Anthem inspired armor, which I feel was already kinda close to the aesthetic of Halo so it wouldn't be too hard to make an armor from that. I know Anthem is now dead but that game had so much promise and the art style was not bad. Moving on from dead games, I'd love a more medieval themed armor, maybe something from Skyrim/Elder Scrolls since Microsoft now owns Bethesda.
Firstly I cannot believe this entire time I did not realize Venator was inspired by Dead Space. I do agree with what other people have said that Halo is more likely to show up in other games rather than other games showing up in Halo. Halo has always had a rich lore and story all its own and I feel like people get a bit upset when anything breaks that lore. Reminds me a bit of Star Wars in that way. But we're on the internet where anything goes so we can let our imagination run wild. I would love to see an Anthem inspired armor, which I feel was already kinda close to the aesthetic of Halo so it wouldn't be too hard to make an armor from that. I know Anthem is now dead but that game had so much promise and the art style was not bad. Moving on from dead games, I'd love a more medieval themed armor, maybe something from Skyrim/Elder Scrolls since Microsoft now owns Bethesda.
it may not be official but how can the venator not be the advance suit lol. at the very least the artist was a fan of dead space.

im still convinced that there are tons of armour in halo already loosley inspired by other games. and it still fits cannon. we could easaly get say the prator armor (doom) and say that in cannon its made for tougher Spartans who made need to deal with flood outbreaks for example. most people seem do dislike when a reference breaks cannon, then fine why not make a reference then morph it to fit cannon?
it may not be official but how can the venator not be the advance suit lol. at the very least the artist was a fan of dead space.

im still convinced that there are tons of armour in halo already loosley inspired by other games. and it still fits cannon. we could easaly get say the prator armor (doom) and say that in cannon its made for tougher Spartans who made need to deal with flood outbreaks for example. most people seem do dislike when a reference breaks cannon, then fine why not make a reference then morph it to fit cannon?
I do love how every piece of armor in Halo 5 had a little blurb on the bottom to give it some lore as to how it was made or what function it was intended for. I'm sure that there are a few armors already in Halo that are inspired by other games, so if they just went crazy and did even more of those but then wrapped it into the lore I see that as a win-win for everyone!

I do love how every piece of armor in Halo 5 had a little blurb on the bottom to give it some lore as to how it was made or what function it was intended for. I'm sure that there are a few armors already in Halo that are inspired by other games, so if they just went crazy and did even more of those but then wrapped it into the lore I see that as a win-win for everyone!
how does hulk say it? absolute win?
Give me the Doom Slayer from Eternal and I am good with that, maybe something from Gears, since Halo is already in G5 makes sense.
Give me the Doom Slayer from Eternal and I am good with that, maybe something from Gears, since Halo is already in G5 makes sense.
it would be so cool. even if its just cosmetic and has a completely different lore. i also want to see chiefs Mjolnir Mk 7 gen 3 show up in Doom eternal with an energy sword arm blade.

And yeah with the halo in fears 5 and the coalition helping make halo infinite I fully expect a cog helmet and chest.
Well since the deal with Bethesda has gone through...Doom guy is now more than likely since Xbox owns Doom.
Plus after Gears 5 recently using Halo content...I suspect Gears content will end up in Infinite.

As for Marathon that could happen but they would have to talk to Bungie about that and I suspect that's unlikely.

As for Deadspace and Mass Effect those might be even harder to get hold of.

Anyway it be nice if Halo Infinite gives us different versions of the Doom armours so I could play as modern or classic Doom guy or the Doom Unicorn guy.
Also wouldn't mind if they let us play with an armour inspired by Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel and maybe an armour inspired by Skyrim.

On a side note...I kind of now want to see Doom Guy turn up in Gears somehow.
ronnie42 wrote:
Well since the deal with Bethesda has gone through...Doom guy is now more than likely since Xbox owns Doom.
Plus after Gears 5 recently using Halo content...I suspect Gears content will end up in Infinite.

As for Marathon that could happen but they would have to talk to Bungie about that and I suspect that's unlikely.

Anyway it be nice if Halo Infinite gives us different versions of the Doom armours so I could play as modern or classic Doom guy or the Doom Unicorn guy.
Also wouldn't mind if they let us play with an armour inspired by Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel and maybe an armour inspired by Skyrim.

I don't see the unicorn armour showing up unless its the fotus helmet lol... But at minimum I am positive the modern doom gear will show up in some capacity. I could see the classic being an inspiration but I'm not sure

Dead space is more or less in halo already with the vanator being a dead ringer for dead spaces advance suit no?

And yeah with the coalition helping make halo infinite I'm positive some cog armour will show up. Maybe with a lancer skin for the AR??
ronnie42 wrote:

I don't see the unicorn armour showing up unless its the fotus helmet lol... But at minimum I am positive the modern doom gear will show up in some capacity. I could see the classic being an inspiration but I'm not sure

Dead space is more or less in halo already with the vanator being a dead ringer for dead spaces advance suit no?

And yeah with the coalition helping make halo infinite I'm positive some cog armour will show up. Maybe with a lancer skin for the AR??
Well since it's going to be a 10 year game...I think it's bound to happen eventually.

As for Dead-space yeh it sort of does look like it but as for using the Deadspace armour itself it might take a while.

Not sure about the skins but I guess some weapons could get ported over from Gears.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2