Potential non-cannon Crossovers

OP wingedwolf111

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Well since the deal with Bethesda has gone through...Doom guy is now more than likely since Xbox owns Doom.
Plus after Gears 5 recently using Halo content...I suspect Gears content will end up in Infinite.

As for Marathon that could happen but they would have to talk to Bungie about that and I suspect that's unlikely.

As for Deadspace and Mass Effect those might be even harder to get hold of.

Anyway it be nice if Halo Infinite gives us different versions of the Doom armours so I could play as modern or classic Doom guy or the Doom Unicorn guy.
Also wouldn't mind if they let us play with an armour inspired by Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel and maybe an armour inspired by Skyrim.

On a side note...I kind of now want to see Doom Guy turn up in Gears somehow.
I don't see the unicorn armour showing up unless its the fotus helmet lol... But at minimum I am positive the modern doom gear will show up in some capacity. I could see the classic being an inspiration but I'm not sure

Dead space is more or less in halo already with the vanator being a dead ringer for dead spaces advance suit no?

And yeah with the coalition helping make halo infinite I'm positive some cog armour will show up. Maybe with a lancer skin for the AR??
Well since it's going to be a 10 year game...I think it's bound to happen eventually.

As for Dead-space yeh it sort of does look like it but as for using the Deadspace armour itself it might take a while.

Not sure about the skins but I guess some weapons could get ported over from Gears.
I do think the idea of weapon skins that make the guns look completely different (but don't change the functionality at all) would be a sweet idea. Just an example but make the AR from halo infinite look like the halo 4 one, or if its a crossover make the shotgun look like to doom shotgun.

It would take some work to change reload animations (its why I'm not sure weapon crossovers work as well) but if not then give the AR a COG looking skin.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Well since the deal with Bethesda has gone through...Doom guy is now more than likely since Xbox owns Doom.
Plus after Gears 5 recently using Halo content...I suspect Gears content will end up in Infinite.

As for Marathon that could happen but they would have to talk to Bungie about that and I suspect that's unlikely.

Anyway it be nice if Halo Infinite gives us different versions of the Doom armours so I could play as modern or classic Doom guy or the Doom Unicorn guy.
Also wouldn't mind if they let us play with an armour inspired by Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel and maybe an armour inspired by Skyrim.

I do think the idea of weapon skins that make the guns look completely different (but don't change the functionality at all) would be a sweet idea. Just an example but make the AR from halo infinite look like the halo 4 one, or if its a crossover make the shotgun look like to doom shotgun.

It would take some work to change reload animations (its why I'm not sure weapon crossovers work as well) but if not then give the AR a COG looking skin.
Well weapon crossovers could work via updates like how weapons were added via Halo 5....just means more weapons to test in the Infinite sandbox.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Well weapon crossovers could work via updates like how weapons were added via Halo 5....just means more weapons to test in the Infinite sandbox.
i see them putting in classic weapons/dual wielding and playable elites in the game before i see them adding full guns from other games.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

i see them putting in classic weapons/dual wielding and playable elites in the game before i see them adding full guns from other games.
Anything's possible if there trying to turn this into a 10 year old Halo game.
so i was thinking.... how to people feel about non-cannon crossover armor sets in infinite? especially now that Microsoft owns 3 of the bigger Sci Fi franchises in gaming (doom halo and gears) it seems like a bigger and bigger possibility. and taking in to consideration this has been happening since halo 3 with the hyabusa (ninja giaden) and halo 4/5 with vennator (dead space).

a few armors id like to see:

COG (gears of war)
praetor suit (Doom 2016/doom eternal)
Classic doom combat suit (Classic doom)
Armor from Marathon (i know security looks similar but i mean the exact one)
Dead space 1 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
dead space 2 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
N7 armor (mass effect)

any one else have some armors they would like to seen in halo?
Although I would be okay with seeing armor that is slightly influenced by another franchise, I would really prefer not to see anything out of universe.
so i was thinking.... how to people feel about non-cannon crossover armor sets in infinite? especially now that Microsoft owns 3 of the bigger Sci Fi franchises in gaming (doom halo and gears) it seems like a bigger and bigger possibility. and taking in to consideration this has been happening since halo 3 with the hyabusa (ninja giaden) and halo 4/5 with vennator (dead space).

a few armors id like to see:

COG (gears of war)
praetor suit (Doom 2016/doom eternal)
Classic doom combat suit (Classic doom)
Armor from Marathon (i know security looks similar but i mean the exact one)
Dead space 1 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
dead space 2 armor (dead franchise cant hurt)
N7 armor (mass effect)

any one else have some armors they would like to seen in halo?
Although I would be okay with seeing armor that is slightly influenced by another franchise, I would really prefer not to see anything out of universe.
yeah i should have been more specific in saying inspiered by not directly porting

like how venator or hyabusa are clearly inspired by dead spaces advance suit and ninja gaiden respectively
Given the apparent limited resources of infinite, I'd prefer they be put to use for actual halo things.
Eh, focus more on the original armors before bringing new ones in.
That's what people said before Halo 5 came out, and now you can have a helmet like a coffee machine.
Shepard's N7 helmet look more Halo than that garbage.
Eh, focus more on the original armors before bringing new ones in.
That's what people said before Halo 5 came out, and now you can have a helmet like a coffee machine.
Shepard's N7 helmet look more Halo than that garbage.
By original, I meant stuff like ODST or Recon that have Halo origin, not inspired by other games.
Hayabusa is still one of my all time favorites, if 343 is able to better organize the armory in Infinite and drop off a lot of the excessive and redundant designs then I see no reason why they wouldnt be able to add some of these armor sets. I would definitely be interested in COG or dead space style armors.
I'd prefer no non-canon crossover armor but I guess if its unavoidable then wth. It would be better if it fits well as armor and it's not an obvious crossover. The Doom armor would probably be too obvious in my opinion
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2