Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Pre game lobby

OP Bk Chez

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can we have a Pre- game lobby, Allow us to Veto Maps and also ADD as much info on an account as possible.

we want to see a players;

COMP rank
Overall level
Matches played, split via all game modes
K/D
Win/Loss
Highest COMP rank achived and what season

Why games have taken this out in the last 10 years is beyond me, more then likely to make bad players fell better... and also as a top 1% Player i don't want social to be a SBMM Mess. SBMM in Comp. Not in social.
I’d like to see a pre game lobby similar to Reach. It’s something me and friends have talked about. Seeing other players stats, ranks and armour etc.

Don’t want it to be overloaded with everything though. KD, Win-Loss and rank for the season would be nice to see
I think a overall K/D being displayed is useless, k/d doesn’t show skill really, I mean say your new to playing you’re not going to do well but when you start getting really good your k/d might still be bad from when you started playing. I agree with map vetoing it would make it a bit easier to play on a map you want.
Yep. K/D is a pretty useless stat. If matchmaking is working well... everyone's K/D should be close to 1 (with a W/L of 50%).

High K/D means you are either playing below your level or deliberately kill farming in objective games.

As for the pre-game lobby... I'm all for more info. Allow players to show off their spartan rank, recent medals, armours, stances etc.

Some sort of combat data would be handy... so that you can get a feel for who you are fighting with and/or against. Favourite weapons. Average kill distance. Preferred roles etc.

Also... I would love to have your game completion rate front and square... to deter quitters.
I'd rather simply see:

Spartan Armour: For specific game

Rank

Ability to view service record

Voting
Ability to mute players in the pre game lobby please. Most basic feature that should be standard in all games.
Bk Chez wrote:
Can we have a Pre- game lobby, Allow us to Veto Maps and also ADD as much info on an account as possible.

COMP rank
Overall level
K/D
Win/Loss

Why games have taken this out in the last 10 years is beyond me, more then likely to make bad players fell better... and also as a top 1% Player i don't want social to be a SBMM Mess. SBMM in Comp. Not in social.
top 1
Bk Chez wrote:

COMP rank
Overall level
K/D
Win/Loss

top 1 percent for what your account says u havent played halo 5
Lemme critique this.

K/D
K/D is stupid, simply put, I have about a 1.27 K/D in GTA, where someone with the same exact skill and everything may have a 0.67 K/D. Wanna know how I went from having a 0.67 to 1.27? Because I got better equipment. That's where the req packs are flawed. Of course when you have an ONI Scorpion, you'll best a regular Scorpion. It's like this: who's K/D is higher, the griefer on the fighter jet, or the kid minding ther own business on a decent motorcycle?

Rank
Rank does mean who might have more reqs, I get it, but I am an amazing driver if I pull out a Warthog. Just give me a chance, don't be a bad gunner, and we'll be fine. I find myself giving Wasps away, too, although this is fairly rare. Still, you could be a top dog player at level 1, just pull up in a warthog and watch me blast these morons, hell, I'm a better Warthog driver than I am gunner, so I often try to switch roles, then often times they'll message me saying stuff like, "Nice driving, join my fireteam?"

COMP Rank
I hate to say it but I have no idea what COMP is. If I'm guessing it would be how you complete matches. Do you quit? Do you stay? If so, then they need to have a system for that. Honestly GTA does a damn fine job. Separate those who quit from those who stay by making a bad sport system. I've seen players get incinerated off the Warthog turret tons of times, some call me the idiot, some deal with it, some quit. This would help keep players away from rage-quiting.

Matches played
Why does it matter if I've played a million to one matches? Are you really that critical? Seriosly you need to chill, man.

Win/Loss
W/L is not just based by how skilled you are, but also your teammates. If you get crappy teammates, of course you'll lose. Having three team members who get slaughtered, but even yourself being as high a K/D player as possible, it still won't add up. Your team sucks.

Highest COMP rank
Seriously, leave rank to one number, not fifteen million.

Overall, you're just complaining about things that don't matter. If you want to do that go to Call of Duty. I would like to see a gamertag to see who I'm playing with, but everything else is useless. Now I will say, I did like the player preferences in the old games. A chatty team is better than a quiet team, so if you want, set a preference. I like chatty teams myself, they don't tell me "Shut the -honk- up!" when I simply told them that I'm getting a Warthog out, be ready to hop the turret when I come by.
I'm fine with adding more details to the player lobby for pre-game because I liked that about classic Halo but voting/veteoing should never return, is one of the worst things about Halo matchmaking and forces the same few maps to be voted over, over so like said in other threads good riddance to voting/veto and I hope it never returns.

As for K/D I don't think that's a good idea, all it will does is boost peoples ego's, lead to people quitting if they see a K/D they don't like. They should stick with simple things like seeing the players armour or seeing what difficulty they complete the campaign on, checking their overall rank (not skill based rank).
Lemme critique this.

K/D
K/D is stupid, simply put, I have about a 1.27 K/D in GTA, where someone with the same exact skill and everything may have a 0.67 K/D. Wanna know how I went from having a 0.67 to 1.27? Because I got better equipment. That's where the req packs are flawed. Of course when you have an ONI Scorpion, you'll best a regular Scorpion. It's like this: who's K/D is higher, the griefer on the fighter jet, or the kid minding ther own business on a decent motorcycle?

Rank
Rank does mean who might have more reqs, I get it, but I am an amazing driver if I pull out a Warthog. Just give me a chance, don't be a bad gunner, and we'll be fine. I find myself giving Wasps away, too, although this is fairly rare. Still, you could be a top dog player at level 1, just pull up in a warthog and watch me blast these morons, hell, I'm a better Warthog driver than I am gunner, so I often try to switch roles, then often times they'll message me saying stuff like, "Nice driving, join my fireteam?"

COMP Rank
I hate to say it but I have no idea what COMP is. If I'm guessing it would be how you complete matches. Do you quit? Do you stay? If so, then they need to have a system for that. Honestly GTA does a damn fine job. Separate those who quit from those who stay by making a bad sport system. I've seen players get incinerated off the Warthog turret tons of times, some call me the idiot, some deal with it, some quit. This would help keep players away from rage-quiting.

Matches played
Why does it matter if I've played a million to one matches? Are you really that critical? Seriosly you need to chill, man.

Win/Loss
W/L is not just based by how skilled you are, but also your teammates. If you get crappy teammates, of course you'll lose. Having three team members who get slaughtered, but even yourself being as high a K/D player as possible, it still won't add up. Your team sucks.

Highest COMP rank
Seriously, leave rank to one number, not fifteen million.

Overall, you're just complaining about things that don't matter. If you want to do that go to Call of Duty. I would like to see a gamertag to see who I'm playing with, but everything else is useless. Now I will say, I did like the player preferences in the old games. A chatty team is better than a quiet team, so if you want, set a preference. I like chatty teams myself, they don't tell me "Shut the -honk- up!" when I simply told them that I'm getting a Warthog out, be ready to hop the turret when I come by.
I have a few things to say here:

1. K/D:
I don't think, it's as easy as you put it here.. It's more like who knows the best way to counter something and foremost how to outplay your Opponent.. I can still reck a ONI Scorpion User with a regular tank (that said, the Enemy has to be below my Skill Level [of course, if s/he has better Equipment] or has to have the worse tactical position (less cover; etc.).. A simply Active Camouflage Equipped Spartan can take out a lonely, not aware, Oni Scorpion with ease after all..

2. Rank (I think u mean Overall Rank like Recruit to Inheritor here):
I don't really know, what you're trying to say here.. Of course, u can be All that u described wether you're still Rank 1 or have like 70.000.000ExP.. I think the point here is, that it's an Indicator (and just that alone) of how well someone's into the Game and how much experience with the mechanics s/he possess.. I think that's one of the few Things, that would be really good to show in these Lobbies.. For your mentally preparation in advance and to show of how much "in love" you're with the game.

3. Comp Rank:
Comp Rank is your TrueSkill Level (1-50) or (I dunno how they call it in Guardians) Ranking from Bronze I to Top200 Champion Rankings for said Game. It represents (or should represent) how well you do in your Games, especially under Arena-Conditions (Even Starts, Map Control, etc.) and is a seasonal thing. I would like to see maybe the Current Rank in a Pre Game Lobby (isn't a must), what's a must is that if I click on a Person, there should be immediately the "Service Record" Option pop up, which shows everything OP mentioned (Current CR, best CR and which Season, K/D, Win/Loss, etc.)

4. Matches Played:
Agreed.. Maybe put it in the Service Record, like the stuff I mentioned in Comp Rank

5. Win/Loss
Agreed 1.000%, if you're a solo player, there are just so many times your team gets deleted.. Doesn't mean, you're the best in the world and it doesn't mean you're bad.. It's just an Indicator for different things and could be explained in 200 different ways. However, it should show up somewhere in the Service Record again.

6. Highest Comp Rank:
See 3.

So in the end I'd like to have a clean pregame lobby with different stats showed in the Service Record a few Clicks away.. We don't need every single statistic show up in the Pregame Lobby jumping straight in our faces.. I'd like to add, that people, who don't want to play "statistically far better players" would just leave as soon as they see them, so that would be another occurring problem.

Why the OP claims s/he's a top 1% Player, but creates a Second Account just to post in these Forums is also beyond me, but that's off-topic (no offense, OP).
Darwi wrote:
Yep. K/D is a pretty useless stat. If matchmaking is working well... everyone's K/D should be close to 1 (with a W/L of 50%).

High K/D means you are either playing below your level or deliberately kill farming in objective games.

As for the pre-game lobby... I'm all for more info. Allow players to show off their spartan rank, recent medals, armours, stances etc.

Some sort of combat data would be handy... so that you can get a feel for who you are fighting with and/or against. Favourite weapons. Average kill distance. Preferred roles etc.

Also... I would love to have your game completion rate front and square... to deter quitters.
That My friend is why all recent Casual gamemodes feel like crap everyone's K/D should be close to 1 (with a W/L of 50%). Nope. EVERYONE should be put into a match regardless of Rank, K/D and also MM rank, how it was in halo 3 and it was fine, if i want to play ranked at level 45-50 then i will go play MLG playlists.
I don't like the idea of stats like K/D and W/L in the lobby. There are two reasons.

1) The inevitable stat bashers, players will get ridiculed for what appear to be poor stats, or stats that make the player look like they're bad. It will happen.

2) The so called elite might quit or back out of the lobby if they're teamed up with what appears to be a lesser skilled team mate. It will happen.

I see no positives coming from the inclusion of stats pre game.
eviltedi wrote:
I don't like the idea of stats like K/D and W/L in the lobby. There are two reasons.

1) The inevitable stat bashers, players will get ridiculed for what appear to be poor stats, or stats that make the player look like they're bad. It will happen.

2) The so called elite might quit or back out of the lobby if they're teamed up with what appears to be a lesser skilled team mate. It will happen.

I see no positives coming from the inclusion of stats pre game.
Another one I've seen:

The try-hard K/D booster quitting out upon spotting dangerous K/D levels (and implied skill) on opponents. Keep the stat stored somewhere, but it'd be wise to keep it for personal use only.
Bk Chez wrote:

COMP rank
Overall level
K/D
Win/Loss

I don't mind them showing the stats or not, but at least putting more equal skill players in matches based on hidden or visible stats would be better. I'm tired of getting a grifball team that does nothing lol

Edit: I think hiding the stats would be a better option to avoid people quitting matches if they see someone with a low kd or wl. Seeing low kd and things like that invite toxic people to be... well toxic.
Emphasise presentation. Reach had a vertical style of player roster, Halo went with a horizontal style. Vertical makes more sense.
Just copy Reach. I don't think i've seen a game do a user interface better. Everything is easy to find, it all makes sense and it looks great.
Darwi wrote:

Heck yeah i agree with you this would be a nice thing to have in the next Halo
Just copy Reach. I don't think i've seen a game do a user interface better. Everything is easy to find, it all makes sense and it looks great.
Just do this, Reach's interface is the best until now (if infinit's onr is beter).I totally agree.
I agree with Eviltedi, Heroic Snorro and Darwi that stat padding by showing K/D & W/L is bad, i think it should be available in menu though, it should be a stat one can compare with friends, the more the merrier in that regard, but not shown to randoms, it's affects gameplay as the more hardcore MM people will back in search or create stat pad accounts.

I had a stat pad team, used to be top 3 for laser kills per game and top 10 total in 2011 before i used it less, and my friend enough bananas was #1 in world for BTB kills and assists per game with over 32 at the time, (before it dipped to 31, moving to 2nd, then 15 booster accounts came along). We searched 8s but there was usually 5 of us that were very good, averaged over 20 k+a/g without search quitting or vote abusing (not just spam CTF for farm), we were just a custom games group in 3 then moved to BTB in Reach as we weren't as fussed on Reach customs.

Pardon the nostalgia trip, point is it happens. I think current rank and highest achieved are all that is important for ranked modes. I think top 2 or top 3 weapons would be cool, as most would be the spawn weapon as #1, kill distance with each etc. Favourite map or playlist playtime breakdown could be cool too. Simple but informative is ideal, In reach lobby you could hover over a player, check stats. I could check all players in a BTB lobby before a game started. Quick and easy access goes a long way.

A fleshed out player data page where you click on gamertag, go check stats and it comes with an easy to read player page would be ideal, maybe allow friends to check W/L and K/D but omit it if players aren't friends, those stats do mess with the competitive spirit of the game.
Prepare for the "people will quit if they can your rank and kd" comments, even through more people quit in Halo5 than any other Halo combined. If the matches are unbalanced it's not the players' fault for quitting. Nobody should be expected to carry, and bad players shouldn't be playing ranked anyway unless they have a team. I didn't just jump into ranked games in H2 or H3. I had friends playing with me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2