Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Pre game lobby

OP Bk Chez

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Prepare for the "people will quit if they can your rank and kd" comments, even through more people quit in Halo5 than any other Halo combined. If the matches are unbalanced it's not the players' fault for quitting. Nobody should be expected to carry, and bad players shouldn't be playing ranked anyway unless they have a team. I didn't just jump into ranked games in H2 or H3. I had friends playing with me.
So you're one of those quitters that sees a bad ranking player and decides to leave. Quit being an -Yoink- and just play the damn game. Halo 5's pre-game lobby was made this way because people like you. A spartan model and stance? I'm all for it, but everything else is encouragement for quitters. No wonder Halo 3 penalized players for quitting. I will admit, it does suck getting stuck with the kid who doesn't know how to drive a Warthog even remotely correct, but don't rage quit. Now one thing I will say needs to improve in the community is communication and teamwork. I cannot tell you how many times I've had an independent team of GIs(Ground Infantry). These guys would rather an AR over a Warthog? Please! I've even found players willing to commit suicide because I hopped the turret on their Warthog. Come on! Now how about those guys who at least try to communicate and use teamwork? I've done wonders on the mic with other chatty players, no matter how bad we might be independently, together we kick -Yoink-. Hell, sometimes those bad players just need communication, or to be used as an advantage. Back when Reach was fresh off the shelves, 1V1? I was terrible (but consider I was around 10). My team often stuck to me and used me as more bum-bait than anything, but it worked, and you say bad players shouldn't be playing ranked. Now later I stopped doing slayer and started doing Grifball while I did other games on my computer, but let's not talk about the dark ages that plummeted my K/D worse than it already was and screwed up my W/L ratio. Right now I wouldn't say I'm a top 1% like everybody else claims, (meanwhile 99.9% of you can't back it up) but I'm not bad. If I had to place myself; with full communication abilites I'd say I'd be a 2.0 or so, without communication being my downfall of 0.6 or so. Like I said, though, teamwork and communication makes a BIG difference. I'm the player that you'd want driving your Warthog, but yell at me if I try to hop the turret. All around, I'm not a lone wolf, I will admit.
Prepare for the "people will quit if they can your rank and kd" comments, even through more people quit in Halo5 than any other Halo combined. If the matches are unbalanced it's not the players' fault for quitting. Nobody should be expected to carry, and bad players shouldn't be playing ranked anyway unless they have a team. I didn't just jump into ranked games in H2 or H3. I had friends playing with me.
So you're one of those quitters that sees a bad ranking player and decides to leave. Quit being an -Yoink- and just play the damn game. Halo 5's pre-game lobby was made this way because people like you. A spartan model and stance? I'm all for it, but everything else is encouragement for quitters. No wonder Halo 3 penalized players for quitting. I will admit, it does suck getting stuck with the kid who doesn't know how to drive a Warthog even remotely correct, but don't rage quit. Now one thing I will say needs to improve in the community is communication and teamwork. I cannot tell you how many times I've had an independent team of GIs(Ground Infantry). These guys would rather an AR over a Warthog? Please! I've even found players willing to commit suicide because I hopped the turret on their Warthog. Come on! Now how about those guys who at least try to communicate and use teamwork? I've done wonders on the mic with other chatty players, no matter how bad we might be independently, together we kick -Yoink-. Hell, sometimes those bad players just need communication, or to be used as an advantage. Back when Reach was fresh off the shelves, 1V1? I was terrible (but consider I was around 10). My team often stuck to me and used me as more bum-bait than anything, but it worked, and you say bad players shouldn't be playing ranked. Now later I stopped doing slayer and started doing Grifball while I did other games on my computer, but let's not talk about the dark ages that plummeted my K/D worse than it already was and screwed up my W/L ratio. Right now I wouldn't say I'm a top 1% like everybody else claims, (meanwhile 99.9% of you can't back it up) but I'm not bad. If I had to place myself; with full communication abilites I'd say I'd be a 2.0 or so, without communication being my downfall of 0.6 or so. Like I said, though, teamwork and communication makes a BIG difference. I'm the player that you'd want driving your Warthog, but yell at me if I try to hop the turret. All around, I'm not a lone wolf, I will admit.
You can't see players' ranks until after the match. I don't leave matches either unless somebody on my team quits first.
You can't see players' ranks until after the match. I don't leave matches either unless somebody on my team quits first.
Great! So there's no problem with you. As for the ranks. Like I said, the reason 343 doesn't show as much info as halo used to was because of quitting early. That's why team games have more quitting early than free-for-all.
We should have things like rank, armor, tag, emblem, mute, and cross team pregame chat. No map voting but I think veto could be ok. Indifferent to that.
I'd rather simply see:

Spartan Armour: For specific game

Rank

Ability to view service record

Voting
Isn't that what we already have in halo 5? Aside from voting
I'd rather simply see:

Rank

Voting
Negative. You only see emblems in the pregame lobby, likely to deter dodgers. Though, the community is small enough now that you can recognize emblems.
Just copy Reach. I don't think i've seen a game do a user interface better. Everything is easy to find, it all makes sense and it looks great.
I agree. Reach has a great user interface.
I think detailed player stats should be reserved post-match to prevent dropouts and possibly even harassment.

I think it would be enough to see player cards with Gamertag, emblem over a custom background with ability to view game player armour, armory completion and game progress (difficulty completed, achievements unlocked, Overall Halo gamerscore)
I think detailed player stats should be reserved post-match to prevent dropouts and possibly even harassment.

I think it would be enough to see player cards with Gamertag, emblem over a custom background with ability to view game player armour, armory completion and game progress (difficulty completed, achievements unlocked, Overall Halo gamerscore)
Disagree completely. A balanced ranking system would deter dropouts, though nothing will completely stop players from quitting. If somebody is hypersensitive and can't handle mere words, there's a mute button. If somebody keeps spamming messages to you, there's a block and report option. The quality of xbox live deteriorated since the introduction of party chat followed by censorship of "no no words". Trash talk is a staple of Halo just as it is COD and makes the matches more fun.

Disagree completely. A balanced ranking system would deter dropouts, though nothing will completely stop players from quitting. If somebody is hypersensitive and can't handle mere words, there's a mute button. If somebody keeps spamming messages to you, there's a block and report option. The quality of xbox live deteriorated since the introduction of party chat followed by censorship of "no no words". Trash talk is a staple of Halo just as it is COD and makes the matches more fun.
I mean if you are matched with low KD teammates, you might quit and if you really want to know player stats, you can wait until after the match.
I'd rather simply see:

Rank

Voting
Indeed it is.

The quality of Xbox Live has deteriorated since party chat ? No, Xbox Live is as popular as ever. I love the fact I can mute an entire lobby or go into party chat to avoid the toxic ones. You say trash talk makes the match more fun, I wonder how the players receiving homophobic, racist and other disparaging remarks feel about the "fun" factor you seemingly enjoy ?

I also think stats like K/D and win / loss should not be in the pre-game lobby. It will lead to stat bashing, players quitting and general anti social behaviour from certain players. As I stated earlier in the thread it will happen to one degree or another, no ifs, buts or maybe about it. Some players simply cannot help themselves and jump on the bandwagon at every opportunity.
eviltedi wrote:

The quality of Xbox Live has deteriorated since party chat ? No, Xbox Live is as popular as ever. I love the fact I can mute an entire lobby or go into party chat to avoid the toxic ones. You say trash talk makes the match more fun, I wonder how the players receiving homophobic, racist and other disparaging remarks feel about the "fun" factor you seemingly enjoy ?

I also think stats like K/D and win / loss should not be in the pre-game lobby. It will lead to stat bashing, players quitting and general anti social behaviour from certain players. As I stated earlier in the thread it will happen to one degree or another, no ifs, buts or maybe about it. Some players simply cannot help themselves and jump on the bandwagon at every opportunity.
It most certainly did. I couldn't tell you how many random people I've met online, 3 of which that I actually met in person since they lived near me. I pity you or anybody else that didn't experience Halo/xbox in their prime. Nobody talks online anymore and you get banned for swearing, even on apps Skype It's pathetic. My point stands. If you're bad at that game and you're getting criticized for it, get better, and you have the mute button. Getting emotional over a videogame makes you just as bad as the other guy screaming over his mic. There's no point in a ranking system if you can't show it off. Nobody wants Halo 4 again.
eviltedi wrote:

It most certainly did. I couldn't tell you how many random people I've met online, 3 of which that I actually met in person since they lived near me. I pity you or anybody else that didn't experience Halo/xbox in their prime. Nobody talks online anymore and you get banned for swearing, even on apps Skype It's pathetic. My point stands. If you're bad at that game and you're getting criticized for it, get better, and you have the mute button. Getting emotional over a videogame makes you just as bad as the other guy screaming over his mic. There's no point in a ranking system if you can't show it off. Nobody wants Halo 4 again.
Pity ? How condescending of you. I have experienced Halo and Xbox / Live since day one. Players do talk online from my experiences but we have the options mute / block the toxic ones. If a player is bad, how about helping them instead of criticizing them, there's a huge difference between friendly banter and swearing at them. As stated, I wrote why I'm against stats in pre-game lobbies, I won't be swayed on my opinion with that.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Pity ? How condescending of you. I have experienced Halo and Xbox / Live since day one. Players do talk online from my experiences but we have the options mute / block the toxic ones. If a player is bad, how about helping them instead of criticizing them, there's a huge difference between friendly banter and swearing at them. As stated, I wrote why I'm against stats in pre-game lobbies, I won't be swayed on my opinion with that.
Yea, but nowhere as much as they used to. You definitely noticed the difference in btb in Halo 3 when 4 or 5 people were in a party chat. Talking to the other team was great in social. Also, I'm not in favor of showing kd in pre game lobbies because you don't have to so long as the ranking system ranks you by that, along with your wins/losses unlike h5. But you should be able to see your rank like every other Halo. They're only hidden in h5 because the population has always been low.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Yea, but nowhere as much as they used to. You definitely noticed the difference in btb in Halo 3 when 4 or 5 people were in a party chat. Talking to the other team was great in social. Also, I'm not in favor of showing kd in pre game lobbies because you don't have to so long as the ranking system ranks you by that, along with your wins/losses unlike h5. But you should be able to see your rank like every other Halo. They're only hidden in h5 because the population has always been low.
I cannot disagree with that reply. It was great to talk to other teams, but party chat is not to blame. The toxic ones are to blame, it's their derogatory replies that drove others to party chat, mute etc. As stated, there are big differences between swearing "with" and "at" people, and that was the issue, far too many crossed the line and still do. I could support a rank in pre-game lobbies, but it's not needed if ranking works or especially if it does not, as it would be a false ranking and quite pointless to see imo.
IIRC, Halo Wars 2 used to show rank in the queue for competitive playlists. This resulted in rampant match dodging. So 343 took away the ability to see ranks in queues and dodging became less widespread. So there can be good reasons for limiting how much info one can have about their opponents before the match begins.
I would like these pre-game lobby functions to return as well. I believe they took it out to help prevent people from quitting as much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2