Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Precursor (flood style) Vehicles

OP Marinealver

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So a while ago I made a thread of flood weapons which later turned into flood like weapons from a new faction that is from the Primordial but not the Flood. So continuing the discussion the next thing needed is Flood like Vehicles. So with the vehicle pools you have a scout a cavalry and a heavy occasionally a flying vehicle. So here are some concepts of a Flood style version of all those vehicle types.

• Scuttler (scout) Take the Flood Stalker but give it 4 scythe legs. You have a vehicle that isn't fast but makes up with the ability to climb cliffs and walls. About tank speed tops so not very fast but the ability to go up walls and cliffs will make up for the lack of speed. The legs are also act as sort of a vehicle melee weapon.
  • Swarmwing (flying) Remember those bat-like flying form of flood from Halo Wars? There you go a combination between banshee and ghost. Well this acts more like a ghost that can fly but is better at ramming then shooting where the banshee would be better with dropping fuel rod bombs. The attacks are the ranged form spikes and a boost/ram feature. Not as fast as a Banshee and only limited hovering abilities (it can't stay as stable as a hornet).
  • Infestor (heavy) Take a flood infested wraith but instead of lobbing explosive plasma shells it lobs explosive carrier forms. That would be a real tank. Also it is propelled by tentacles not an antigrav generator. Maybe we could make it float in some bizarre flood way, give it a hydrogen bladder.
  • Defiler (cavalry) Take some slug like monstrosity that has 2 spore cannons on the sides with 180 coverage and room for 1 more passenger in the back (sort of like an inverse specter). And instead of speed it will leave behind a sludge that slow vehicles and damages infantry.
Well those are a few ideas, I haven't put in a cavalry/transport vehicle in but maybe I can come up with one later. What do you think of these vehicle styles? Would this be enough to warrant another weapons/vehicle pool in the halo universe?
There should be a vehicle that leaves a trail of miasma or poison behind it
That could be something for a cavalry/passenger style vehicle.
Im not really sure if those concepts are meant to be some form of vehicles designed to be sort of camo from the flood to be driven in hazardous areas or whether those are supposed to be bigger flood variants in which case I dont get as to why call them "vehicles"?

But if those are supposed to be new flood forms then it's positive that you have put some thought into it and used the floods potential to create some new adversaries.

I pretty much skip the first 2 as being pretty similar concepts to Halo 3 and Halo Wars variants but the 3rd one seems like intriguing concept, might you mean something like mobile version of the mortar type of flood from the Halo Wars?

Then how about some form of infested sea-monster in a scene where it could be battling with a scarab? There could be some boss material, a great predatory creature with several limbs now dividing into tentacles surrounding the scarab and seeking the hidden passengers, with a body covered in those flood pustules that release infection forms.
This sounds like mediocre fan-fiction at best.
The flood don't really seem like the ones to design their own vehicles, they would just make a new bio-form to replicate that. I mean, it is a clever idea, but what would pass as a "vehicle" for the flood would just be a different type of pure form.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
The flood don't really seem like the ones to design their own vehicles, they would just make a new bio-form to replicate that. I mean, it is a clever idea, but what would pass as a "vehicle" for the flood would just be a different type of pure form.
Or alternatively, take control of existing vehicles/ships as seen before.
I don't really think the Flood need their own vehicles. They're far more creepy when they use your own weapons and vehicles against you. There's not enough of this in the series; Quarantine Zone is the only level in the series to have Flood hijack vehicles. Not to mention how creating another weapon/vehicle class just makes the sandbox feel more redundant. Do we really need four tank variants?

What I think they should do is introduce new anti-vehicle Flood forms. Introduce the Flood Juggernauts from Halo Wars 2 or many of the Flood forms from the Halo Wars games. Fighting gigantic Flood monsters in a Scorpion or Mantis would make for an amazing mission!
The Flood using your own people and weapons against you is far more terrifying than them just having their own weapons and vehicles. However, if certain Flood forms had more varied abilities, rather than being mostly the same, that could be interesting, and diversify gameplay.
  • Defiler Take some slug like monstrosity that has 2 spore cannons on the sides with 180 coverage and room for 1 more passenger in the back (sort of like an inverse specter). And instead of speed it will leave behind a sludge that slow vehicles and damages infantry.
How does that sound?
  • Defiler Take some slug like monstrosity that has 2 spore cannons on the sides with 180 coverage and room for 1 more passenger in the back (sort of like an inverse specter). And instead of speed it will leave behind a sludge that slow vehicles and damages infantry.
How does that sound?
Haha that's awesome
I could see the Flood stealing/hijacking vehicles, but creating their own doesn't really feel like something they'd do. If they were to, instead, we're to use something like Flood forms that can work like or resemble vehicles, that I find more appropriate to their faction. The idea is still pretty cool though, I wouldn't mind it.
I could see the Flood stealing/hijacking vehicles, but creating their own doesn't really feel like something they'd do. If they were to, instead, we're to use something like Flood forms that can work like or resemble vehicles, that I find more appropriate to their faction. The idea is still pretty cool though, I wouldn't mind it.
That issue came up in the flood weapons thread which is now renamed to Flood-like weapons thread which also put in the concept of a new faction from the Precursor that works strikingly similar to the flood, sort of like what the Prometheans were to the forerunners (but with more of a focus the scary and less on the annoying). This faction looks quite similar and operates in similar ways (with infecting hosts into combat forms) that at first they will be mistaken for the flood (much like the flood was mistaken as some new kind of covenant that captured Captain Keys as Victor-9-3-3 reported in their distress signal. Likely uses a different method of infection than just invading infection forms but the results are still the same.
That issue came up in the flood weapons thread which is now renamed to Flood-like weapons thread which also put in the concept of a new faction from the Precursor that works strikingly similar to the flood, sort of like what the Prometheans were to the forerunners (but with more of a focus the scary and less on the annoying). This faction looks quite similar and operates in similar ways (with infecting hosts into combat forms) that at first they will be mistaken for the flood (much like the flood was mistaken as some new kind of covenant that captured Captain Keys as Victor-9-3-3 reported in their distress signal. Likely uses a different method of infection than just invading infection forms but the results are still the same.
Now that you mention it as some sort of Precursor faction, it would be interesting to see it mistaken for Flood. If the Precursors could potentially make their own vehicles, I'd be down for it, though we haven't seen Precursors in action nor have they taken a major, direct part into the story of Halo's games to really know what they'd do or have inside of them. Let alone if their chances of appearing in Halo Infinite is more likely than the actual Flood. I'd be genuinely shocked if we were to see a Precursor in Infinite, like in some side-questy cave deep below the Forerunner surface.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure that the distress signal doesn't accidentally mistake the Flood for a new kind of Covenant. Hearing through the distress signal, there are multiple lines of dialogue that are cut through with static. For instance, at the beginning after Victor 933 said his designation, he goes on to say "Can anyone..." and the rest is cut off by the static. I have a feeling that the line you refer to suffers the same problem, as the distress signal claims(at least, as far as I hear):
"We are under..[static]..attack by some new kind of hos..[static]..isn't Covenant."

Halopedia also references a transcript of the dialogue of the distress signal, which goes: "Dropship Victor 933-(static)-Pillar of Autumn-(static)-need assistance. We are under att-(static)-attack by some new kind of hostile-(static)-isn't Covenant. (Static) Captain Keyes has been captured by hostiles. (static) -dug in at a large structure in a swamp-(static)-We need to pull out. Please-(static)-I will set this message to repeat at-(static)-regular intervals. Dropship Victor 933, clear."

Nonetheless though, It'd be interesting to see a confrontation of the UNSC/Banished/Created against Precursors
I don't see why the flood would need vehicles unless they were a race playable in multiplayer.
Now, that being said, in the lore they would take over spaceships and used those to attack the Forerunners so I don't see why they couldn't or wouldn't have infected vehicles. I just don't think they need it.
Flood vehicles would be a little farfetched,I see them being hijacked and maybe flood spores o them but like pure form flood vehicles is a little out there
Flood vehicles would be a little farfetched,I see them being hijacked and maybe flood spores o them but like pure form flood vehicles is a little out there
I agree. The Flood are a parasitic life-form. Taking over vehicles much in the same way they take over organics makes more sense for a parasite than for them to create their own distinct vehicles.
Cool ideas, and for another game that would be dope. But the flood really do just use your own stuff against you. Thats the beauty of a parasite.
I don't see why the flood would need vehicles unless they were a race playable in multiplayer.
Now, that being said, in the lore they would take over spaceships and used those to attack the Forerunners so I don't see why they couldn't or wouldn't have infected vehicles. I just don't think they need it.
Well as I said these wouldn't be Flood per say as Prometheans are not Sentinels. But a new faction created by the Primordial that also infects and assimilate sentient life and is easily mistaken for the Flood. 343 made a mistake to cut out one of the big 4 (UNSC, Covenant, Forerunner, Flood). So yes it might be that the Flood don't return but there could be some Precursor subfaction that can fill the horror instead, especially since the Prometheans don't fill that. Also it would be a great way to introduce the Primordial as the new superbad and hopefully this guy would be scarier than the Diadact.
OP, are you using the word vehicle as an expression for larger, heavier units that can carry foot soldiers around, or are you saying that these would not operate if not piloted by a flood/primordial form? Do these "vehicles" have a mind of their own?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2