Precursor multiplayer map?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
The fanbase really enjoys talking about multiplayer maps ideas as well as possible returning maps. However, this is an incredibly interesting idea and awesome idea that gets me so excited. What's interesting is that it's not my idea, but Frankie himself said the idea has been thrown around. At Outpost Discovery Houston, at the Canon Fodder live panel, Frankie talked about about an incredibly interesting idea for a multiplayer map, Precursor themed, including having the Primordial in its prison! Link is here, and here's what he said
Quote:
There was a concept and still might come. A vision or a concept of an antediluvian, Precursor-based multiplayer map, with that huge SPOILER, bug in its prison. There's other places we can put that story flavor in the Universe that don't really require much exposition.
I don't know about you, but I would absolutely be over the moon and beyond ecstatic to finally get Precursor stuff in the games, even in multiplayer. I also think that Frankie didn't just mention this concept out of the blue. I think he was possibly dropping a hint of things to come for Infinite. What'd you think about this, and would you be down for a map like this?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wonder what Precursor designs would look like.
I'd absolutely be down for that. The more variety the better.
omarlotrc wrote:
Precursor architecture is described as silver-gray, though being far superior than anything Forerunner. I think this the massive spires at the center of this image of a city on Charum Hakkor. Could love to see stuff like this and orbital arches in a game, even if it's just multiplayer map.
omarlotrc wrote:
Precursor architecture is described as silver-gray, though being far superior than anything Forerunner. I think this the massive spires at the center of this image of a city on Charum Hakkor. Could love to see stuff like this and orbital arches in a game, even if it's just multiplayer map.
That would be pretty cool. It seems like they have a more organic look.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Huh, doesn't really seem organic to me, just metallic and significantly more advanced and beyond anything Forerunner. Like also getting to see star roads :O
It would be really awesome to have a precursor in a game.
Yoddha900 wrote:
It would be really awesome to have a precursor in a game.
Imagine getting to see the Primordial in its prison, even if it’s only in a multiplayer map
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Huh, doesn't really seem organic to me, just metallic and significantly more advanced and beyond anything Forerunner. Like also getting to see star roads :O
I guess the coloring of the photo makes it a little harder to tell.
I wouldn’t even really play matches on it much. I’d just go into custom games and forge and explore the map and actually see the Primordial.
I think design wise visually the map could look really cool potentially. But the map needs to be well designed in it's layout as well for it to work in multiplayer.
Legitsky wrote:
I think design wise visually the map could look really cool potentially. But the map needs to be well designed in it's layout as well for it to work in multiplayer.
Would you like to have the Primordial imprisoned at the center of the map? Though that can be a bit distracting, looking upon such a being can cause awe and maybe fear 😳
Legitsky wrote:
Would you like to have the Primordial imprisoned at the center of the map? Though that can be a bit distracting, looking upon such a being can cause awe and maybe fear 😳
As long as it doesn't affect the flow of the map. Blocked sight lines have been prevalent on good Halo maps before, so if implemented properly it could work fine.
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
As long as it doesn't affect the flow of the map. Blocked sight lines have been prevalent on good Halo maps before, so if implemented properly it could work fine.
And it’s be cool if they had say the biggest power weapon right in front of it haha
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
And it’s be cool if they had say the biggest power weapon right in front of it haha
Yeah, they could lean a rocket launcher or a grenade launcher against the "holding cell" potentially. Or a simple shotgun. Nice touch!
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Yeah, they could lean a rocket launcher or a grenade launcher against the "holding cell" potentially. Or a simple shotgun. Nice touch!
Would be so cool to actually see like the orbital arches in the map. Would be so thrilled to see this stuff finally visualized.
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Would be so cool to actually see like the orbital arches in the map. Would be so thrilled to see this stuff finally visualized.
Oh yeah. Can't wait!
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Oh yeah. Can't wait!
If they do this for a map, I hope it means that the Campaign will begin introducing the deeper lore like mentioning the Precursors into the games.
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Oh yeah. Can't wait!
If they do this for a map, I hope it means that the Campaign will begin introducing the deeper lore like mentioning the Precursors into the games.
Absolutely. I'd love to see the flood return as a full fledged antagonist as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6