( PREDICTIONS ) Open world.. or nah?

OP Invy Clapz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
It would be awesome for it to be an open world. BUT it must have events happening and a lot of mysteries.
I don't know if this kind of thing has been said already, but here's my two cents. First I think some open world games work, and I feel like some don't really need it. I also think 343i should play some things safe, I feel like the core mapping might be a mildly unsafe thing to mess with too much, but what the hell do I know about game design. If it were me, I think the most Halo like thing to do in this case would be to have more open levels with multiple objectives, that can be done and maybe some that don't need to be done but can if you want to see more from the universe and experience more cannon.
I think it would also be cool that if by interactive with something or someone, you could gain access to a new area inside of a linear campaign map and find a new possible objective that you could do on the side. It would also be awesome that if by unlocking these new story pieces they might lead to other task that the Master Chief would have to do. An idea could be like that line from Halo 4 when the MC is told that next time, when you save us, give us a little bit more time to pack. In a situation like this it might cause the Master Chief and the player to have to make a decision to try to hold the enemy off long enough so that a group could collect their lives work and give a new mission with some more scenes and areas to explore.
It might even be an idea that this could work like RDR2 where if MC is a genuinely good person that people will look up to him more as a hero and the story could play like that. Anyways that my opinion.
I personally think the main storyline for Halo Infinite shouldn't be an open world but at the end of the story it sets up an open world for expanded stories for other characters on the Halo Ring if it's not destroyed at the end.
Invy Clapz wrote:
I've been rather interested with the fact that most games in 2019-20 have been aiming with the thought of open world on their minds. For example, it really kicked up with the bigger world the Legend of Zelda build in Breath of the Wild. Furthermore, I'd think Halo would fit perfectly with a open world style. The wide range of enemies in the series, weapons, and vehicles just are a proven fact. But the down side is the community wanted a classic Halo experience.. But could you mix the two? Thought this would be a interesting debate, heh.
I think open world could work but I don’t think they will take that big of a chance with Infinite. I personally think it will be semi-open world like Halo CE.
I'd rather have the classic campaign style.
But in all the games the classic campaign style is easy (unless your on legendary) just play it for a few hours bam done so an open world could add more gameplay.
Spoiler:
Show
Maybe the "open world" would be an entire halo ring? Players explore it as a spartan, doing misc missions, accomplishing sorties...assisting master chief, etc? Could tie into the campaign etc?
I just hope they do their magic with Infinite, as was done in past Halos. To go the route of doing what other games are doing, isn't the way to go, that's what made H5 so divisive.... Return it to what it was, or come up with some new ways to have a take on the most popular parts of all the Halo's. Just please Guardians, no more Spartan abilities.
Maybe the "open world" would be an entire halo ring? Players explore it as a spartan, doing misc missions, accomplishing sorties...assisting master chief, etc? Could tie into the campaign etc?
That would be cool to have free roam between campaign missions, on a entire ring, or the allusion it is anyways. It could be done, if it must be done...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4