Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Prevent Team Killing - Track dmg on Team players

OP RipShaDe 41

• This imo would be an awesome way to prevent ppl from being trolls and team killing for weapons or just ruining your experience the whole game. It happens to me and i'm sure it happens to some of you. Team killing was more prevalent in classic halo instead of h5 but if you are doing well, have a power weapon that someone wants, or your just a recognized player then people will try to ruin your fun. Booting doesn't always work either. If someone just waits for you to take dmg and then starts shooting you to give the enemy the kill or they lower your shields enough to allow enemy players to kill you then its very hard to get the option to boot since they don't actually kill you.
  • We can track player damage to enemies but why not apply that to teammates. The system could clearly see that your teammate is trying to throw the game or just ruin your fun by tracking team damage throughout the game. I don't see a downside to this idea and obviously there would be a difference for accidental team nades or kills. It would be so obvious that someone is ruining your experience if he has 3k dmg towards you.
  • I do think if added the right way it would prevent ppl from team killing and would also make halo more enjoyable for everyone. I shouldn't be able to match an "avoid me" player when he clearly is ruining the experience for others way more frequently than the occasional troll. There is honestly nothing that is bad about this idea if its implemented the right way. Like damage to team players over time and the amount of damage total to team players. The system is already in the game but it doesn't track against teammates.
Thoughts on this idea?? Does this happen to you and do you think this could prevent this issue without ruining the game for everyone?
If Halo i is going to be a F2P they need a good report system and a good mod team, if not this is going to be a long 10 years hell.
  • This imo would be an awesome way to prevent ppl from being trolls and team killing for weapons or just ruining your experience the whole game. It happens to me and i'm sure it happens to some of you. Team killing was more prevalent in classic halo instead of h5 but if you are doing well, have a power weapon that someone wants, or your just a recognized player then people will try to ruin your fun. Booting doesn't always work either. If someone just waits for you to take dmg and then starts shooting you to give the enemy the kill or they lower your shields enough to allow enemy players to kill you then its very hard to get the option to boot since they don't actually kill you.
  • We can track player damage to enemies but why not apply that to teammates. The system could clearly see that your teammate is trying to throw the game or just ruin your fun by tracking team damage throughout the game. I don't see a downside to this idea and obviously there would be a difference for accidental team nades or kills. It would be so obvious that someone is ruining your experience if he has 3k dmg towards you.
  • I do think if added the right way it would prevent ppl from team killing and would also make halo more enjoyable for everyone. I shouldn't be able to match an "avoid me" player when he clearly is ruining the experience for others way more frequently than the occasional troll. There is honestly nothing that is bad about this idea if its implemented the right way. Like damage to team players over time and the amount of damage total to team players. The system is already in the game but it doesn't track against teammates.
Thoughts on this idea?? Does this happen to you and do you think this could prevent this issue without ruining the game for everyone?
I was playing a match on Zanzibar once of Assault. One guy went to arm the bomb. My brother was under stairs and threw a grenade just before I did as the whole team went to get the guy with the bomb. Let's just says I killed my entire team lol.
the system needs to track over multiple games (three strike system), counterbalance with enemy kills ( your teammate stood in a circle of enemys, you had the bazooka) and counterbalance with the weapons all players are holding ( so a action sack rocket slayer gamemode has a higher tolerance for team kills).

idling and static imput actions (melee and turn in circles afk by rubberbanding) could be similarily listened for and counterbalanced by gametype ( infection and sniper gametypes have higher afk tolerance because of the necessary campyness, griffball has a lower tolerance.

reporting should be in.

perma bans should be IP based, so multi account cheaters are locked out.
I've wanted this in for a long time. Make sure the option to boot is still presented to the offended party and it isn't just an auto kick.
Some people don’t even betray, they just shoot you over and over and over. So I think it would be a nice idea to implement some sort of damage tracking, and have a threshold that clearly shows you have been doing more harm than good over time. If possible, make it so that the person that keeps shooting you over and over without betraying you a lower threshold, that way a boot would be presented for these issues as well
Chief(343 & Halo fans)- “Sprint...is sprint what you wanted? Is this what you were looking for?

Typical Classic Fans- “plz god no!”

Chief- “Were all the forum complaints. All the ‘you lost me as a customer threats.’ Worth it? Was it!?” *laughs manically* 🤣
While friendly-fire teaches us to not be reckless, being free-to-play does spell potential for trolls to have free reign. Hopefully their moderators can handle this burden this could create because if not, multiplayer will be a mess like the late Bungie/early 343 days.
I take a more personal approach to team betrayers. When they betray me (purposefully), I spend the rest of the game shooting them in the back to one shot so it’s easier for enemies to kill them.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I take a more personal approach to team betrayers. When they betray me (purposefully), I spend the rest of the game shooting them in the back to one shot so it’s easier for enemies to kill them.
Sounds like OP's idea is not your cup of tea.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Sounds like OP's idea is not your cup of tea.
True, his way would call for different means. Some betrayers just need to learn the hard way, though. 😉