Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Prometheans in infinite

OP BusierRumble952

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Should there be Prometheans in halo infinite? I mean, call me crazy but they are fun to fight. And 343 could make new promethean units. TBH the flood is very annoying, they are everywhere. And because of our new abilities like dash and boost, I think that we won't fight the flood in infinite because of these abilities that make flood laughable. Prometheans can also be greatly improved, like in halo 5, knights fell apart like normal Prometheans and you needed to shoot certain parts of a knight to damage it just like with the hunters. Even if there are no Prometheans there can be new sentinels that we should fight. PLEASE 343, ADD PROMETHEANS IN INFINITE
We don't have thrusters in Infinite, so the Flood would not be laughable if they're in Infinite. I can almost guarantee that Prometheans will be in Infinite. It wouldn't make sense for Prometheans to not be in the game
We don't have thrusters in Infinite, so the Flood would not be laughable if they're in Infinite. I can almost guarantee that Prometheans will be in Infinite. It wouldn't make sense for Prometheans to not be in the game
we both agree on that we can agree that they need to change the Prometheans and add new types im tired of facing the same four variants over and over and over again.
I hope they are in the game, like, I thought they were a bit rough on H4 but H5 seemed to nail them, especially the Knights!

It would be so cool to have banished, human, flood and promeithians in the mix!
I hope not, unless 343 has made some serious changes that make them more fun to fight.
dash
dash
Sprint is significantly slower now. And you can't sprint backwards so... That's not gonna help much.
I liked that Prometheans weren't as much of bullet sponges in H5, but a few other tweaks would be nice. If both Flood and Prometheans are in infinite, I want to see them get infected. And they better not turn down to the T rating and make the flood laughable at how un-scary they are (because of T restrictions)

A change I would like to see in Prometheans is with the crawlers... wouldn't it be awesome if you killed their leader they formed together to make a slightly stronger unit, but it drops a more powerful weapon instead of boltshots?
Should there be Prometheans in halo infinite? I mean, call me crazy but they are fun to fight. And 343 could make new promethean units. TBH the flood is very annoying, they are everywhere. And because of our new abilities like dash and boost, I think that we won't fight the flood in infinite because of these abilities that make flood laughable. Prometheans can also be greatly improved, like in halo 5, knights fell apart like normal Prometheans and you needed to shoot certain parts of a knight to damage it just like with the hunters. Even if there are no Prometheans there can be new sentinels that we should fight. PLEASE 343, ADD PROMETHEANS IN INFINITE
> Prometheans
> Fun to fight
Pick one brah...

> Flood
> Annoying to fight
Pick one brah...

Long story short, Prometheans are an atrocious enemy class. So no, we don't want them in infinite
Tough call to make at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing them return though. They were an interesting addition.
I genuinely found Prometheans interesting to fight in Halo 4 even if there are plenty of fair criticisms to be had regarding their design. I certainly had my share of issues with them despite enjoying the Halo 4 campaign a lot. Halo 5 never really addressed the criticisms of the Halo 4 Prometheans while introducing entirely new issues so it would be a shame if they get axed before they ever got a chance to polish up their design and encounters.

Also, I'm going to be seriously miffed if the Prometheans get written out of the series before we ever get to see them fight the Flood in game.
I'm not playing infinite if prometheans aren't in the game. Period.
L30N 1337 wrote:
why? Didn’t you enjoy halos 1 to Reach?
I really dislike the Promethean's. But I think they should be included in Infinite. They're part of the story now so it would feel weird to leave them out. But it would be nice if we only saw them a few times through out the campaign.
fred 182 wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
Yeah, i do not enjoy retcons...
we both agree on that we can agree that they need to change the Prometheans and add new types im tired of facing the same four variants over and over and over agin h4 there were 3, in h5 there were 4
I would rather fight promethans over the flood any day. The Knights in Halo 5 are very well designed, fun to fight and offer a nice challenge. Soldiers and crawler are fine, but not particularly fun, although the parts breaking up when you shoot them are satisfiyng. There's always room for improvement. Removing them is just plain lazy, lore breaking and dumb.
I would rather fight promethans over the flood any day. The Knights in Halo 5 are very well designed, fun to fight and offer a nice challenge. Soldiers and crawler are fine, but not particularly fun, although the parts breaking up when you shoot them are satisfiyng. There's always room for improvement. Removing them is just plain lazy, lore breaking and dumb.
Lore isn't an excuse for a bad enemy faction and type, the flood are 10X better to fight as they force the player to change tactics and give them a break from fighting the Covenant. H5 Prometheans are bullet sponges with tracking weapons, it isn't a nice challenge when they can just screw you over by looking at you, giving the Knight a weakspot is interesting but still doesn't change how annoying they are.
L30N 1337 wrote:
fred 182 wrote:
L30N 1337 wrote:
Yeah, i do not enjoy retcons...
So you aren't a Halo fan, if all it takes is the removal of a bad enemy faction to turn you away from the game then I can say good riddance.

Why would you care for a bad faction that took the place of a significantly better one? retcons aren't a good excuse for bad game design.
I liked that Prometheans weren't as much of bullet sponges in H5, but a few other tweaks would be nice. If both Flood and Prometheans are in infinite, I want to see them get infected. And they better not turn down to the T rating and make the flood laughable at how un-scary they are (because of T restrictions)

A change I would like to see in Prometheans is with the crawlers... wouldn't it be awesome if you killed their leader they formed together to make a slightly stronger unit, but it drops a more powerful weapon instead of boltshots?
The Prometheans can't be infected by the Flood. That's their purpose. The Didact created them to battle the Flood. Which is all the more reason to have them and the Flood in a game together (hopefully Infinite).
Imagine a mission like in Halo 2 where the Brutes & Elites are going at it, only it's the Flood vs. Prometheans and you have to fight through both. Crawlers biting at Spores. Knights fighting those big shape shifting Flood thingies I forget what they're called. And Soldiers fighting infected marines, Brutes, and Elites. That would be nuts and bananas and bonkers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3