Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Prometheans Should be Blue Again (SPOILER)

OP Col Biscuit

In my opinion, the Prometheans should be blue again, due to their alliegence to Cortana. Their weapons should also be blue as they're an extension of the frame and body type. The variations of Knights and Crawlers from Halo 4 should also return, with new variations added.

The Soldiers are cool, but annoying to fight as they're mostly the same, unlike the Knights in 4 like Commanders, Battlewagons, etc. Watchers should also get new versions, with possible Promethean Sentinels like a Super Promethean Sentinel like only in Halo 2.

Veicheles are another thing. I believe there should be both Promethean and Warrior Servant types of veicheles, like tanks, aircraft, even walkers like the Mantis.

It's just wishful thinking right now that could help spice up some gameplay with things only found within the books.
I would agree but chief represents that color
In my opinion, the Prometheans should be blue again, due to their alliegence to Cortana. Their weapons should also be blue as they're an extension of the frame and body type. The variations of Knights and Crawlers from Halo 4 should also return, with new variations added.

The Soldiers are cool, but annoying to fight as they're mostly the same, unlike the Knights in 4 like Commanders, Battlewagons, etc. Watchers should also get new versions, with possible Promethean Sentinels like a Super Promethean Sentinel like only in Halo 2.

Veicheles are another thing. I believe there should be both Promethean and Warrior Servant types of veicheles, like tanks, aircraft, even walkers like the Mantis.

It's just wishful thinking right now that could help spice up some gameplay with things only found within the books.
I guess that makes sense, but since they were blue when still under the Librarian's influence, maybe purple would be more appropriate, since Cortana was originally purple in the Bungie-era games and 343's newest art director has stated that the game is taking influence from Halo games of the past.
Prometheans originally had orange/red light details when under Didact's command. It switched to blue when the Librarian repurposed them as guards. Maybe the color of the lights represent which ecumene they were in service of; Didact was a Warrior-Servant, represented by orange-red, while Librarian was a Life Shaper, represented by blue (though blue seems appropriate for Builders, too). Cortana is neither of Warrior-Servant or Life Shaper origin; as such, I don't see why the lights of the Prometheans should go back to blue. I know blue is Cortana's color and all, but I don't think the color of the Prometheans is determined by whatever their master wants it to be. I guess it could, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, since we've already seen Prometheans have red coloring while under Cortana's control, it seems like it would add confusion to change their colors after the fact.
Yeah Prometheans need a revamp. I want to like them but they just feel underwhelming. I also want more variations and vehicles, the blue Cortana allegiance thing would be a cool touch.
Promethans should just not return, so boring. Give us the flood & brutes back.

Cortana doesnt control sentinels of any kind
Yeah, I was expecting them to turn blue again after the "big reveal" as well. Guess the Didact and Librarian's incredible understanding of LED technology surpasses Cortana's.
I think they all should be red, based on Cortana's Rampacy.
I'd prefer 343 not just dump something with little explanation. Again. Bring them back, provide a way for them to exit the story with some grace, and then move on.
I'd prefer 343 not just dump something with little explanation. Again. Bring them back, provide a way for them to exit the story with some grace, and then move on.
Id be good with that. Give them half a mission & they can be on their way. Or the flood can take em out. Either or should suffice.
Just gonna quote myself here (below). Simply changing their lights to blue isn't enough. Prometheans feel stale after fighting them for only a couple of missions. They need to be altered further.
Quote:
I'd be happy to see the return of the Prometheans if they are redesigned. There are two main changes 343i needs to make to the Prometheans if they are ever to return:

1. Redesign their appearance to resemble the Sentinels of Halos CE, 2, 3, and Halo Wars 1 rather than those of Halo 4, Halo Wars 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
    They need to be modelled after the classic Forerunner design. The current Prometheans fit very awkwardly into Halo. They'd be better suited to the Metroid Prime series if anything.
  2. Create more variety. There needs to be more variation within the four Promethean types (Crawlers, Soldiers, Knights and Watchers). Each Crawler type, for example, could be a different colour, with varying AI that support each other. As a group they could be very deadly, but as soon as you dispatch one or two types of Crawlers their system falls apart because they are relying on each of their own unique abilities to support the group. Each variation should be easily identifiable based on colouring and shape, so you know how to approach/react appropriately. Currently, I can't tell one Crawler apart from another. They all look the same to me in the heat of the battle. - This level of variation of the Crawlers in my example should apply to each Promethean type, but with the characteristics based on the type. The Crawler suggestion I described works because they attack in groups. Do something different for the Soldiers or Knights.
Id be good with that. Give them half a mission & they can be on their way. Or the flood can take em out. Either or should suffice.
Or, since it looks like Mendicant Bias could be coming into play, they could re-introduce the "Logic Plague," and the Prometheans could become infected as part of the Flood. It'd be a good way to keep the Created subplot moving, but also bring back in the more "classic" Flood element to the game in a relevant, elegant way.
They look better in blue too. Though I would prefer not to not see many of them in campaign but I doubt that's gonna happen
My vote would be with @MinusSquire2145. Older halos had blue, red, white, gold elites, and different colored brutes that helped with understanding their rank and or skill in battle. With halo 4 and 5 it's really hard to tell the different ranks even though there are subtle changes between them. Adding colors to the Prometheans such as purple blue orange green and having each rank based off that with each rank having different techniques or skills or weapons or health. But I'm also with revamping the way they currrently are. But not sure exactly what I would like.
I've compiled some images to inspire a possible redesign to go along with the changes.
My vote would be with @MinusSquire2145. Older halos had blue, red, white, gold elites, and different colored brutes that helped with understanding their rank and or skill in battle. With halo 4 and 5 it's really hard to tell the different ranks even though there are subtle changes between them. Adding colors to the Prometheans such as purple blue orange green and having each rank based off that with each rank having different techniques or skills or weapons or health. But I'm also with revamping the way they currrently are. But not sure exactly what I would like.
Your comment was really strong until those last couple of sentences where you backed down on what you were saying.
@ MinusSquire2145

What i was trying to say was i would like the different colors no matter what. But i would also like changing the way they behave in game. Like only certain rank knights can teleport or giving the Promethians different combat behaviors overall. But i don't know what i would want changed to the behavior. For the most part i like the crawlers and watchers, but the soldiers and knights feel boring to me. Nice inspiration for redesigns by the way.