Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Proximity Chat should return to Halo Infinite?

OP LivePD VeHicle

I remember during the Halo 3 days, game chat was always a must and had the chance to meet a bunch of other players as well! The best feature was the Proximity Chat in-game. When you face another player head-on in a match made game, you are able to communicate with them during combat, though; their voice as they're speaking, would come through the TV (or headset by option). But as their distance moves further away, their voices become more faint.

Very amazing concept back then, but was ahead of its time. We have such popular games that include the same feature. I believe that if 343i implements such a feature into Halo Infinite, I believe the community would be much larger like it used to be. Along with everyone else's feedback, it would be ideal if 343i would implement other features in the new game.

Any thoughts?
I like it. I also wanted a game chat only playlist but everybody got butt hurt about annoying kids and everything. I loved matchmaking in Halo 3 and any person that annoyed me, I would simply mute.
I too would like its return. I used to enjoy saying out loud "BEHIND YOU!" as I back smack an opponent. It added more depth and allowed you to hear what they were communicating and you as a team can counter whatever they were planning.

However, I would not expect it to return to a large number of immature toxic gamers out there spewing garbage. Another large chunk hide in party chat not communicating at all with an exception of very few people. The only way to get most people communicating is for xbox to remove party chat entirely to get people to start communicating like h2 and h3 days. Toxic people can be muted and reported (which sadly does not do enough before they do damage to someone).
I miss the psychological warfare, and never ending fun of having this. Having full blown conversations with the enemy team while I was in their base, shaking their light bulbs was always a joy.

I always had the "Warthog Song" from RvB qued up for BRB, and the "Benny Hill" theme song for Grifball.
Sure, I don't see why not.
Definitely. Would also be good to make people leave party chat when they're searching ranked so people actually communicate with their team. Naturally this would mean they'd have to ignore xbl communication bans which are way too easy to get. H3 chat was by far the best on the series due to a lack of party chat and proximity chat.
I always liked messing with the enemy. Oh no, my shields are gone! *Enemy comes running in*... Surprise!
Issue is that no one uses their mic and if they do its in party chat.
I like to see game chat as a whole being more prominent in Halo Infinite. Ranked playlists should have game chat (and proximity chat) enabled by default.
I would enjoy the return of proximity chat, I loved the rage that came about when things don't go their way 😂
Mr Vacha wrote:
Issue is that no one uses their mic and if they do its in party chat.
Well that's kind of the point, if game chat was more interesting, no one would use party chat. Like I try game chat with a friend of mine and when we're sitting in the lobby we cant hear each other or anything until we match up with players or once our game started. But I agree with you 100%!!!
SBTTLS wrote:
I miss the psychological warfare, and never ending fun of having this. Having full blown conversations with the enemy team while I was in their base, shaking their light bulbs was always a joy.

I always had the "Warthog Song" from RvB qued up for BRB, and the "Benny Hill" theme song for Grifball.
That's classic!!!! No one would be bothered by it, they do have an option to mute OR they can change the settings in options like in H3.
Thanks 4 your feedback guys!! I hope 343i considers this idea!
I had a story from H3 back from 2009. I got into a match made game 4V4 and the game changed hosts. and everyone lagged out except me and a dude on the other team. We both had mics and were talking like "lets not beat each other, lets tie the score and wait out the game so we dont lose EXP" and we evened the score and we just chilled there LOL. Still a friend of mine today and we laugh at this memory all the time!
Hey LivePD VeHicle, please don't post multiple times in a row. That's considered bumping. You can reply to multiple people in a single post, and you can also edit your posts to add new info if no one new has posted after you. Thanks.