Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Quite Frankly, I Like Armor Abilities

OP Kalyx triaD

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
stukes09 wrote:
What does AMM mean?
"Advanced movement nechanic", meaning everything that enhances your basic walk/run/jump mechanics like sprint, clamber or thrusters.

stukes09 wrote:
I'm not commanding anyone to do anything. I'm obviously just giving a suggestion.
It's nice that you're giving suggestions, but to suggest we should just play games that we already played for 10 plus years is obnoxious at best. I hope that I don't need to explain why now! ☺

That said, where is this even coming from? You realize that I never quoted you, right?^^'

stukes09 wrote:
I don't really understand the rest of your post. Either it is too convoluted and poorly written or I am too stupid or lazy to parse it out.
I just read it again and don't see how it's convoluted frankly. Even if I admit could have structured it a bit better, the message is straight forward: I disagree with HeyHou and Alan - Halo 4 and 5 are not evolutions of the established formula, rather they copied popular mechanics and implemented them poorly into Halo.

I guess you're just not familiar yet with the terms and abbreviations used in game mechanics discussions if I may say so! 🙃
"that huge step backwards that Halo 5 Guardians imho clearly represent"

No dude just no.halo 5 is THE biggest step forward halo ever made
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
Just because a bunch of other games have X mechanic doesn't mean that other games need to follow suit to be successful. Otherwise Halo should be jumping on that Battle Royale trend right about now.

There are two successful games out there without the ability to jump.

People disliked a bunch of stuff in Halo: Reach as well. Many of the things people dislike in Halo 4 and 5 originated from Halo Reach in the first place. If Reach was released in 2019, how would it fare any better than Halo 3?
So the thing is sprint comes in 2 flavors,
  1. the armor abilities where it is part of inventory
  2. the spartan abilities where it is always avalible
During Reach I didn't hear much complaining about sprint, it wasn't until Halo 4 and 5 that sprint became the biggest whipping boy Halo has. However Sprint was the first Spartan Ability in H4 which is where I see 343i began their mistakes with game design.
Just curious what Halo game you started with? And since you are just talking about custom games why not just play H4? Why does Infinite need them when it’s one of the reasons the last few games have suffered in terms of population. Look at the bigger picture in terms of what people want.

90% (I’m being generous) of players don’t want these abilities and mechanics to make a return. These features are one of the sole reasons why Halo is currently dead. The basis of Halo is equal starts, with armour abilities and loadouts the core of Halo is completely stripped away. If you look at the longevity of the Halo games the ones without these mechanics lasted the longest and were the most popular.

Btw I played a lot of H4 but that game was just Microsoft’s version of CoD
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3? The reasons as to why Halo is dead is because 1. Competition and 2. Halo 3 fanboys who hate evolution.

If Halo stayed the same as it was in 2007, then it would’ve been dead a long time ago
I do play H3 thanks it’s my favourite game but I’ve also played more HR, H4 and H5 than you too. If no armour abilities is what most people want (these so called fanboys) then isn’t this who 343 should be catering towards to regain popularity? And Halo did die a long time ago. Halo’s been on the decline since H3 (Reach was ok for the first year as it was still living off of H3s success). So yeah Halo died in 2011, 8 years ago. That’s a long time ago. If anyone possibly thinks the community is stronger now than then they obviously never played during halo’s hay day.

Just curious how going back to what made Halo, Halo is a bad thing? How is going back to the games roots an issue for u when the current state of Halo is not what people want as shown by not only the current population but the longevity of the games. I loved Reach and I still played a lot of H4 but those games did not last long (1 year for Reach, 6 months for H4 and about 6 months - 1 year for H5).
1 year for H5).
What do you mean by this? How is Halo 5 dead? We play all the time. It's never hard to find a match. Doesn't seem dead to me. Do you just mean it's far less popular than it used to be?
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
Just because a bunch of other games have X mechanic doesn't mean that other games need to follow suit to be successful. Otherwise Halo should be jumping on that Battle Royale trend right about now.

There are two successful games out there without the ability to jump.

People disliked a bunch of stuff in Halo: Reach as well. Many of the things people dislike in Halo 4 and 5 originated from Halo Reach in the first place. If Reach was released in 2019, how would it fare any better than Halo 3?
I didn’t say anything about jumping onto a trend. I said that Halo has to be at a decent rate between its competitors, or else it would be dead.

If Reach was released in 2019, it’d fair out better than Halo 3 if released in 2019 because the story would be better than every piece of trash made so far in 2019 and because the gameplay feels up to date with its competitors. There’s a reason why newcomers to Halo enjoy Halo 5’s gameplay, and that’s because it’s up to date and it feels smooth.

About people disliking things in Halo Reach, a lot of people actually liked the changes made in the game, which were then implemented into Halo 4 and 5. Hence why the community is so split nowadays
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
stukes09 wrote:
1 year for H5).
What do you mean by this? How is Halo 5 dead? We play all the time. It's never hard to find a match. Doesn't seem dead to me. Do you just mean it's far less popular than it used to be?
If you look at the longevity of the previous Halo games the decline is so fast in comparison. H5 was a huge improvement in comparison to H4 but it still dropped a ton after 2017. And I struggle to find matches MMR and ranks are too high, even in social. I get games faster on 360 Reach TS.
stukes09 wrote:
1 year for H5).
What do you mean by this? How is Halo 5 dead? We play all the time. It's never hard to find a match. Doesn't seem dead to me. Do you just mean it's far less popular than it used to be?
Probably. What else could it mean?
Heyhou117 wrote:
Just curious what Halo game you started with? And since you are just talking about custom games why not just play H4? Why does Infinite need them when it’s one of the reasons the last few games have suffered in terms of population. Look at the bigger picture in terms of what people want.

90% (I’m being generous) of players don’t want these abilities and mechanics to make a return. These features are one of the sole reasons why Halo is currently dead. The basis of Halo is equal starts, with armour abilities and loadouts the core of Halo is completely stripped away. If you look at the longevity of the Halo games the ones without these mechanics lasted the longest and were the most popular.

Btw I played a lot of H4 but that game was just Microsoft’s version of CoD
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3? The reasons as to why Halo is dead is because 1. Competition and 2. Halo 3 fanboys who hate evolution.

If Halo stayed the same as it was in 2007, then it would’ve been dead a long time ago
"If Halo stayed the same as it was in 2007, then it would’ve been dead a long time ago"

This guy is a genius. If halo stayed like halo3 it would completely dead nobody apart from the h3 fan boys like the super slow mechanics of classic halo
Finally!!!! Someone who also understands that Halo has to keep up with Cod and it’s other competitors with advanced movement
Halo didn’t have to keep up with CoD back then because it was its own game that outshined it. Halo brought in elements from CoD in Reach and extrapolated it in H4. The saying goes don’t fix what isn’t broken. If your telling me the hundreds of thousands of players coming from H3 in 2010 (3 years after the game has come out) would have just suddenly vanished if Reach didn’t have sprint, bloom or AAs I don't know what to say. The population has dropped at a faster rate since the addition of these features stemming from Reach. There’s no other explanation, if you have one I’d love to hear it. And it’s not competition as HR, H4 and H5 had well over a million players at launch but the games weren’t good enough to keep people playing for that same period of time that the older games managed to accomplish.
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
Just because a bunch of other games have X mechanic doesn't mean that other games need to follow suit to be successful. Otherwise Halo should be jumping on that Battle Royale trend right about now.

There are two successful games out there without the ability to jump.

People disliked a bunch of stuff in Halo: Reach as well. Many of the things people dislike in Halo 4 and 5 originated from Halo Reach in the first place. If Reach was released in 2019, how would it fare any better than Halo 3?
I didn’t say anything about jumping onto a trend. I said that Halo has to be at a decent rate between its competitors, or else it would be dead.

If Reach was released in 2019, it’d fair out better than Halo 3 if released in 2019 because the story would be better than every piece of trash made so far in 2019 and because the gameplay feels up to date with its competitors. There’s a reason why newcomers to Halo enjoy Halo 5’s gameplay, and that’s because it’s up to date and it feels smooth.

About people disliking things in Halo Reach, a lot of people actually liked the changes made in the game, which were then implemented into Halo 4 and 5. Hence why the community is so split nowadays
That’s so not true....H3 was huge and like I said Reach fed off of that success. Truth be told Halo fans are passionate, they really don’t care what’s other games are out. It could be a great year of gaming and if a Halo game comes out they will buy it regardless.
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
Just because a bunch of other games have X mechanic doesn't mean that other games need to follow suit to be successful. Otherwise Halo should be jumping on that Battle Royale trend right about now.

There are two successful games out there without the ability to jump.

People disliked a bunch of stuff in Halo: Reach as well. Many of the things people dislike in Halo 4 and 5 originated from Halo Reach in the first place. If Reach was released in 2019, how would it fare any better than Halo 3?
I didn’t say anything about jumping onto a trend. I said that Halo has to be at a decent rate between its competitors, or else it would be dead.

If Reach was released in 2019, it’d fair out better than Halo 3 if released in 2019 because the story would be better than every piece of trash made so far in 2019 and because the gameplay feels up to date with its competitors. There’s a reason why newcomers to Halo enjoy Halo 5’s gameplay, and that’s because it’s up to date and it feels smooth.

About people disliking things in Halo Reach, a lot of people actually liked the changes made in the game, which were then implemented into Halo 4 and 5. Hence why the community is so split nowadays
That’s so not true....H3 was huge and like I said Reach fed off of that success. Truth be told Halo fans are passionate, they really don’t care what’s other games are out. It could be a great year of gaming and if a Halo game comes out they will buy it regardless.
And considering Halo 3 is the most popular halo game at the moment (yep a 2007 game) I dont understand why u think Reach would fair better.
So apparently evolution is one of the reasons why Halo is dead, huh? If you hate evolution so much, why don’t you just play Halo 2 or Halo 3?
Are you implying that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn't
evolve? There was a game before that too.
I didn’t say that Halo 2 and Halo 3 didn’t evolve. In fact, I actually think that both games were improvements on Halo CE
So if you can acknowledge that Halo 2 and Halo 3 were "evolutions," why would you assume the previous guy hates all evolution simply because he doesn't like these current mechanics? If he did, he would have hated every Halo after Halo CE.

You think him making a game closer to Halo 3 would be dead and boring, but you're asking to do the exact same thing with Halo Reach - for multiple games.

By its very nature, evolution isn't set in stone and there is no one way to "evolve". You could always make a game that isn't like one that isn't just going back to another.

It's always strange to see people say that "Halo needs advanced movement", when not only was it successful enough before it, it's given both players and developers more headaches than it solved.
Bro movement in the original trilogy were similar. I said that what Halo 2 and 3 added improved the gameplay

You do realize that all of the most popular games, such as Cod, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Battlefield, and others have advanced movement, so it’s make sense for Halo to have somewhat advanced movement. The reason why I said that future games should have Reach-like gameplay is that it was a mix of new and old, the game had the feel of older games, while adding new stuff like Armor Abilities. That way, old and new players would enjoy Halo more than if 343i went for the classic gameplay and neglect the newer audience or the other way around.

If Halo 3 was released in 2019, then it’d fail, because of the slow movement, which is what it’s competitors had back in the day. It might’ve been great for its time (and it still is,) but when you compare it to other games in today’s market, it looks unappealing for the average gamer.

I’m not saying that Halo must “evolve.” I’m just saying that Halo has to be at a decent pace when compared to its competitors if it wants to be popular again, and maybe add new things that people might like.
Just because a bunch of other games have X mechanic doesn't mean that other games need to follow suit to be successful. Otherwise Halo should be jumping on that Battle Royale trend right about now.

There are two successful games out there without the ability to jump.

People disliked a bunch of stuff in Halo: Reach as well. Many of the things people dislike in Halo 4 and 5 originated from Halo Reach in the first place. If Reach was released in 2019, how would it fare any better than Halo 3?
I didn’t say anything about jumping onto a trend. I said that Halo has to be at a decent rate between its competitors, or else it would be dead.

If Reach was released in 2019, it’d fair out better than Halo 3 if released in 2019 because the story would be better than every piece of trash made so far in 2019 and because the gameplay feels up to date with its competitors. There’s a reason why newcomers to Halo enjoy Halo 5’s gameplay, and that’s because it’s up to date and it feels smooth.

About people disliking things in Halo Reach, a lot of people actually liked the changes made in the game, which were then implemented into Halo 4 and 5. Hence why the community is so split nowadays
That’s so not true....H3 was huge and like I said Reach fed off of that success. Truth be told Halo fans are passionate, they really don’t care what’s other games are out. It could be a great year of gaming and if a Halo game comes out they will buy it regardless.
And its not because I don't like Reach I'm saying that, I love Reach. Thats just what happened. People didnt like the Reach mechanics. Even when i go back and play Reach now, vanilla TS is terrible. Full bloom, the broken armour abilites, it just doesnt feel right going back to it.
I just don't understand why after 10 years (Reach in 2010) people are so against Halo returning to its roots for H6 (2020). The last 10 years obsviously haven't worked out as intended (even 343 has acknowledged this with H4, MCC and the decreased popularity of H5). Just give it a shot. It can't possibly fair worse. The orignal Halo fans will come back and the newer ones that have picked up the game can try the old style. Older players have been playing this new style for 10 years now, so can't we do a switch? I don't see Halo losing players for going back to the tried and true formula. Even if some people don't like it and decided to go play CoD or another similar game the old Halo players coming back would well and truely make up for it (but like I said previously Halo fans are Halo fans, they will buy the game regardless and I don't see many leaving). Even if you look at CoD, they are going back to their roots this year as they too have fallen in a slump like Halo has.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12