Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Quite Frankly, I Like Armor Abilities

OP Kalyx triaD

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
The problem with adding everything into one sandbox is the balancing. And to have a good Halo game it needs to be balanced. The roots of Halo will always be a balanced arena 4v4. If they can’t do that then the rest of the game will suffer as well
That is why you keep the playlists separate.
Quote:
I know they have next to no chance of returning outside of custom games options, but while awkward in Reach, I found them very fun and tactically rich in H4. And for that matter I loved Loadouts as well, though I often disagreed with the official set-ups. I also miss the more flexible scoring options.Ya know what? I like Halo 4. Despite how the mechanics were recieved, they made custom game creation/adjusting the best in the series. While I totally understand Infinite doing its own thing, I'd really like those options back. Except for Ordinance. Actually so long as its optional add that too. Add everything that ever happened in this series. Dual Wielding, whatever.Have your official playlist rulesets, but give me the power to flex in custom game creation. The power to make Halo 4 with dual wielding.
While you may have found AA fun. I for one didnt. I preferd the classic gameplay mechanics that existed in Halo CE-3. It was simple balanced and made the game more fun. The fact COD mechanics was even implemented. Was well The only words I can think of. Quotes the opening scene from halo 2. "Nay It Was Heresy"
Quote:
I know they have next to no chance of returning outside of custom games options, but while awkward in Reach, I found them very fun and tactically rich in H4. And for that matter I loved Loadouts as well, though I often disagreed with the official set-ups. I also miss the more flexible scoring options.Ya know what? I like Halo 4. Despite how the mechanics were recieved, they made custom game creation/adjusting the best in the series. While I totally understand Infinite doing its own thing, I'd really like those options back. Except for Ordinance. Actually so long as its optional add that too. Add everything that ever happened in this series. Dual Wielding, whatever.Have your official playlist rulesets, but give me the power to flex in custom game creation. The power to make Halo 4 with dual wielding.
While you may have found AA fun. I for one didnt. I preferd the classic gameplay mechanics that existed in Halo CE-3. It was simple balanced and made the game more fun. The fact COD mechanics was even implemented. Was well The only words I can think of. Quotes the opening scene from halo 2. "Nay It Was Heresy"
Well as I said the way Reach handled the mechanics were different from CoD. H4 on the other hand was not so much of an adaptation as they were an adoption.

Now if you were going to equate them to anything it would be closer to Classes (like battlefield) as they were treated more like a class ability and were not set around like a pickup although you could have done that in forge maps and custom gametypes. H4 had the problem of choosing your own loadout (a very much CoD esque mechanic). Where as with the gametype dictating the available loadouts you could pair a better armor ability with a less potent weapon to even things out, for H4, it was the best primary, the best secondary, the best grenade and the best armor ability. Also removing one of the armor abilities and making it a default ability was the start of the mistake known as Spartan Abilities.
Quote:
I know they have next to no chance of returning outside of custom games options, but while awkward in Reach, I found them very fun and tactically rich in H4. And for that matter I loved Loadouts as well, though I often disagreed with the official set-ups. I also miss the more flexible scoring options.Ya know what? I like Halo 4. Despite how the mechanics were recieved, they made custom game creation/adjusting the best in the series. While I totally understand Infinite doing its own thing, I'd really like those options back. Except for Ordinance. Actually so long as its optional add that too. Add everything that ever happened in this series. Dual Wielding, whatever.Have your official playlist rulesets, but give me the power to flex in custom game creation. The power to make Halo 4 with dual wielding.
While you may have found AA fun. I for one didnt. I preferd the classic gameplay mechanics that existed in Halo CE-3. It was simple balanced and made the game more fun. The fact COD mechanics was even implemented. Was well The only words I can think of. Quotes the opening scene from halo 2. "Nay It Was Heresy"
Well as I said the way Reach handled the mechanics were different from CoD. H4 on the other hand was not so much of an adaptation as they were an adoption.
as they were treated more like a class ability and were not set around like a pickup although you could have done that in forge maps and custom gametypes. H4 had the problem of choosing your own loadout (a very much CoD esque mechanic). Where as with the gametype dictating the available loadouts you could pair a better armor ability with a less potent weapon to even things out, for H4, it was the best primary, the best secondary, the best grenade and the best armor ability. Also removing one of the armor abilities and making it a default ability was the start of the mistake known as Spartan Abilities.
First off I have to say I disagree with you completely. Heres why.

Quote:
Well as I said the way Reach handled the mechanics were different
First off all. While reach was close or similar to classic style gameplay mechanics. You need to understand Reach is what brought halo downhill to begin with. That is because reach Introduced One mechanic that was already in COD. That mechanic being sprint. Sprint was ridiculous allowing you to outrun outgun and outplay all opponents. Due to the fact you could recharge shields simply while sprinting. It wasn't until Halo 5 Did that get corrected. And even then It still was detriment to the game. Making the game highly unbalanced In 5 I was glad they nerfed sprint buy removing the ability to recharge shields while sprinting.

Quote:
Now if you were going to equate them to anything it would be closer to Classes (like battlefield)
Second of all Halo CE - 3 Never had Classes. And was never comparable to Battlefield. It was its own unique gameplay and mechanics. And most of all the Holy Trio Guns, Melee, & grenades. Reach Introduced the classes and Loadouts. Halo 4 saw the Continuation of Loadouts and Classes. Bringing to mind What fps other then battlefield uses Loadouts and Classes? hmmmmm Cod. So with that said yes in reach you could customize your loadout and class to how you wanted it. Just like in COD. Now as for the armor abilities itself. You do relize that the most Op AA were Invisibility and Armor lock Correct? Armor lock for the shear fact that it made you invulnerable and all you had to do was sit there and keep it enabled till your friends came to the rescue? Invisibility aka active camo while it was easy to see if you were running or sprinting. All you had to do was crouch walk or stay still wait till they came next to you. Boom easy aa for camping. And no one likes a camper in FPS unless your a sniper. As for halo 4 it was a joke it was such a waterd down game and so easy to beat folks that Im not even going to discuss 4. As for the mistake of spartan abilities Reach introduced them as AA. 4 continued AA and 5 evolved AA into spartan abilities if you cant see that. Then idk what to tell you. Fact of the matter is AA and Spartan abilities were a mistake Period. It brought with it COD elements. And took away what made halo halo to begin with. And that uniqueness can only be found in CE-3. So agian I will say Enough with the new school crap bring back classic halo gameplay mechanics
Naqser wrote:
Karim wrote:
Tactically rich? Being able to see through walls using promethean vision was everything but tactically rich, it was a hack.
And that's a fact, not an opinion.

But as you said, armor abilities were really funny in custom games, still I don't think they will come back.
Not a single AA in H4 was broken. They had limited active time and fairly restrictive cooldowns. Not to mention common sense counter play, some counters were built into the ability itself.

Lot of people spoke about how AAs broke the game but I've never actually seen posts explaining how any one AA ruined the game. Even the most infamous AA, Vision, was NOT the most used/seen AA in a match. Late life, if people hung around that long, the sentry bot started seeing way more play - but nobody ever complained about them online.

Makes me think the actual argument was it's different rather than overt balance issues.
Being able to see through walls or spawning with active camo wasnt broken?
No.

Promethean Vision gave off a signal than enemy was using it, was very brief, and obsured the environment into a xray styled filter that was not very nice on the eyes. Again, there's a reason Everybody in the match didn't just default to Vision. There's a reason it wasn't ever a high meta pick.

Camo went opaque when you moved at a speed that would otherwise put you on radar. It also obscured your own radar with dots which also showed up on enemy radar giving you away. And all abilities were regulated with energy resource with recharge time.

It kinda proves my point that rather than explain how they were broken... you ask a loaded question. But I played a lot of H4. Active on various forums related to H4. The arguments against AAs were always about how they subverted several Halo traditional pillars, which is fair enough criticism.

Nobody, and I mean nobody articulated how any one of them were broken. The only one that was massively disruptive was Armor Lock in Reach and sure enough it got one major nerf in Reach and never came back in H4. H4 AAs required one major balance pass ever.
A point I want to add about Promethean Vision, it's not broken. It may seem like it is, but you can counter someone using it by just paying attention to your radar. I know this because if someone uses PV near a player, a huge red ripple effect would appear on the radar.
So, how exactly does one "counter" it by just seeing the red ripple on the radar?
Simple, you just wait for the ripple to disappear when the player using PV is near you. That person could anticipate you to go around a corner, so if that person sits there, and you sit there, the PV would wear out and would have to regenerate. This however is only one of the possible outcomes, which means PV has the ability to give someone a sixth sense and that can definitely make things more difficult for a player without PV.
I've always enjoyed using armor abilities in Halo Reach and 4 because it gave me variety. It let me "mix things up a little."
Yes, but reach's shield and active camo are horrible in my opinion.
Do you mean the bubble shield? It's totally fine if you don't like them, but I've had many instances of the bubble shield saving me from death, which is what makes it one of my favorites in the game. Although it is weaker than the one in Halo 3 because it wasn't invincible, but at the same time it's also a combination of that and the regeneration field equipment from Halo 3 because it heals you. But, the shield itself is pitifully weak in Reach.
I've always enjoyed using armor abilities in Halo Reach and 4 because it gave me variety. It let me "mix things up a little."
Yes, but reach's shield and active camo are horrible in my opinion.
Do you mean the bubble shield? It's totally fine if you don't like them, but I've had many instances of the bubble shield saving me from death, which is what makes it one of my favorites in the game. Although it is weaker than the one in Halo 3 because it wasn't invincible, but at the same time it's also a combination of that and the regeneration field equipment from Halo 3 because it heals you. But, the shield itself is pitifully weak in Reach.
Eh, I would prefer the Reach Style as opposed to the Halo 5 style because you only had one ability at a time, not all of them all the time.
I've always enjoyed using armor abilities in Halo Reach and 4 because it gave me variety. It let me "mix things up a little."
Yes, but reach's shield and active camo are horrible in my opinion.
Do you mean the bubble shield? It's totally fine if you don't like them, but I've had many instances of the bubble shield saving me from death, which is what makes it one of my favorites in the game. Although it is weaker than the one in Halo 3 because it wasn't invincible, but at the same time it's also a combination of that and the regeneration field equipment from Halo 3 because it heals you. But, the shield itself is pitifully weak in Reach.
Eh, I would prefer the Reach Style as opposed to the Halo 5 style because you only had one ability at a time, not all of them all the time.
Yeah, I also prefer that because it's a combination of new and old. When you customize a game mode to remove armor abilities, it plays like a classic Halo game, but when you have them enabled it's, well, new abilities. I like how it doesn't go too far with it either like Halo 5 where all these things like thrusters, slide, clamber, charge, and ground pound are suddenly given to you. I'm in no way hating or disliking Halo 5. It's just one of the many reasons why I prefer Reach.
I've always enjoyed using armor abilities in Halo Reach and 4 because it gave me variety. It let me "mix things up a little."
Yes, but reach's shield and active camo are horrible in my opinion.
Do you mean the bubble shield? It's totally fine if you don't like them, but I've had many instances of the bubble shield saving me from death, which is what makes it one of my favorites in the game. Although it is weaker than the one in Halo 3 because it wasn't invincible, but at the same time it's also a combination of that and the regeneration field equipment from Halo 3 because it heals you. But, the shield itself is pitifully weak in Reach.
Eh, I would prefer the Reach Style as opposed to the Halo 5 style because you only had one ability at a time, not all of them all the time.
Yeah, I also prefer that because it's a combination of new and old. When you customize a game mode to remove armor abilities, it plays like a classic Halo game, but when you have them enabled it's, well, new abilities. I like how it doesn't go too far with it either like Halo 5 where all these things like thrusters, slide, clamber, charge, and ground pound are suddenly given to you. I'm in no way hating or disliking Halo 5. It's just one of the many reasons why I prefer Reach.
Lol, I am. I Hate Halo 5's gameplay. I hate how few people play it, I hate how it is completely different from other Halo MP, I hate the microtransactions, I hate ground pound, I hate the hydra, I hate so much about the Halo 5 it is unplayable for me. If Halo Infinite is anything like Halo 5, I won't buy it. It has become that simple. It would be the first Halo game ever produced that I haven't bought. It will be the first Halo game since Halo 3 that I didn't buy on the release day also.
For the most balanced game play in an arena stand point - *if* armor abilities return - they would need to function as map pick ups. While having the option isn't unbalanced per se I don't think it lends itself to the most competitive sand box because players have different tools at different times. If they are treated like OS or Camo then there is less moments of frustration when you feel you have a player dead to rights with say a Rocket Launcher, and then boom, armor lock. That unknown component of "what does the other player have" I think takes away from competitive play.

I also feel this way about movement abilities. Whichever one's end up in Infinite I hope all players have them all the time because it keeps playing field more level and creates skill gap.
For the most balanced game play in an arena stand point - *if* armor abilities return - they would need to function as map pick ups. While having the option isn't unbalanced per se I don't think it lends itself to the most competitive sand box because players have different tools at different times. If they are treated like OS or Camo then there is less moments of frustration when you feel you have a player dead to rights with say a Rocket Launcher, and then boom, armor lock. That unknown component of "what does the other player have" I think takes away from competitive play.

I also feel this way about movement abilities. Whichever one's end up in Infinite I hope all players have them all the time because it keeps playing field more level and creates skill gap.
I just don't want movement abilities because they make the game feel like other shooters. It isn't the Halo feel.
Quote:
I know they have next to no chance of returning outside of custom games options, but while awkward in Reach, I found them very fun and tactically rich in H4. And for that matter I loved Loadouts as well, though I often disagreed with the official set-ups. I also miss the more flexible scoring options.Ya know what? I like Halo 4. Despite how the mechanics were recieved, they made custom game creation/adjusting the best in the series. While I totally understand Infinite doing its own thing, I'd really like those options back. Except for Ordinance. Actually so long as its optional add that too. Add everything that ever happened in this series. Dual Wielding, whatever.Have your official playlist rulesets, but give me the power to flex in custom game creation. The power to make Halo 4 with dual wielding.
While you may have found AA fun. I for one didnt. I preferd the classic gameplay mechanics that existed in Halo CE-3. It was simple balanced and made the game more fun. The fact COD mechanics was even implemented. Was well The only words I can think of. Quotes the opening scene from halo 2. "Nay It Was Heresy"
Well as I said the way Reach handled the mechanics were different from CoD. H4 on the other hand was not so much of an adaptation as they were an adoption.
as they were treated more like a class ability and were not set around like a pickup although you could have done that in forge maps and custom gametypes. H4 had the problem of choosing your own loadout (a very much CoD esque mechanic). Where as with the gametype dictating the available loadouts you could pair a better armor ability with a less potent weapon to even things out, for H4, it was the best primary, the best secondary, the best grenade and the best armor ability. Also removing one of the armor abilities and making it a default ability was the start of the mistake known as Spartan Abilities.
First off I have to say I disagree with you completely. Heres why.

Quote:
Well as I said the way Reach handled the mechanics were different
First off all. While reach was close or similar to classic style gameplay mechanics. You need to understand Reach is what brought halo downhill to begin with. That is because reach Introduced One mechanic that was already in COD. That mechanic being sprint. Sprint was ridiculous allowing you to outrun outgun and outplay all opponents. Due to the fact you could recharge shields simply while sprinting. It wasn't until Halo 5 Did that get corrected. And even then It still was detriment to the game. Making the game highly unbalanced In 5 I was glad they nerfed sprint buy removing the ability to recharge shields while sprinting.

Quote:
Now if you were going to equate them to anything it would be closer to Classes (like battlefield)
Second of all Halo CE - 3 Never had Classes. And was never comparable to Battlefield. It was its own unique gameplay and mechanics. And most of all the Holy Trio Guns, Melee, & grenades. Reach Introduced the classes and Loadouts. Halo 4 saw the Continuation of Loadouts and Classes. Bringing to mind What fps other then battlefield uses Loadouts and Classes? hmmmmm Cod. So with that said yes in reach you could customize your loadout and class to how you wanted it. Just like in COD. Now as for the armor abilities itself. You do relize that the most Op AA were Invisibility and Armor lock Correct? Armor lock for the shear fact that it made you invulnerable and all you had to do was sit there and keep it enabled till your friends came to the rescue? Invisibility aka active camo while it was easy to see if you were running or sprinting. All you had to do was crouch walk or stay still wait till they came next to you. Boom easy aa for camping. And no one likes a camper in FPS unless your a sniper. As for halo 4 it was a joke it was such a waterd down game and so easy to beat folks that Im not even going to discuss 4. As for the mistake of spartan abilities Reach introduced them as AA. 4 continued AA and 5 evolved AA into spartan abilities if you cant see that. Then idk what to tell you. Fact of the matter is AA and Spartan abilities were a mistake Period. It brought with it COD elements. And took away what made halo halo to begin with. And that uniqueness can only be found in CE-3. So agian I will say Enough with the new school crap bring back classic halo gameplay mechanics
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
The problem with adding everything into one sandbox is the balancing. And to have a good Halo game it needs to be balanced. The roots of Halo will always be a balanced arena 4v4. If they can’t do that then the rest of the game will suffer as well
That is why you keep the playlists separate.
It’s not just playlists but the game itself “the sandbox” that will have the balancing issues.
I actually somewhat agree

I think Promethean Vision is obviously the issue here (and loadouts until the weapons are balanced better)

Pickup Map armor abilities are fine, jet packs are fine, bubble shields are fine.

Just nothing game breaking, or spammable.

Thats it

Spartan customization is important. If I want a faster Spartan who’s more acrobatic, armor ability, if I want to be able to run in with a team and distract, armor lock, hologram works fine as well, as does even jet pack.

Armor abilities in loadouts, sure

unfair advantage giving abilities, NO
Quote:
I know they have next to no chance of returning outside of custom games options, but while awkward in Reach, I found them very fun and tactically rich in H4. And for that matter I loved Loadouts as well, though I often disagreed with the official set-ups. I also miss the more flexible scoring options.Ya know what? I like Halo 4. Despite how the mechanics were recieved, they made custom game creation/adjusting the best in the series. While I totally understand Infinite doing its own thing, I'd really like those options back. Except for Ordinance. Actually so long as its optional add that too. Add everything that ever happened in this series. Dual Wielding, whatever.Have your official playlist rulesets, but give me the power to flex in custom game creation. The power to make Halo 4 with dual wielding.
While you may have found AA fun. I for one didnt. I preferd the classic gameplay mechanics that existed in Halo CE-3. It was simple balanced and made the game more fun. The fact COD mechanics was even implemented. Was well The only words I can think of. Quotes the opening scene from halo 2. "Nay It Was Heresy"
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
Agreed. The elephant in the room nobody wants to discuss is H5 was developed with more pro-player involvement than any prior Halo. It is objectively the most polarized gameplay in the series, moreso than H4.
I didnt mind the armor abilities, sprint was good in reach since it was temporary
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
In what universe were Halo 4 and Halo 5 titles that in any way "catered" to the Halo competitive community in any meaningful way? Toning down bloom and removing armor lock? Bringing back descope in Halo 5? Small change compared to the way either of those games doubled down on many of Reach's controversial aspects and went even farther.

Reach may not have had the glaring issues regarding content or lack thereof that Halo 4 and Halo 5 had, but it would be ridiculous to not acknowledge that the deep rifts in the Halo community started with Reach. The grassroots Halo community dying with Reach is just one symptom. Regardless of how anyone feels about any one change like armor abilities, trying to deny that Reach was the start of the downward trend is just absurd.

The series peaked in popularity with Halo 3 and has been steadily going downhill ever since. While I'm not one to say correlation equals causation, I do tend to think it is worth looking into.
WerepyreND wrote:
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
In what universe were Halo 4 and Halo 5 titles that in any way "catered" to the Halo competitive community in any meaningful way? Toning down bloom and removing armor lock? Bringing back descope in Halo 5? Small change compared to the way either of those games doubled down on many of Reach's controversial aspects and went even farther.

Reach may not have had the glaring issues regarding content or lack thereof that Halo 4 and Halo 5 had, but it would be ridiculous to not acknowledge that the deep rifts in the Halo community started with Reach. The grassroots Halo community dying with Reach is just one symptom. Regardless of how anyone feels about any one change like armor abilities, trying to deny that Reach was the start of the downward trend is just absurd.

The series peaked in popularity with Halo 3 and has been steadily going downhill ever since. While I'm not one to say correlation equals causation, I do tend to think it is worth looking into.
I like Halo Reach overall. The main thing I didn't like was the reticle bloom at the time. I didn't really dislike the AA; in fact, in the campaign I thought they were cool. I didn't like them in the MP because of the abuse.
WerepyreND wrote:
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
In what universe were Halo 4 and Halo 5 titles that in any way "catered" to the Halo competitive community in any meaningful way? Toning down bloom and removing armor lock? Bringing back descope in Halo 5? Small change compared to the way either of those games doubled down on many of Reach's controversial aspects and went even farther.

Reach may not have had the glaring issues regarding content or lack thereof that Halo 4 and Halo 5 had, but it would be ridiculous to not acknowledge that the deep rifts in the Halo community started with Reach. The grassroots Halo community dying with Reach is just one symptom. Regardless of how anyone feels about any one change like armor abilities, trying to deny that Reach was the start of the downward trend is just absurd.

The series peaked in popularity with Halo 3 and has been steadily going downhill ever since. While I'm not one to say correlation equals causation, I do tend to think it is worth looking into.
I like Halo Reach overall. The main thing I didn't like was the reticle bloom at the time. I didn't really dislike the AA; in fact, in the campaign I thought they were cool. I didn't like them in the MP because of the abuse.
That's why most people want AA back, but as limited pick-ups and not as loadouts.
WerepyreND wrote:
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
In what universe were Halo 4 and Halo 5 titles that in any way "catered" to the Halo competitive community in any meaningful way? Toning down bloom and removing armor lock? Bringing back descope in Halo 5? Small change compared to the way either of those games doubled down on many of Reach's controversial aspects and went even farther.

Reach may not have had the glaring issues regarding content or lack thereof that Halo 4 and Halo 5 had, but it would be ridiculous to not acknowledge that the deep rifts in the Halo community started with Reach. The grassroots Halo community dying with Reach is just one symptom. Regardless of how anyone feels about any one change like armor abilities, trying to deny that Reach was the start of the downward trend is just absurd.

The series peaked in popularity with Halo 3 and has been steadily going downhill ever since. While I'm not one to say correlation equals causation, I do tend to think it is worth looking into.
I like Halo Reach overall. The main thing I didn't like was the reticle bloom at the time. I didn't really dislike the AA; in fact, in the campaign I thought they were cool. I didn't like them in the MP because of the abuse.
That's why most people want AA back, but as limited pick-ups and not as loadouts.
So people pretty much want equipment back then ;) I always thought equipment and the idea of equipment was much better then AA's

WerepyreND wrote:
Reach did not bring Halo downhill,there is nothing to understand about that as you are completely wrong. Just because it wasn't adopted by MLG and 343 has repeatedly catered to that crowd with 4 and 5 and the franchise only fell further.
In what universe were Halo 4 and Halo 5 titles that in any way "catered" to the Halo competitive community in any meaningful way? Toning down bloom and removing armor lock? Bringing back descope in Halo 5? Small change compared to the way either of those games doubled down on many of Reach's controversial aspects and went even farther.

Reach may not have had the glaring issues regarding content or lack thereof that Halo 4 and Halo 5 had, but it would be ridiculous to not acknowledge that the deep rifts in the Halo community started with Reach. The grassroots Halo community dying with Reach is just one symptom. Regardless of how anyone feels about any one change like armor abilities, trying to deny that Reach was the start of the downward trend is just absurd.

The series peaked in popularity with Halo 3 and has been steadily going downhill ever since. While I'm not one to say correlation equals causation, I do tend to think it is worth looking into.
I definitely agree. Like or dislike AA's, loadouts, bloom, the lack of a ranking system, etc. Reach was definitely the start of the Halo community being much more divided without a doubt then in the past. If anyone thinks otherwise, I would question if they were around during then and if they were, how old they were. Also, I would love to hear when they think the Halo community started to become really divided.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11